2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Guys, you can lie to yourselves all you want, but it is written in your big book.

Greed even made the Big 7 no no's list.
You are confusing greed and wealth. It isn't a sin to be wealthy. The sin is in putting it in first place in your life. To interpret any other way is a distortion of the scripture.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But don't you think, that if Christianity is actually real, that people like the Walton family, the douche that bought the drug and raised the price 7000%, and Wall St. bankers that make ridiculous risky decisions are going straight to hell? Do not collect your $200.

I think each one of them will have a hard time explaining their vast, ludicrous wealth while paying their employees $8 an hour, potentially killing sick people who can't afford the new price, and wrecking the economy.

I don't think the they should have went to college, should have worked another job, should have worked harder, JUST SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING is going to cut it with the big man.
You are hung up on the Waltons. I don't know them nor do I know their priorities but I know some wealthy people and the do a lot of good things with what they have been blessed with. It is total presumption on your part to generalize and lump everyone in the same category.

townsend

Banned
The Waltons just lost 31 Billion dollars because wal-mart is trying to pay their employees more. But yeah Internet complainers are absolutely morally superior.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The Families Funding the 2016 Presidential Election

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/11/us/politics/2016-presidential-election-super-pac-donors.html?_r=0

Just 158 families, along with companies they own or control, contributed $176 million in the first phase of the campaign, a New York Times investigation found. Not since before Watergate have so few people and businesses provided so much early money in a campaign, most of it through channels legalized by the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision five years ago.

These donors’ fortunes reflect the shifting composition of the country’s economic elite. Relatively few work in the traditional ranks of corporate America, or hail from dynasties of inherited wealth. Most built their own businesses, parlaying talent and an appetite for risk into huge wealth: They founded hedge funds in New York, bought up undervalued oil leases in Texas, made blockbusters in Hollywood. More than a dozen of the elite donors were born outside the United States, immigrating from countries like Cuba, the old Soviet Union, Pakistan, India and Israel.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The Waltons just lost 31 Billion dollars because wal-mart is trying to pay their employees more. But yeah Internet complainers are absolutely morally superior.
No that is not the reason they lost 31 Billion, the reason is they have lost a lot of market share to other competitors.
http://www.thedailymeal.com/news/eat/walmart-heirs-lose-11-billion-1-day-after-shares-plummet/101615
Walmart has been receiving a lot of pressure from competitors, such as traditional grocery stores, dollar stores, and Amazon. The company is anticipating shares to fall as much as 12 percent in the next fiscal year, according to The Associated Press.

“We all know that retail has changed and will continue to change at an accelerating pace,” Doug McMillon, Walmart CEO, told The AP.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
They were a much stronger business when they had full time employees and paid them well. Going cut-rate, moving too much of their workforce to part time and making it so you can't get checked out in a reasonable time frame any more pissed off and ran off a lot of customers. If they are taking some short term losses trying to correct that I'd call it an investment moreso than charity.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
They were a much stronger business when they had full time employees and paid them well. Going cut-rate, moving too much of their workforce to part time and making it so you can't get checked out in a reasonable time frame any more pissed off and ran off a lot of customers. If they are taking some short term losses trying to correct that I'd call it an investment moreso than charity.
They get the part-timers to go on food stamps and then they come back after work to shop there.

WIN! DOUBLE WIN!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Noone is forced to frequent Wal Mart. If the business or its practices are repugnant to anyone simply withhold your business. That's the American way.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Noone is forced to frequent Wal Mart. If the business or its practices are repugnant to anyone simply withhold your business. That's the American way.
That's what I do, mostly because it sucks to shop there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was that Walmart's business model at some point?

For the last decade or more their business model has strictly been about being the cheapest option. That means cutting costs and sacrificing good service in the name of cheaper prices. Basically people have a choice, pay a little more and go to Target and get good service, or pay less and get shit service at Walmart.

I go to Walmart for certain things but I never go their to really shop.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Was that Walmart's business model at some point?

For the last decade or more their business model has strictly been about being the cheapest option. That means cutting costs and sacrificing good service in the name of cheaper prices. Basically people have a choice, pay a little more and go to Target and get good service, or pay less and get shit service at Walmart.

I go to Walmart for certain things but I never go their to really shop.
It was different when John Walton was alive (he died in 2005 so your timeline is spot on). Their customer service was one of their biggest draws, right up there with low prices. That's when they really started cutting staffing. When I was in high school and college I could get out of wal mart without standing in line behind six people. I shop HEB and Amazon instead unless I need something after midnight now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
One of the initial bragging points of Wal-Mart was they only sold merchandise made in America. That obviously went down e drain when American companies began having their manufacturing done through the outsourcing method. Wal-Mart in turn expanded their merchandise line to purchase a wider base of items to sell and compete with other retailers. That actually began when Sam Walton was still alive. Wal-Mart is now structured like all the other mega retailers. Their methods are no worse than most of their competitors except for the fact that they now have to cut corners on expenses to be able to sell for less than their competitors. The buyer is the recipient of the price breaks.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'd fucking love to spend my money at a Costco if they'd ever fucking build one around here.

They treat their employees right and still have good prices.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The Bible also talks about envy too. Apparently there are many who envy those with wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom