2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ogbah is the rumor floating around.
I really like Ogbah. I know he gets knocked for taking plays off. But you can't coach 6'4" 270 pounds and 4.63 speed. Throw in 24 sacks over the last 2 years and there is just a lot to like about him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well if Dodd is the last of the 1st round graded talent, you secure him.
Doesn't make any sense with this much talent still out there. Is there really that much difference between Dodd and Ogbah?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
There is so much talent still out there. Why throw away picks?
Exactly, I would even trade down a bit if the opportunity arises.

D

Deuce

Doesn't make any sense with this much talent still out there. Is there really that much difference between Dodd and Ogbah?
If ones a first round grade and the other isn't, in guessing they see differences.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe there is. Dodd is going to be a 24 year old rookie, ran something like a 4.86 forty and was a one year wonder.

Ogbah will be a 22 year old rookie, put back to back double digit sack seasons together and runs a 4.63 forty.

To me it's an easy choice between the two. I'd give up Leary to take Ogbah over Dodd. But that's assuming Dallas doesn't care about other positions.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Leary straight up for their pick? That would be pretty great, but the Browns seem to be trying to collect as many picks as possible
They already have too many this year, they should be looking to trade for future picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Leary straight up for their pick? That would be pretty great, but the Browns seem to be trying to collect as many picks as possible
I think it's more like Dallas's second round pick and Leary for the Browns second round pick.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think it's more like Dallas's second round pick and Leary for the Browns second round pick.
That's shitty value, Browns should kick in a pick then.

I I don't know why we need to trade up when both Ogbah and Dodd are there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's shitty value, Browns should kick in a pick then.

I I don't know why we need to trade up when both Ogbah and Dodd are there.
Because one is significantly better then the other. I've explained why I think Ogbah is in my opinion the much better prospect (Age, athleticism and production are all in his favor). I think Dodd has been overrated the entire way. Not that I will hate Dodd if we get him, I just think he is a mediocre DE prospect at that point in the draft.

Could ask for a kick back. The trade value for that swap is like a 5th round pick. So if you value Leary as a fourth round value then you should get a little extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom