Legalize all drugs yes or no

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
From the descriptions that Synthetic weed sounds about as fun as huffing paint.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried that synthetic shit once. Fuck. That. Getting rid of that garbage is one of a million reasons weed should be legalized.
I actually think the legalization of weed would totally eliminate that synthetic crap. It's also why drugs still need to be regulated in some aspect, because a lot of people doing that stuff have no idea what the effects will be until after they do it.

But for the most part, drugs should be legal. If someone wants to safely destroy their own body I think they have a right to.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
From the descriptions that Synthetic weed sounds about as fun as huffing paint.
I tried it once and going into it had the benefit of being told to take it real easy. The person who told me that had smoked some as if it were weed and was overwhelmed by it. I only took a couple of drags and was gripping on my couch for 30 minutes trying to keep it together. It was nothing like weed. The effect was more like some sort of amphetamine. It was a terrible feeling. I'm sure it has caused a lot of problems and emergency room visits for people who overdid it, not knowing what they were getting themselves into, and freaked out. It is dangerous, IMO, and should not be sold to anyone. Real weed can throw people for a loop if it is stronger than what they are used to or if they are just not used to it at all, but I have never experienced the same effects from real weed and no one I have ever spoken to about it has either (definitely not to that extent anyway).

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Agreed. I'm just hoping Phil is playing devil's advocate here.
Maybe so. Otherwise I need some sort of explanation on why he thinks it is a good idea besides "waste of money and resources".

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
At this point, why not? This country is so fricked up maybe we should weed out a few, churn the bottom of the population.

townsend

Banned
At this point, why not? This country is so fricked up maybe we should weed out a few, churn the bottom of the population.
It's not like the bottom of the population has any problem acquiring drugs. If anything it makes it more available to less criminally inclined.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It's not like the bottom of the population has any problem acquiring drugs. If anything it makes it more available to less criminally inclined.
That's true which is one reason not to make it legal. I don't think drugs should be more available and more widespread. At the same time I agree that the sentencing guidelines are out of whack for certain recreational drugs especially considering the hypocrisy with alcohol. It's an interesting topic because prohibition showed that outlawing doesn't actually work. I know people who want to use will find a way to use. At the same time though, making all drugs legal likely opens it up to people to use and try and get addicted who otherwise wouldn't go to the trouble.

On one hand I'm ready to say let those who want to destroy themselves do so. But on the other, I find it wrong to say let's make it all legal when we know it's detrimental in many cases. But something isn't working now so I don't know what the actual answer is.

townsend

Banned
That's true which is one reason not to make it legal. I don't think drugs should be more available and more widespread. At the same time I agree that the sentencing guidelines are out of whack for certain recreational drugs especially considering the hypocrisy with alcohol. It's an interesting topic because prohibition showed that outlawing doesn't actually work. I know people who want to use will find a way to use. At the same time though, making all drugs legal likely opens it up to people to use and try and get addicted who otherwise wouldn't go to the trouble.

On one hand I'm ready to say let those who want to destroy themselves do so. But on the other, I find it wrong to say let's make it all legal when we know it's detrimental in many cases. But something isn't working now so I don't know what the actual answer is.
I don't think that anyone knows, or that ther'll ever be a perfect solution, but I'd rather make addicts walk into a drug store to get their fix than an alley.

As a guy who's quit smoking, I think it's way easier when the product isn't so scarce.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Why not?

It would have the added benefit of law enforcement not having to bother with the violent psychopaths who sell and distribute it now. Maybe lessen their tension levels and have less shootings.

But I can see why law enforcement would want it illegal as well. MONEY. Where would they replace all those untold millions they seize?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What do you think about decriminalization? It's one thing to control a substance but it's another to punish people for being addicted to it.
My view of illegal drug use is I am opposed to it and that's it. I feel justified in that position end of story.

dallen

Senior Tech
Legalize marijuana? Sure.

Provide treatment to drug addicts instead of sending them to prison? Sure. If you can personally do meth and otherwise be a contributing member of society go for it I guess.

But distributing some stuff needs to be illegal.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Legalize marijuana? Sure.

Provide treatment to drug addicts instead of sending them to prison? Sure. If you can personally do meth and otherwise be a contributing member of society go for it I guess.

But distributing some stuff needs to be illegal.
Right. There is no such thing as recreational meth use. Treatment almost always fails for this type of addiction, so we would be wasting a LOT of money.

I don't know the answer but weed has to be legal. I can't make sense of it not being.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Right. There is no such thing as recreational meth use. Treatment almost always fails for this type of addiction, so we would be wasting a LOT of money.

I don't know the answer but weed has to be legal. I can't make sense of it not being.
Meth was my drug of choice during my dark years. I can tell you firsthand, that shit it rough to walk away from. Not impossible, but it damn sure ain't easy.

And, yes, pot should be legal.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Cool conversation, brah.
There are some things I do not compromise. Drug use (abuse) is one. I hope everyone has some values they take seriously enough to refuse to yield their position. I simply put it out front.

Last edited:
Top Bottom