The Beer Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Any home brewers at DCC?

I would imagine with the recent craft beer boom it's probably tough to get your hands on some hops, but I'd like to give it a go.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Any home brewers at DCC?

I would imagine with the recent craft beer boom it's probably tough to get your hands on some hops, but I'd like to give it a go.
I've never done it, but always wanted to try my hand at it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Any home brewers at DCC?

I've never done it, but always wanted to try my hand at it.

Genghis Khan

I prefer lagers and crafts, but I have to admit if I just want a smooth, easy light beer, Bud Light Lime is great.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Picked up some of this on way home

Genghis Khan

Coffee flavored beer? That has to be more bitter than an eagles fan looking at their trophy case.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Coffee flavored beer? That has to be more bitter than an eagles fan looking at their trophy case.
I've had a few coffee'd stouts that are pretty bitter, this was really smooth. Founders nailed this one

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Picked up some of this on way home
Founders might be the most consistently excellent brewery I know of from style to style. Never had a bad beer from them and most are very good. Their stouts are particularly impressive. Haven't had this one yet. Will buy it if I see it.

And coffee stouts are great beers if done right, Geng. Might not sound great on the surface but I have had many and there are some great ones. This one appears to be a brown ale rather than a stout but whatever. Founders can pretty much do no wrong in my book.

Playmaker

Brand New Member
Founders might be the most consistently excellent brewery I know of from style to style. Never had a bad beer from them and most are very good. Their stouts are particularly impressive. Haven't had this one yet. Will buy it if I see it.

And coffee stouts are great beers if done right, Geng. Might not sound great on the surface but I have had many and there are some great ones. This one appears to be a brown ale rather than a stout but whatever. Founders can pretty much do no wrong in my book.
Love Founders. Thismis an ale not a stout, gotta try it if I see it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Love Founders. Thismis an ale not a stout, gotta try it if I see it.
Yea I misspoke when I called it a stout but to my tastes it was closer to a stout than brown ale. Compared to the brown ales I've had at least.

Whatever it was it was excellent.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Over 100 degrees nearly every day the last couple of weeks and you assholes aren't drinking any beer???

Today was yardwork day so I've already finished off the last of a growler of Noble Cock http://www.texasbeerspot.com/four-corners-noble-rey-noble-cock/
and now I'm working on this
I have been drinking a lot of local/regional beers this summer. Had some Lone Pint Yellow Rose recently, Live Oak Hefeweizen, different Jester King wild/sour ales. I was in Chicago for 10 days in late July and had a bunch of great Midwestern beer that I can't get in Austin. I had several different Three Floyds beers, a couple from Revolution (went to that brewery while I was in town because I spent some time in that neighborhood), Half Acre, Solemn Oath, Pipeworks, etc. Also had a couple of Allagash White, which is not a Midwestern beer but they distribute there and not here. Oh and a really outstanding Belgian beer called Tripel Karmeliet from Brouwerij Bosteels.

Top Bottom