MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Top third-base prospect Miguel Sano will undergo Tommy John surgery to repair the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow, the Twins confirmed Saturday.

Sano felt something in his right elbow while making a throw in Thursday's intrasquad game, and an MRI exam on Friday revealed a high-grade partial tear of his UCL. After consulting with team doctors, it was determined that the infielder needed Tommy John surgery.

Sano, ranked as the No. 4 overall prospect by MLB.com, is likely to miss the rest of the season. The timetable for position players having Tommy John surgery is generally eight months rather than the typical 12-month recovery for pitchers.
--------------

&%#$!!
Damn. That's a shame. Shouldn't affect him too much in the long-term but missing a year will obviously delay his development. Looking forward to the days where he and Buxton are on the field in Minnesota.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kinsler on the Rangers:

"I hope they go 0-162," Kinsler told ESPN The Magazine's Robert Sanchez recently in a story published this week. "I got friends, and I love my friends, but I hope they lose their ass."

:lol
He also called Jon Daniels a sleazebag. Said he didn't like that he was forced into a leadership position when Young left.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He also called Jon Daniels a sleazebag. Said he didn't like that he was forced into a leadership position when Young left.
He is a career .200 hitter in Comerica Park. Enjoy that Ian.

Rev

Staff member
Yu is in midseason form already. 1 ip. 3 up 3 down. 9 pitches. CY Young already wrapped up.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Wasn't Zack Wheeler the most highly rated of the young Mets pitchers at one point? He might still end up being pretty good but after seeing Harvey last year and then seeing some of what Syndergaard can do...wow. I know that the word on Syndergaard has been "he's only a two-pitch pitcher so he may ultimately be destined for the bullpen" because his breaking pitches aren't up to snuff, but he sure looks the part of a rotational horse.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Wasn't Zack Wheeler the most highly rated of the young Mets pitchers at one point? He might still end up being pretty good but after seeing Harvey last year and then seeing some of what Syndergaard can do...wow. I know that the word on Syndergaard has been "he's only a two-pitch pitcher so he may ultimately be destined for the bullpen" because his breaking pitches aren't up to snuff, but he sure looks the part of a rotational horse.
Yeah, the Mets have the makings of a sick pitching staff. Harvey can be an ace, Syndergaard is right there as a top pitching prospect, and Wheeler certainly hasn't fallen off.... he's just been overshadowed by Harvey the 23 year old all star. And Syndergaard is like found money from the Dickey trade. But Wheeler would still be considered a #1 pitcher here if not for Harvey, so he'll be a top flight #2.

Not only that but a lot of people think Rafael Montero (20 years old) is on the fast track to the big leagues and is a future quality starter as well.

Plus they've got Gee and Niese around to round out the rotation, Parnell a mainstay in the bullpen, and guys like Jenrry Mejia and Vic Black as high potential future bullpen studs as well.

The Mets have the arms to be a dominant pitching team in about 2 years. Man, imagine them trotting out Harvey-Wheeler-Syndergaard-Montero-Niese with a bullpen of Gee, Parnell, Mejia, and Black as the closer? OMG. Every one of those starters is a plus for the spot in the rotation where they are slotted.

Now they need the bats. It's contingent on guys like Flores and Nimmo panning out and the Mets probably finding a legit elite FA bat somewhere to import.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
For fuck sakes...Schmitty is pretty much ruining the Mets for me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Imma be real for a minute, but I think Syndergaard is going to be better than Harvey.

D

Deuce

For fuck sakes...Schmitty is pretty much ruining the Mets for me.
If we had legit archives, I think we'd see a carbon copy of this post at some point during the last 3 spring trainings.

Rev

Staff member
Rangers win the Joe Saunders sweepstakes. Championship...?

Top Bottom