2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just read that Elliot scored a 32 on his wonderlic. Very nice.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Cotton

Staff member

5Ringzz

Brand New Member

:rofl

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Man, it's hard to make a call on Jack cause I just don't know the medicals. Is he never going to play? Or is he ready to step onto the field tomorrow but just may break down quickly?

Broaddus tells the story of Jeremiah Trotter, how the doctor said he doesn't know if he'll play 10 games or 10 years. Ended up playing 12 years.

I think you should have gotten three doctors opinions and listened to what they said; but if he is just a long term risk to breakdown, I think I roll the dice here.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, it's hard to make a call on Jack cause I just don't know the medicals. Is he never going to play? Or is he ready to step onto the field tomorrow but just may break down quickly?

Broaddus tells the story of Jeremiah Trotter, how the doctor said he doesn't know if he'll play 10 games or 10 years. Ended up playing 12 years.

I think you should have gotten three doctors opinions and listened to what they said; but if he is just a long term risk to breakdown, I think I roll the dice here.
What's a long term risk? If the thought is he may only play 5 years, then I'd say why not? I mean people justify a RB in the first by saying he will be really valuable for those first 5 years and then you move on. Shouldn't Jack get that same type of consideration? I mean he is an instant impact kind of a guy. If 5 years from now he needs micro fracture surgery then who cares.

On the other hand if it's like, he should probably consider the surgery now, I'd say hell no. I'm not taking a LBer who gets redshirted this entire year in the second round.

I've said it before, look at Leary. The guy went undrafted because of his knee even though he was a third/fourth round talent. He is now 3 years into his career and the knee hasn't been a serious issue.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Yeah, anytime they start doing this, you know it's jacked up.

Like Tunsil and Spence sending their clean drug tests to everyone.

They doth protest too much.

Cotton

Staff member
With the doc saying he won't have to have surgery, how much does your interest in Jack go up?

Jiggyfly

Banned

It's not like he is just showing this, he has been doing drills over the last 2 months and did a 40+ vertical.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If I am Cleve I am allover Jack, they are in a rebuilding phase and have plenty of draft picks he is a guy they can gamble on.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I almost looked it up. Didn't we used to have a glossary, or was that an earlier DCC?
We have a glossary, but only VIP's have access.

~thumbing nose in the air~

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well it was already a red flag when he wouldn't run a forty and then sending out tapes of his workouts to try and convince people he was perfectly healthy. I'll trust our medical people on this one. I'm guessing basically all 32 NFL teams are taking a look at those medicals again because none expected him to be an option in the second round.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
With the doc saying he won't have to have surgery, how much does your interest in Jack go up?
I take him at 34, unless someone else is willing to trade up.

Would really like to pick up an extra 2nd since there's so much talent available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom