Plan For The DL

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Starting to get a little excited for the prospects if enough cap room is freed up but I cannot shake a feeling of dread.

What if the plan for the deal is this:

• Restructure Ware and kick the can down the road more after he wins the game of chicken
  • Sign Hatcher with the Ware dollars since we "like what we have"
  • Sign Spencer to a short term show me deal prior to camp
  • Depend on Crawford to start, Bass as depth
  • Relegate DL to the back burner in the draft and hope for a "do-over" of 2013?

This is something that Broaddus has been suggesting for a while now.

And it scares the shit out of me.

D

Deuce

Starting to get a little excited for the prospects if enough cap room is freed up but I cannot shake a feeling of dread.

What if the plan for the deal is this:

• Restructure Ware and kick the can down the road more after he wins the game of chicken
  • Sign Hatcher with the Ware dollars since we "like what we have"
  • Sign Spencer to a short term show me deal prior to camp
  • Depend on Crawford to start, Bass as depth
  • Relegate DL to the back burner in the draft and hope for a "do-over" of 2013?

This is something that Broaddus has been suggesting for a while now.

And it scares the shit out of me.
I think the first 4 are more than likely. Actually, I think that's the actual plan. The last one depends. I think we pull the trigger on Donald if he's there or Sutton/Easley in the 2nd. But really only those guys. Anyone who isn't "quick-twitch" enough won't even be considered.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think the first 4 are more than likely. Actually, I think that's the actual plan. The last one depends. I think we pull the trigger on Donald if he's there or Sutton/Easley in the 2nd. But really only those guys. Anyone who isn't "quick-twitch" enough won't even be considered.
If we sign Hatcher, that means the interior DL is "set". I can all but guarantee it. They would pass on Donald, thinking Hatcher is just perfect as the 3-tech going forward.

Honestly, I think I will apeshit if we cut Ware, then turn right around and give his money to Hatcher, smugly thinking we just need a DE now.

Interior pressure is needed on this defense...badly.

Hatcher did okay, but even then he needs a good one tech, which of course, Goof Son has already stated that we can get "one of those" later in the draft.

I just got a bad feeling about this. I really do.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
My biggest fear, when it comes to Hatcher is this:

Jerry will see another "breakout year" player, buy into that player's agents claims that they will walk if Jerry doesn't pay, Jerry caves in and gives him a 4-5 year contract.

If Hatcher receives anything more than 2 years, with his age and past years of doing jack-shit, I will go insane!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Jerry will see another "breakout year" player, buy into that player's agents claims that they will walk if Jerry doesn't pay, Jerry caves in and gives him a 4-5 year contract.

If Hatcher receives anything more than 2 years, with his age and past years of doing jack-shit, I will go insane!
I do not want Hatcher back at the money he wants. No way, no how.

He's been clamoring for his payday even while the season was in process.

Eff that guy.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
Agreed. He won't have another year like he did last year if he gets the money he wants. It'll be Miles Austin/Jay Ratliff all over again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

You know it's coming. It's what Jerry does. And, then we will have yet another contract that we have to restructure to get under the cap.

D

Deuce

We also forgot to mention the wildcard. John Brent will be on the opening day roster. Book it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We also forgot to mention the wildcard. John Brent will be on the opening day roster. Book it.
Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty safe bet. They have stayed in his corner the whole way. Keeping those bridges in tact.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Please explain.
In other words, if they are using Ware's cut/restructure money to go after young players, fine.

If they are using it as a means to keep crap like Hatcher, screw that.

I do not want the lazy shiftless front office to take the easy way out, even though I know they will.

I would have more respect if they outright cut Ware, said piss off Hatcher and decided it is time to rebuild their entire DL, but they are too chicken shit for that.

GShock

DCC 4Life
In other words, if they are using Ware's cut/restructure money to go after young players, fine.

If they are using it as a means to keep crap like Hatcher, screw that.

I do not want the lazy shiftless front office to take the easy way out, even though I know they will.

I would have more respect if they outright cut Ware, said piss off Hatcher and decided it is time to rebuild their entire DL, but they are too chicken shit for that.
Got it. Thanks.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Going with the status quo certainly is a possibility with these retards but it would be really hard for me to believe that Marinelli would be fine going into next season with basically no significant additions to the DL. I think it's just as possible that we sign Melton as it is that we re-sign Hatcher if we were to slash Ware's salary.

I also think it's 50/50 that Ware even takes a paycut in the first place.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Going with the status quo certainly is a possibility with these retards but it would be really hard for me to believe that Marinelli would be fine going into next season with basically no significant additions to the DL. I think it's just as possible that we sign Melton as it is that we re-sign Hatcher if we were to slash Ware's salary.

I also think it's 50/50 that Ware even takes a paycut in the first place.
I don't know. I think Marinelli is a bit of a retard too if he's begging a guy with an inconsistent career like Hatcher's to return. He should not even be on the fricking radar.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
I don't know. I think Marinelli is a bit of a retard too if he's begging a guy with an inconsistent career like Hatcher's to return. He should not even be on the fricking radar.
I think it may more be that it's obligation to PUBLICALLY support Hatcher, and say he wants the guy back.

I'd venture to guess that he'd rather have some of his own players come in and fill roles where this team is lacking, but he can't say that to the media because it would be a slap in the face to Cowboys' personnel.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Who gives a shit? You guys forget who is running things? He will fuck something up. Guaranteed. The fucking sun will rise in the west before he gets it right.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Who gives a shit? You guys forget who is running things? He will fuck something up. Guaranteed. The fucking sun will rise in the west before he gets it right.

How do you like them 3 super bowls?

Top Bottom