Week 9 Gameday Chatter Thread | Eagles vs Cowboys| 11/8/2015

data

Forbes #1
While we stand at 0-6 with backup QBs, what is our record against backups?

We've lost to mark Sanchez, josh mcnown, colt McCoy, Matt Flynn.

We've beaten Rex grossman, Mark sanchez and Matt mcgloin.

Am I missing anyone?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A whole game right now makes a huge difference the way this division is performing.
Yeah if we would have won just one or two games in Romo's absence we would probably be talking playoffs. Instead we are talking draft picks. I'd say that's a pretty big deal. Especially with a healthy Romo in the playoffs we would be capable really of beating anyone.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah if we would have won just one or two games in Romo's absence we would probably be talking playoffs. Instead we are talking draft picks. I'd say that's a pretty big deal. Especially with a healthy Romo in the playoffs we would be capable really of beating anyone.
It's sad that the reality will be worse than all of the above.

A likely 7-9 finish, out of the playoffs, and an average draft pick compared with the level of disappointment with Romo and Witten each a year older.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice caveat....but he would never sniff another HC gig.
:lol No kidding. There are an insane amount of jobs NFL teams have. With his connections and educational background of course he would find a job if he wants it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He might get another OC job just because this is such an incestuous league and he's such a great butt kisser, politician, and NFL lifer. It would just depend on what head coach happened to have an opening.

But he'd still just be a JAG OC.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I notice you didn't claim he would get an OC job. So you're admitting that at best he would be somebody's Wade Wilson somewhere.
Yeah. Of course he would get a job. Once you break into the circle you have one for life in some capacity no matter the qualifications. He would probably qet a quality control assistant job.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He might get another OC job just because this is such an incestuous league and he's such a great butt kisser, politician, and NFL lifer. It would just depend on what head coach happened to have an opening.

But he'd still just be a JAG OC.
I wonder how much of the stink of what happened with Wade would follow him.

I'm sure it did not go over well with him being hired 1st and then taking over, I'm not saying he did anything nefarious but you know that set up was talked about in coaching circles.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
:lol No kidding. There are an insane amount of jobs NFL teams have. With his connections and educational background of course he would find a job if he wants it.
If the Poodle can come up with a secondary coach position then I'm sure JG find someone to make him a QB or quality control coach. But just like with Campo, only Jerruh is dumb enough to give either an NFL HC job. If Jerry had just limited it to any of 400 coaches instead of 500 we may have been OK.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah. Of course he would get a job. Once you break into the circle you have one for life in some capacity no matter the qualifications. He would probably qet a quality control assistant job.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone fall from HC to glorified intern. Those jobs are like for family members, former players and college buddies being developed into real coaches.

I think he could easily get a mid-major HC job in college. His "accountability" "process" "stacking" rhetoric is just the sort of responsible sounding bullshit some Bowling Green or UConn sized college wants to hear. No one would bat an eye if he became the next HC at SMU.

That would be far less humiliating than falling below position coach.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think he could easily get a mid-major HC job in college. His "accountability" "process" "stacking" rhetoric is just the sort of responsible sounding bullshit some Bowling Green or UConn sized college wants to hear. No one would bat an eye if he became the next HC at SMU.
I actually think he might be a decent college coach. Apparently many, if not most, people buy in to his cliched nonsense, so maybe he'd make a good recruiter.

I don't comprehend it because I've always thought he was a big phony, but lots of people seem to think he's a genius and all around great human being.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think I've ever seen anyone fall from HC to glorified intern. Those jobs are like for family members, former players and college buddies being developed into real coaches.

That would be far less humiliating than falling below position coach.
The quality control part was just a joke.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wonder how much of the stink of what happened with Wade would follow him.

I'm sure it did not go over well with him being hired 1st and then taking over, I'm not saying he did anything nefarious but you know that set up was talked about in coaching circles.
He all but was a smiling back stabber with Phillips, IMO.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He all but was a smiling back stabber with Phillips, IMO.
IMO he flat out sandbagged him by running the same vanilla offense they used in preseason and then changed it up right after Wade was fired

Top Bottom