Super Bowl XLIX Gameday Chatter | Patriots vs Seahawks | 2-1-2015

vince

Not So New Member
They got pretty lucky against the Packers. They played a team with a sub .500 record for their first game. Just kind of feels like everything lined up perfectly for them to make the Superbowl.
I'm telling you man. That Kearse catch is the Seattle Seahawks' season in a nutshell.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seattle was actually better offensively this year than they were last year...when they were probably a better team a year ago. Their offense is unconventional for sure, but they did finish in the top ten in yardage and scoring this year.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Luke Willson had been a big part of their success in this playoff run, he did not have a catch yesterday. That to me was huge.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Still a stupid playcall, just dance with the girl you brought dummies

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd have to put Titans/Rams in there. In fact last night's game reminded me of that - trailing team has a chance to win in the closing seconds but loses it at the goal line.
That was a crap game with a good 4th quarter and a great ending.

As a whole the game was not all that great.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Could you imagine if Romo threw that pick? And Garrett was the head coach? Good thing Seattle, Wilson and Carroll have a Super Bowl in their back pocket.
The entire internet would have been down for maintenance.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They got pretty lucky against the Packers. They played a team with a sub .500 record for their first game. Just kind of feels like everything lined up perfectly for them to make the Superbowl.
Dallas had a better offense than both Superbowl teams, and certainly one that matched up well against either defense. Cowboys should have been in that game. What a missed opportunity.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Carp

DCC 4Life

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Sounds like he's saying if this is the worst that could happen....

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm telling you man. That Kearse catch is the Seattle Seahawks' season in a nutshell.
they've been able to keep their team intact because they haven't had to pay their QB big money .. yet. once that happens, they'll have a lot of tough choices to make.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
they've been able to keep their team intact because they haven't had to pay their QB big money .. yet. once that happens, they'll have a lot of tough choices to make.
The decline starts this offseason when they will overpay both Wilson and Lynch. Barring a fine draft along the DL, I don't think they will be an elite team again.

D

Deuce

Shouldn't matter. They couldn't stop Lynch at all last night.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm not going to bury the Seahawks yet. They have a system in place that works and are still the best team in their division.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The odds were against him, but Belichick gambled and it paid off. After Lynch ran to the 1 there was still over :50 left. Many on message boards and twitter were screaming for him to take a timeout so Brady and the Pats could have a little time to respond. But instead he let the clock keep running which I think caught Seattle off guard and with just one timeout of their own they were likely going to have to pass on either that 2nd down play or 3rd down. Since the Pats kept their goal line defense in Seattle outsmarted themselves by trying to pass on 2nd down rather than run and risk not scoring and then being forced to use their final timeout and also be almost forced to pass on 3rd down with the Pats expecting it.

If NE had called timeout right after the Lynch run to the 1 it would've ensured the Pats offense having some time if needed, but it also would've left the Seahawks with time to run on 3 consecutive plays if necessary. I think running on 2nd, even a read option was the best choice but I do see some validity in trying to pass while NE was in the goal line run stop defense and with Seattle only having 1 timeout left. As it turned out they played right into Belichick's hand.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The odds were against him, but Belichick gambled and it paid off. After Lynch ran to the 1 there was still over :50 left. Many on message boards and twitter were screaming for him to take a timeout so Brady and the Pats could have a little time to respond. But instead he let the clock keep running which I think caught Seattle off guard and with just one timeout of their own they were likely going to have to pass on either that 2nd down play or 3rd down. Since the Pats kept their goal line defense in Seattle outsmarted themselves by trying to pass on 2nd down rather than run and risk not scoring and then being forced to use their final timeout and also be almost forced to pass on 3rd down with the Pats expecting it.

If NE had called timeout right after the Lynch run to the 1 it would've ensured the Pats offense having some time if needed, but it also would've left the Seahawks with time to run on 3 consecutive plays if necessary. I think running on 2nd, even a read option was the best choice but I do see some validity in trying to pass while NE was in the goal line run stop defense and with Seattle only having 1 timeout left. As it turned out they played right into Belichick's hand.
OTOH, maybe he thought Lynch was a sure thing to score on the next play, and valued having two timeouts to mount a comeback instead of one. that would allow Brady to use the middle of the field (instead of the edges) while trying to get into FG position. or he figured, "fuck it, I'm gonna trust my defense to win this game."

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
OTOH, maybe he thought Lynch was a sure thing to score on the next play, and valued having two timeouts to mount a comeback instead of one. that would allow Brady to use the middle of the field (instead of the edges) while trying to get into FG position. or he figured, "fuck it, I'm gonna trust my defense to win this game."
He would've had 2 timeouts left, but less than :24. I guess :20-:24 with 2 timeouts could be the same as :40 with 1 timeout. Either way the Pats looked to be in major trouble but Seattle bailed them out.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Top Bottom