2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For the 3rd time in the last 6 years, the Longhorns get the top RB in the state - Donald Catalon.

I sure hope he actually plays like the top RB in the state because neither Malcolm Brown nor Jonathan Gray ever did anything special.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Trill Hill is transferring to TCU? Did not see that coming.

[MENTION=141]jsmith6919[/MENTION]?
Don't know where he'll end up but TCU, OU, and Tech have all been the rumor on the Ag board for couple weeks now. And he has asked for his release [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION]

D

Deuce

Don't know where he'll end up but TCU, OU, and Tech have all been the rumor on the Ag board for couple weeks now. And he has asked for his release @Deuce
I knew he asked for his release, but the TCU stuff is still just speculation.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I knew he asked for his release, but the TCU stuff is still just speculation.
Oh ok, thought you didn't know he had asked for his release already, and yea TCU isn't confirmed yet

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Looks like Oklahoma is bringing Lincoln Riley in as their new OC. He's currently East Carolinas OC. He spent several years at Texas Tech prior to that.

What's your take on him [MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]? I figure you two are familiar with him.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Looks like Oklahoma is bringing Lincoln Riley in as their new OC. He's currently East Carolinas OC. He spent several years at Texas Tech prior to that.

What's your take on him [MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]? I figure you two are familiar with him.
The kid is a stud. He's a young rising star. I really really regret that we couldn't keep him when Tuberfail came in.

He was a walk-on at Tech and worked his way up to GA and staff member. Really sharp kid. I'm a little jealous, honestly. Stoops neess to sell out to the offense if he wants it to work.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter 26s26 seconds ago
Per source, OU has not offered the OC job to anyone. Bob Stoops still talking to candidates, including Lincoln Riley.

:shrug

1bigfan13

Staff member
Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter 26s26 seconds ago
Per source, OU has not offered the OC job to anyone. Bob Stoops still talking to candidates, including Lincoln Riley.

:shrug
Yeah, they've kind of backtracked on the report that it was a done deal.

Earlier in the evening one of the local OKC news stations tweeted out that sources were reporting that it was a done deal. Now they're only saying that he's a candidate.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah, they've kind of backtracked on the report that it was a done deal.

Earlier in the evening one of the local OKC news stations tweeted out that sources were reporting that it was a done deal. Now they're only saying that he's a candidate.
They must be looking for a strong spread candidate. They interviewed Sonny Cumbie too.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The kid is a stud. He's a young rising star. I really really regret that we couldn't keep him when Tuberfail came in.

He was a walk-on at Tech and worked his way up to GA and staff member. Really sharp kid. I'm a little jealous, honestly. Stoops neess to sell out to the offense if he wants it to work.
I would completely agree with this assessment. I'm jealous as well. Really wanted to retain that kid.

D

Deuce

LSU attempting to steal Kirby Smart from Bama to be their DC. Would be a huge recruiting swing.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Kevin Hogan is being rumored to possibly transfer to Michigan.
I just saw a mock draft (Draft Tek) that had him going to Dallas in the 2nd round. Why put guys in your mock if they haven't declared?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just saw a mock draft (Draft Tek) that had him going to Dallas in the 2nd round. Why put guys in your mock if they haven't declared?
Lots of mocks have those...guess they assumed he was going.

As an aside...I love the player.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Apparently it's official now. Lincoln Riley will be the Sooners new OC.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Apparently it's official now. Lincoln Riley will be the Sooners new OC.
Nice. Depending on the freedom he gets I bet you will end up liking him. You can watch some ECU games to see the stuff that he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom