Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

That one was actually funny.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Cotton

Staff member
What? I was told our OL has been terrible this year. Huh.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What? I was told our OL has been terrible this year. Huh.
It would be interesting to see this reduced to a parity number since the offense of Dallas probably had fewer offensive plays than most teams.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When the QBs are told to check down, not that surprising.

Jiggyfly

Banned
When the QBs are told to check down, not that surprising.
There are only five QB with fewer pressures per dropback than Dallas QB (Carr, Brees, Dalton, Hoyer, Roethlisberger), and all five of them get the ball out in an average of less than 2.5 seconds.

None of our four QB this year average less than 2.5 seconds from snap to pass attempt. Although they've been throwing a lot of underneath stuff, they haven't been getting rid of it quickly.
Per Percy and PFF.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Per Percy and PFF.
A check down doesn't mean you are telling them to get it out quickly. This just means the long developing crap didn't work and they were trying to avoid risk. This is not and never has been a quick passing game under Garrett.

Jiggyfly

Banned
A check down doesn't mean you are telling them to get it out quickly. This just means the long developing crap didn't work and they were trying to avoid risk. This is not and never has been a quick passing game under Garrett.
What does that have to do with pressures?

Pressures are directly correlated to how long you hold the ball and Dallas QB's were all in the top 10 of holding the ball the longest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What does that have to do with pressures?

Pressures are directly correlated to how long you hold the ball and Dallas QB's were all in the top 10 of holding the ball the longest.
No, pressures are basically "near sacks". A pressure doesn't have to come within 2.5 seconds or 4.5. If the passer is forced to get rid of the ball to avoid the sack and is "hurried" to get rid of his pass, it is recorded as a pressure.

It is all subjective nonsense anyways.

Look, not saying that the OL didn't do an okay job. But why we are grasping onto whatever positives to try to salvage one of the worst passing attacks in team history, I will never know.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the point is we aren't avoiding pressure stats simply by getting the ball out quickly. The pass protection has in no way been the problem this year. It's shitty QB play and that's about it. Now the defense has some issues too but that's a story for another day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would be interesting to see this reduced to a parity number since the offense of Dallas probably had fewer offensive plays than most teams.
Now this is a legitimate argument. When you aren't converting third downs all of your offensive numbers will be down. Sort of like our rushing statistics this year would look a shit ton better if we had a QB that could actually convert third downs and allow us more rushing attempts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I have literally no knowledge of those two players.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom