Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2016

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, but that guy didn't call Garrett a pussy.

Yet.
If that occurred after the Seattle game, Hardy was absolutely right. The guy had a great game, nearly won it for the game but gosh darn it he couldn't tip, intercept AND run that pass in himself. Then wuss Garrett kicks a FG instead of having a set and going for the TD.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Due diligence and all, but it is kind of hypocritical to shun Hardy while working out with a guy with rape charges in his past.
Wonder if they are still considering Oakman now.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I love that we are looking at WR. They came up really small in Dez's absence. I often wonder if the front offices recognizes our deficiencies so I'm glad they seem to in this case.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I love that we are looking at WR. They came up really small in Dez's absence. I often wonder if the front offices recognizes our deficiencies so I'm glad they seem to in this case.
It is one thing to look, another to have the guts to take one. They looked at every RB under the sun last year, didn't stop them from wasting picks at other areas like LBer.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It is one thing to look, another to have the guts to take one. They looked at every RB under the sun last year, didn't stop them from wasting picks at other areas like LBer.
True, and I wouldn't mind passing if we were going Bpa but we don't seem to be doing that either.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just to have them all in one place.

Cotton

Staff member
We have them in one place. The first post in this thread. :flip
Oh. Didn't realize you were updating it as posts came in. My apologies, DFDC.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
University of Maryland free safety-cornerback Sean Davis has firmly captured the attention of NFL decision-makers.The versatile Terrapins standout defensive back worked out privately for New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick on Friday in College Park and spent a significant amount of time breaking down film with him afterward.Davis is regarded as an ascending draft prospect who’s now projected as a second-round target for NFL teams.Davis has participated or lined up visits, private workouts or private meetings or dinners with 18 NFL teams. That includes the Houston Texans, Patriots, Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts, Seattle Seahawks, Baltimore Ravens, Washington Redskins, Oakland Raiders San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals, Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/maryland-db-sean-davis-worked-out-for-patriots-coach-bill-belichick-has-met-with-visited-or-worked-out-for-18-teams/

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
umm.. this was posted earlier and you even quoted it. :tippytoe

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No worries. Happens with age.

Are you going to update the first page twice with this one?
How about I delete the whole list to be a dick?

I can guarantee you will not find one more comprehensive. Not another board, not Blogging the Boys.

Cotton

Staff member
How about I delete the whole list to be a dick?

I can guarantee you will not find one more comprehensive. Not another board, not Blogging the Boys.
Well, you are a dick, regardless, so deleting the list wouldn't really change that.

Cotton

Staff member
And, I agree. Won't be one more comprehensive. No board on the planet scours Twitter and other sources better than we do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And, I agree. Won't be one more comprehensive. No board on the planet scours Twitter and other sources better than we do.
Yeah, well all that we need is a fake "my insider guy" to pull it together. :sad

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, well all that we need is a fake "my insider guy" to pull it together. :sad
Well, we aren't as good as THAT board, but who is?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Kenny Clark is another great name to add to the list, aside from the possibility of us taking a guy like Cook in the 2nd or Ramsey at 4 I'm feeling quite good about the group of guys we've had visit.

Something that is extremely curious to me is that it seems that aside from Wentz we haven't brought anybody in to visit that was on our coaching staff's roster at the Senior Bowl. I honestly find it very hard to believe that we would be interested in guys like Perkins, Prosise and Drake but not Ken Dixon, guys like Clark and Rankins but not Vernon Butler. Then there are plenty of guys who would make perfect sense for us that were on the roster like Tyvis Powell, Maurice Canady, Nick Martin, Blake Martinez and Sheldon Day.

I know the vast majority of our picks have come through on official visits over the last 10 years but considering the exposure the staff got to prospects at the Senior Bowl I wouldn't be surprised if we went off the visit list a few times in the first 4 rounds.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Something that is extremely curious to me is that it seems that aside from Wentz we haven't brought anybody in to visit that was on our coaching staff's roster at the Senior Bowl. I honestly find it very hard to believe that we would be interested in guys like Perkins, Prosise and Drake but not Ken Dixon, guys like Clark and Rankins but not Vernon Butler. Then there are plenty of guys who would make perfect sense for us that were on the roster like Tyvis Powell, Maurice Canady, Nick Martin, Blake Martinez and Sheldon Day.
I don't see any reason to bring any of them in unless we needed further exposure to them or had some injury issue to check out. If they can't evaluate over the course of that week, that's pretty bad. I expect some of these to end up in Dallas. I think Day is a prime target, so is Martinez. Both seemed to take to what they were being asked to do.

Top Bottom