Murray watch thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Really so the fact that he fumbles and the team retains possession should be ignored?

Talk about dumbest things.
He still fumbled even if our team recovers. He just got lucky as hell.

Cotton

Staff member
Holy crap, the Eagles are still going to sign Matthews. 4 headed monster?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I think he knew from the jump that he wasn't going to get big bucks in Dallas but it irks me a bit to see him switch to a division rival. Then again, that goes for any player who not only leaves but jumps to the enemy, knowing how much we can't stand each other.

Dallas took the shot at your ass as you tumbled down the draft, built a line that made you offensive MVP and you flip? :flip

Oh well, good for him but I hope whatever alchemy Kelly is trying to use in Philly blows up in his and Murray's face.

Cotton

Staff member
Insurance in case Murray reverts back to normal and spends most of the season nursing injuries?
How many insurance policies do they need? Good lord.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So you want a rookie to come in and be the "bellcow" without any sort of veteran depth on the roster? No way. I'm fine if they bring in a rookie who they believe can be a 3 down back. Give him a chance to do that. But rookies have a tendency to struggle in pass protection and sometimes have trouble adjusting to the physical nature of the NFL/learning to play dinged up. I want a veteran on the roster as depth/backup plan for sure.
What good would those types of guys do us? Yes, I would much rather go with Randle, Williams, and one of the top rookies.

RB is one of the easiest transitions from college to pro in football. If you're good, you are usually good right away.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he knew from the jump that he wasn't going to get big bucks in Dallas but it irks me a bit to see him switch to a division rival.
I'm actually cool with this. If a team is going to greatly overpay for a player I actually want it to be a division rival. I can't wait for Murray to look broken down and get cut a year or two from now and see the Eagles swallow the big cap hit.

Cotton

Staff member
Especially if they dump Mathis as well.

That makes their starting guards Dennis Kelly and Matt Tobin in a zone based offense. Good luck with that.
And, with 45 RBs you have to think Kelly is going to try to go run-heavy until he can get his QB position sorted out. Behind that line? Lol ok

Jiggyfly

Banned
Are you saying it's not a big deal if he fumbles but the team recovers the ball?

If you are, then he's right - that is fucking stupid.
He is the one implying that by saying lost fumbles are not a cherry picking stat.

Any fumble is a negative.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
100% the right call. No way I would give Murray something like that, something like 4 years, 28 million, 15 guaranteed would've been ok but this?

Fuck that.

And I have absolutely no idea what the Eagles are doing. You trade McCoy because you supposedly don't want to pay age at RB yet you turn around and sign someone the exact same age who is more injury prone and less consistent?

And are still apparently interested in another injury prone RB in Mathews?

And that's what you end up using all your cap space on?

On top of basically sending the Rams a 2nd round pick for a QB who has torn his ACL twice and isn't even that good to begin with?

But hey, they got Byron Maxwell, definitely got Byron Maxwell.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is the one implying that by saying lost fumbles are not a cherry picking stat.

I agree, the fumble recovery rates are pretty random. I don't care if our team recovers the ball or not, it's still a problem if the guy fumbled in the first place.

Cotton

Staff member

Uhh, yeah... I agree.

So confused right now. I suppose you were saying that someone trying to narrow fumbles down to just lost fumbles is cherry picking? If so, I agree.... that's not how your post read at all. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
That's why I said lost fumbles are a cherry picking stat.:shrug
Maybe if you had phrased it as "Choosing just to acknowledge lost fumbles instead of all fumbles is cherry picking" it would have made more sense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
100% the right call. No way I would give Murray something like that, something like 4 years, 28 million, 15 guaranteed would've been ok but this?

Fuck that.

And I have absolutely no idea what the Eagles are doing. You trade McCoy because you supposedly don't want to pay age at RB yet you turn around and sign someone the exact same age who is more injury prone and less consistent?

On top of basically sending the Rams a 2nd round pick for a QB who has torn his ACL twice and isn't even that good to begin with?

Cotton

Staff member

Fuck that.

They will be spending around $12 mill per on Murray and Matthews. Two backs that have consistently shown they can't stay healthy. Makes perfect sense.

Top Bottom