2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
:lol

Yes, because there is no bias for Democrats. But hey, why don't you select a name or two from a vast minority and then try to claim that it is the stance by Republican's that his statement is racist. It's almost like you're being exceptionally dishonest on purpose. Or maybe you also just don't understand the definition of racism.
I said Republican brass. You know, the fairly rational party leaders who didn't want Trump as their nominee. Obviously the people who made Trump nominee are going to assume that nothing Trump says is racist, and guess what, you agree with them. You agree with the most wrong demographic when it comes to racism.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You agree with the most wrong demographic when it comes to racism.
Except I agree with the truth, and you agree with the people who hate Trump and are willing to say and do anything they can to make sure he isn't elected. I on the other hand have done nothing to support Trump. I just don't believe making shit up is acceptable when talking about either candidate.

townsend

Banned
Except I agree with the truth, and you agree with the people who hate Trump and are willing to say and do anything they can to make sure he isn't elected. I on the other hand have done nothing to support Trump. I just don't believe making shit up is acceptable when talking about either candidate.
That's true, Paul Ryan, who just endorsed Trump, and stands to lose seats if the down ticket suffers from this, is "willing to do anything they can to make sure he isn't elected".

Maybe you're just wrong. Maybe you were being a huge asshole for telling a black guy he doesn't know what racism is. Maybe the fact that the people who agree with you are the people who weren't appalled by the last 2 years of Trump should be a sign that you're fighting for the crazy side of this argument.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's true, Paul Ryan, who just endorsed Trump, and stands to lose seats if the down ticket suffers from this, is "willing to do anything they can to make sure he isn't elected".

Maybe you're just wrong. Maybe you were being a huge asshole for telling a black guy he doesn't know what racism is.
God, you're such a race baiting piece of shit sometimes. Every time a person mentions a person's ethnicity it isn't racism. But I'm sure you love to claim it all the time. Because you're that type of lowlife when it comes to this stuff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
God, you're such a race baiting piece of shit sometimes. Every time a person mentions a person's ethnicity it isn't racism. But I'm sure you love to claim it all the time. Because you're that type of lowlife when it comes to this stuff.
I didn't make my point about that issue as well. Only knee jerk people are ready to grab their sword at any mention of ethnicity. It's really sad how the tunnel vision of some just hammer down on the racism side of anything that mentions a different background.

townsend

Banned
I don't think you know me very well. But this is a nice way of dodging around your completely false "It's cause I'm the only unbiased person, and ever body else is just against Trump" argument. How about you actually admit you were wrong there. You singlehandedly proved why bringing up republican brass was relevant after calling me a liar for something I didn't say. All the while sternly backing the stance that only Trump apologists are willing to touch.

And yeah, it is shitty to tell a black guy he doesn't know what racism is. Because not only does it completely disregard his personal experience, but it establishes you as some authoritative figure on the definition. Even though you disagree with the majority of America. Do you not see the levels hubris that requires?

You're saying that most people, including one who very likely has way more first hand experience with racism than you. Don't know what it is. No wonder you are on the same side of this issue as Trump.

townsend

Banned
I'm guessing saying we should register Muslims isn't racist either, and anyone who said otherwise was part of a vast anti-Trump conspiracy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're saying that most people, including one who very likely has way more first hand experience with racism than you. Don't know what it is. No wonder you are on the same side of this issue as Trump.
Whether a comment is racist or not is black and white. I don't care that most democrats disagree with me and most republicans agree with me. And the fact that you want to interject race into this argument as to someones ability to recognize racism is blatant race baiting. It's funny because you like to stand up for every minority group, but the fact that you can't help but interject race into every comment does nothing but perpetuate the problem. But please feel free to claim again that Republican Brass claims it's racist while the vast majority of Republicans claim it isn't. Hell even Jiggy admits it wasn't a racist comment and he is as Liberal as they come on here.

townsend

Banned
Whether a comment is racist or not is black and white. I don't care that most democrats disagree with me and most republicans agree with me. And the fact that you want to interject race into this argument as to someones ability to recognize racism is blatant race baiting. It's funny because you like to stand up for every minority group, but the fact that you can't help but interject race into every comment does nothing but perpetuate the problem. But please feel free to claim again that Republican Brass claims it's racist while the vast majority of Republicans claim it isn't. Hell even Jiggy admits it wasn't a racist comment and he is as Liberal as they come on here.
I interjected race into a conversation about racism, God that's controversial...
You do realize that there's such a thing as first hand experience with racism? You do realize that minorities, particularly blacks, are more likely to have it? That's not race baiting that's stating the obvious.

Also, I do disagree with Jiggy on this, but I'm not such a self assured ass that I'd say that he doesn't know what racism is. It's not black and white (unfortunate term for the issue) it's a subjective thing. But unless you have a wildly different background than what I understand, you have no fucking place to claim authority on the topic. The fact that you're out of step with the consensus proves that.

Oh and it's not just Democrats that disagree with you, it's non-Republicans, including Libertarian VP candidate Bill Weld. As much as you like to pretend that you hate the two party system, you sure love parading out the fallacious reasoning that all non-republicans are democrat. You agree with republicans, who are presently ruled by a fringe that the 1980s equivalent of the party would consider extremist. They are not half of the population, they're maybe a third and dwindling as they disenfranchise more and more moderates. Y'know, people who the brass want to appeal to. Y'know, the brass who called what Trump said "textbook racism".

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Please, elaborate.
When there were mid eastern nations being bludgeoned and masses were fleeing, reports were that the terrorist (extreme Muslims) were infiltrating to attempt to gain access to other countries. At that time several intelligence groups and congressmen from the US were recommending that no entry be allowed until a program could be structured to vet the Muslim groups. I think it would be an intelligent move even though the majority would be delayed and inconvenienced.

townsend

Banned
No you interjected race as to weather someone can have knowledge or not. That's actually sort of racist.
Please inform me how acknowledging that a black person would likely have more experience with racism, in a country with a present statistically provable problem of racism against blacks, is racist, but implying that a Judge can't do his job because of his Mexican heritage isn't.

townsend

Banned
Keep in mind Judge Curiel was a federal prosecutor that has been attacked by Mexican drug cartels. But I'm guessing Donald didn't do any homework before he made an irresponsible judgment on Curiel's character based on his race. I wish there was an adjective to describe that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Please inform me how acknowledging that a black person would likely have more experience with racism, in a country with a present statistically provable problem of racism against blacks, is racist, but implying that a Judge can't do his job because of his Mexican heritage isn't.
That is completely out of context. It wasn't about whether the judge could do his job it was whether he may be biased against Trump and it might affect his rulings. Haven't you been reading this part of this thread. There are different opinions as to what was being questioned. Trump questioned the judge because of Trumps position on illegal immigrants and whether his heritage would influence him. That isn't a racial issue it's a legal issue.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Claiming someone is either right or wrong based on the color of their skin is absolutely racist.

On the other hand, claiming someone is treating you unfairly because of their race isn't racist. It could be totally wrong (And in the case of this judge I think it is). But that doesn't make it racist.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep in mind Judge Curiel was a federal prosecutor that has been attacked by Mexican drug cartels. But I'm guessing Donald didn't do any homework before he made an irresponsible judgment on Curiel's character based on his race. I wish there was an adjective to describe that.
Stupid, wrong, childish, ignorant? Plenty of terms for that. Racist isn't. I'm sure Judge Curiel has his biases, every human does. But I don't necessarily think that Trump is being treat unfairly with the lawsuit.

townsend

Banned
Claiming someone is either right or wrong based on the color of their skin is absolutely racist.

On the other hand, claiming someone is treating you unfairly because of their race isn't racist. It could be totally wrong (And in the case of this judge I think it is). But that doesn't make it racist.
I wasn't claiming they were right or wrong, I was claiming they likely had more experience, and that you were out of line for failing to acknowledge that you likely have less experience with racism than they do. To say outright, "you don't know what racism is" is ridiculously arrogant. I disagree with Jiggy here, but I'm not telling him he doesn't know what racism is. There's an appreciable difference.

Claiming someone's treating you unfairly because of their race is absolutely racist. When Larry Johnson said that he hated for non-black coaches to tell him to do something, that was some racist bullshit, and was a prime example of a kid who had been coddled his whole life using race as an excuse for his own short comings. Just like Trump, a pampered asshole who's rarely been held accountable, tried to discredit a judge with a solid career based solely on his race.

townsend

Banned
Stupid, wrong, childish, ignorant? Plenty of terms for that. Racist isn't. I'm sure Judge Curiel has his biases, every human does. But I don't necessarily think that Trump is being treat unfairly with the lawsuit.
If Trump attacked Curiel's political alignment, or his stance on immigration that would make more sense. But you can't assume a bias based on race, that's definitely racist. If I assumed a guy was a democrat, because he was black. That'd still be racist. If I assumed you were a Trump supporter because you were white, that would also be racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom