Gosselin: Jason Garrett, staff let Cowboys down when they were needed most

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think whatever chance there is to bring in a new HC would be improved if clowns like Switzer and Lacewell got in Jerry's ear to tell him how poorly a job Garrett has done this year.

He still confides very much in those two bozos and talks to them every offseason. If they have any sense whatsoever, then they too will have noticed how teams all around the leagues have overcome injuries and poor QB situations to get a few wins here and there, while we immediately went to shit without Romo.

If they point these same things out to Jerry, then it might push him a bit more to make a change.
Sad when we have to rely on Switzer and Lacewell to be the voices of reason.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think whatever chance there is to bring in a new HC would be improved if clowns like Switzer and Lacewell got in Jerry's ear to tell him how poorly a job Garrett has done this year.

He still confides very much in those two bozos and talks to them every offseason.
With our luck he's calling old man Garrett for advice on this.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Garrett is trolling Jerry for making him fire his brother.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I wonder where the brother is coaching, if at all.
Just checked it out and he's a quality control coach at the U of Florida.

That's why Garrett is such an obedient Jerry servant. Defy him and you (and brother Judd) could go from making millions (or hundreds of thousands in Judd's case) to making 45k breaking down practice film for UConn.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

That's why Garrett is such an obedient Jerry servant. Defy him and you (and brother Judd) could go from making millions (or hundreds of thousands in Judd's case) to making 45k breaking down practice film for UConn.
Which is where Garrett is headed as soon as he's dumped here.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Which is where Garrett is headed as soon as he's dumped here.
it'll be interesting to see where he ends up once this charade is finally over, if only for comic relief.
Maybe Judd will hire the brother that axed him.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
it'll be interesting to see where he ends up once this charade is finally over, if only for comic relief.
Maybe Judd will hire the brother that axed him.
Since he's proven to pretty much be Dave Campo, but lucky enough to have a great QB, I expect his career path to take a similar downward trajectory.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Since he's proven to pretty much be Dave Campo, but lucky enough to have a great QB, I expect his career path to take a similar downward trajectory.
Campo went on to still be a good DC and secondary coach and he was a better coordinator than Garrett has ever been.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Quality control coach at the college level.

:ha:

That's bad.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
probably too much dignity for that. Garrett's an arrogant prick, he'll never admit to himself or anybody else how bad he's been.
Yep.

Plus, he's made 30 million or so off Jerry, which has to be many multiples more than Campo. So he won't have to work again if he doesn't want to.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yep.

Plus, he's made 30 million or so off Jerry, which has to be many multiples more than Campo. So he won't have to work again if he doesn't want to.
And I bet that Princeton education is a lot better for taking care of his personal finances than it is for coaching football.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He didn't last long as a DC and he was a shitty DB coach here.
Yeah the same way Zimmer was shitty DC here.

Campo was Superbowl winning DC and DB coach, he has always been a pretty good DC and DB coach and the stats back it up.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah the same way Zimmer was shitty DC here.

Campo was Superbowl winning DC and DB coach, he has always been a pretty good DC and DB coach and the stats back it up.
Campo went on to last 2 years as Cleveland's DC mostly as a favor from Butch Davis. He hung around in Jacksonville for three years, then came here and coached the worst performing unit of our defense all 4 years he was here. He couldn't get the secondary to generate a turnover even with several years of the front 7 being close to the league lead in sacks.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Campo went on to last 2 years as Cleveland's DC mostly as a favor from Butch Davis. He hung around in Jacksonville for three years, then came here and coached the worst performing unit of our defense all 4 years he was here. He couldn't get the secondary to generate a turnover even with several years of the front 7 being close to the league lead in sacks.
Most coaches get jobs because of who they know.

And yet you leave out the fact that he was a Superbowl winning DC and DB coach.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Top Bottom