Murray watch thread...

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The problem I see is that we seem locked in with Randle and Dunbar...one of them needs to go to open up a spot.
A few weeks ago on one of the Cowboys website shows Broaddus made a comment that the organization does not trust Randle or Williams and followed it up by saying without directly saying that this is something he has been told by someone within the organization. Take it FWIW. He is wrong about a lot of stuff but once in a while he will pass on info like that to the listening audience. I'm pretty confident that they will look to replace him and that once they get that replacement in place Randle will be gone.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't want Abdullah or Duke Johnson...Gurley and Gordon are 1-2 for me, but Cobb, Ajayi, David Johnson are right there for me too. Big fan of Langford and Buck Allen too.

Newt

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Murray truly does leave, I would like to have Gordon or Gurley, preferably Gordon at 27.
I hate taking the first RB in one of the deepest RB classes I can remember in some time. You're basically not taking advantage of that depth at all. It's why I'd rather sign someone like Ridley and then have the option to wait and draft an Abdullah who could easily end up being the best back in this draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm glad we didn't tie up that much money in him, moving on I guess.
Thank god we didn't do that. Now go and sign some defenders. Murray reminds me a little of Ware last year. It wasn't that I wanted to get rid of him, but once the money exceeds the production it's time to move on. Then you turn around and fill that role with more then one guy. Murrays carries next year need to be divided up between a couple backs.

D

Deuce

I hate taking the first RB in one of the deepest RB classes I can remember in some time. You're basically not taking advantage of that depth at all. It's why I'd rather sign someone like Ridley and then have the option to wait and draft an Abdullah who could easily end up being the best back in this draft.
So pass on the most elite propect in a deep group just cause you hope to get someone good later? Feh. If the opportunity for Gurley (if healthy) or Gordon presents itself and they are the best player, take it. DL is deep this year too. Should we pass on who we can get at 27 because of the same theory?

p1_

DCC 4Life
i know Jerry is losing his mind over this, that alone is worth it.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Carp

DCC 4Life

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I want Gordon/Gurley with Spiller or Bush as a change of pace backup.

Make it so.
The downside is everyone in the league knows Dallas needs and covets one of the top RB's in the draft. If Gordon or Gurley goes in the early 20's then anyone else below us that wants the other one will know to move ahead of our pick. So do we counter and move up for a RB in a deep draft?

I'd stay put in round one and hope Gurley or Gordon drop to us. If not, then we may just have to move up a tad from the late 2nd to secure our #3 option.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom