NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Didn't you and all the Heat haters say this last year? Eventually you'll be right.
Nope.... Didn't say that last year. I said they were vulnerable and that they were not a great team and that was true.

But I don't think they're winning any more titles with their current formula - 3 all stars and a bunch of inconsistent and old role players.

The rumors of Wade's knee condition doesn't help either.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Well I hope that NBA title they won last year some how makes up for not getting the great team label from you. I think they'll win again this year myself.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well I hope that NBA title they won last year some how makes up for not getting the great team label from you. I think they'll win again this year myself.
I think they have great moments, but I don't think they're a great team because they don't really dominate in the playoffs nor do they consistently play good basketball.

They have the game's best player and they've had the best 1-2-3 punch in basketball and that's what has allowed them to win to this point.

However, I think they pay for their inconsistencies this year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm all in on tanking but to be fair Butler, Deng and Noah were out on top of Rose of course, this particular game doesn't tell me anything about the team overall. I'd look to trade Deng just because it doesn't seem we are going to re-sign him and there's no real point to making the playoffs but I wouldn't just unload Noah or Gibson for a couple of ping pong balls, we'd have to be getting something legitimate back in return.

Rose, Butler, Mirotic, Noah, Gibson, 2 rookies and perhaps Snell is a decent little group.

To be quite honest all we need to do is trade Hinrich or have him get injured, with Teague starting at PG we'd have one of the 10 worst records, guaranteed.
I'd deal Noah for the right package cause he's always knicked up (whereas Rose has had 2 major knee injuries, not little nagging things as much), but yeah, I'd have to get something back for him. Butler and Taj are tradeABLE, but they'd have to be in an excellent deal for us.

The guys I'd be looking to move are Deng, Boozer and Hinrich. Because yeah, none of them are likely to be a part of the team past next season, they make a lot of money, you might be able to get a pick or two back for them, and most importantly, it will put you into a good spot in the lottery.

Deal those three guys. Come on, Chicago. Do it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think they have great moments, but I don't think they're a great team because they don't really dominate in the playoffs nor do they consistently play good basketball.

They have the game's best player and they've had the best 1-2-3 punch in basketball and that's what has allowed them to win to this point.

However, I think they pay for their inconsistencies this year.
They've played in 3 straight finals, winning the last two...epitome of consistency.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They've played in 3 straight finals, winning the last two...epitome of consistency.
But they labor to get through the playoffs - and this happens because they don't play great basketball for 5 or 6 games at a time, at least not in the postseason.

Hell, had the Spurs hit their free throws, the story of the finals would have been "What happened to Lebron"? He was pulling another Mavs finals where he just wasn't doing a whole lot. He went 3 straight games without making a real mark on the game.

Bosh constantly disappears and Wade's health leaves you wondering as to which Wade will show up on any given night.

These issues are further compounded by the fact that Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Haslem, etc. show up some nights and sometimes they don't do anything.

Again, I think they've won all the championships they're gonna win with this formula. It wouldn't shock me if they won this year and are capable of doing so, but I think the ride comes to an end, at least temporarily, for this season.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bulls with another loss, this time to the Knicks.

Drop, baby, drop.

Deal Deng and Boozer and Hinrich.

DO IT.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You're not hearing a lot about him but Jeremy Lamb is really developing into a nice young player. The kid is starting to round into form and is gaining confidence week after week.

He and Jackson are coming off the bench and in most cases they are extending or maintaining leads that OKC has built or they cut into the deficit if OKC is trailing. They're becoming a very nice backcourt duo.

Here's a peek at Lamb's numbers:

9.4 ppg - 40% 3PT - 47% FG - 100% FT

That's some very impressive shooting for a 2 guard.

The best part is he's even showed up in the big games. He doesn't just pile up stats against inferior opponents. He's scored in double figures against the Spurs, T-Wolves, Clippers, Mavericks, & Trailblazers.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I liked Lamb alot coming out of UConn, he was one of the guys I was interested in to fill the Bulls hole at the 2 spot a few years ago.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I liked Lamb alot coming out of UConn, he was one of the guys I was interested in to fill the Bulls hole at the 2 spot a few years ago.
If he continues to develop, along with Steven Adams, that takes some of the sting away from the James Harden trade.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Clippers look like they are still a year away from being serious contenders. They are being handled by a bad Nets team.

I can't see them beating a team like the Spurs or Thunder in the 2nd round. Assuming Portland is for real, I think Portland would take them in 5 or 6 as well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Clippers look like they are still a year away from being serious contenders. They are being handled by a bad Nets team.

I can't see them beating a team like the Spurs or Thunder in the 2nd round. Assuming Portland is for real, I think Portland would take them in 5 or 6 as well.
I don't think it's about years.....I think it's about having the right players.

They have an excellent point guard and a solid bench, but both of their front court players are more style than substance.

While Griffin has made improvements to his game, he's still not capable of taking over a game nor does he have a go to move or shot that he can rely on. And do I really need to even get into how little game DeAndre Jordan has?

Alley oops are nice, but dominating the paint and having a consistent low post game would be better. As long as their starting PF and C remain as they are, the Clippers aren't beating any serious contenders in the playoffs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't think it's about years.....I think it's about having the right players.

They have an excellent point guard and a solid bench, but both of their front court players are more style than substance.

While Griffin has made improvements to his game, he's still not capable of taking over a game nor does he have a go to move or shot that he can rely on. And do I really need to even get into how little game DeAndre Jordan has?

Alley oops are nice, but dominating the paint and having a consistent low post game would be better. As long as their starting PF and C remain as they are, the Clippers aren't beating any serious contenders in the playoffs.
DeAndre Jordan is pretty much a one-trick pony. You can't teach his size and athleticism but he lacks the cerebral part of the game. He just doesn't understand the subtleties of the game. That's why the Clippers interior defense isn't that great. That's the biggest hang up that I see in his game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Perhaps a Griffin for Love deal should be in order
That would be killer for the Clippers.

NBA geeks keep saying that Love would love to go back to LA (See what I did there?) so they always mentioned the Lakers but never the Clippers.

At one point I thought it was a slam dunk that he'd leave Minny because they were struggling and former GM David Kahn slammed Love through the media a couple of times.

However, now that Kahn has been canned I'm wondering if the chances of Love staying in Minny has increased.

D

Deuce

Rondo has been cleared to play. Watch out. A 1st place team just got stronger.

shane

DCC 4Life
That would be killer for the Clippers.

NBA geeks keep saying that Love would love to go back to LA (See what I did there?) so they always mentioned the Lakers but never the Clippers.

At one point I thought it was a slam dunk that he'd leave Minny because they were struggling and former GM David Kahn slammed Love through the media a couple of times.

However, now that Kahn has been canned I'm wondering if the chances of Love staying in Minny has increased.
Love would be stupid not to get out of dodge. The deal might make sense for both teams. Clips might become a contender, and Minny would be bad enough to get some lotto picks to build around Griffin/Rubio/Pekovic

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bulls messed up by eeking out a 1 point win over the Bucks the other night. Should have lost it. Still, nice loss to the Raptors to follow it up.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Sixers are stringing together some nice losses.

Top Bottom