2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Been hearing it a whole lot of it for the last 8 years from one side, now it is coming from the other. Just the way it goes.
That's what is so hilarious about this, after the last 8 years they have the gall to call somebody out about whining.

Nobody notices that unlike McConell nobody is rallying the troops to make sure Trump is a 1 term president.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So protests are OK but only if they fit your personal opinion of what is appropriate? Sorry, doesn't work that way. It was peaceful, no one was hurt. Maybe some feelings but that's it. It was boos and some heckling.
Absolutely not. And I said as much in my post. It wouldn't matter had it been the other way around and someone did this to Obama, it wasn't appropriate.

In response to Towns, I didn't say it was in response to a comment by others, I said there are times he shouldn't have said anything at all. Or, I could add, his actions showed disdain. for instance.

1. Equating The Murders of The Dallas Police Officers With The Killings of Alton Sterling And Philando Castile.
2. Suggesting That Today’s Police Departments Are Still Rife With The Legacies of Slavery And Jim Crow.
3. Defending The Black Lives Matter Agenda.

This happened at the funeral for the Dallas officers.

That's what is so hilarious about this, after the last 8 years they have the gall to call somebody out about whining.

Nobody notices that unlike McConell nobody is rallying the troops to make sure Trump is a 1 term president.
Oh noes, Many on the left are saying he should just step aside and give up the presidency to someone else. People on the left are still calling him names and throwing accusations. But let's not equate the 2. It has and always will happen regardless who gets elected. But once he is in you can bet they will be saying the goal is to make him a 1 term president. And in 4 years We may all be right there beside them depending on how he handles the job.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
(CNN)President-elect Donald Trump's administration will not pursue further investigations of Hillary Clinton related to her private email server or the Clinton Foundation, Trump's former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday, a significant break from a major campaign promise.

:lol SHOCKER to Joe Fuckface Sixpack, I know.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
(CNN)President-elect Donald Trump's administration will not pursue further investigations of Hillary Clinton related to her private email server or the Clinton Foundation, Trump's former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday, a significant break from a major campaign promise.

:lol SHOCKER to Joe Fuckface Sixpack, I know.
He doesn't have to pursue it. The FBI has full authority to resume an investigation if they choose to notwithstanding what Trump or any other President would do. I think the FBI will concentrate on the foundations issues at this time. They are already processing a portion of it now. Comey will stand down on any directives he may have given previously rather than risking his own butt. The email stuff might be viewed by the next congress but it's hard to say at this point.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Absolutely not. And I said as much in my post. It wouldn't matter had it been the other way around and someone did this to Obama, it wasn't appropriate.

In response to Towns, I didn't say it was in response to a comment by others, I said there are times he shouldn't have said anything at all. Or, I could add, his actions showed disdain. for instance.

1. Equating The Murders of The Dallas Police Officers With The Killings of Alton Sterling And Philando Castile.
2. Suggesting That Today’s Police Departments Are Still Rife With The Legacies of Slavery And Jim Crow.

This happened at the funeral for the Dallas officers.

Oh noes, Many on the left are saying he should just step aside and give up the presidency to someone else. People on the left are still calling him names and throwing accusations. But let's not equate the 2. It has and always will happen regardless who gets elected. But once he is in you can bet they will be saying the goal is to make him a 1 term president. And in 4 years We may all be right there beside them depending on how he handles the job.
This is the bullshit I am talking about.

How does many on the left equate to the senate minority leader?

Both Warren and Bernie have said they are willing to work with Trump talk about the facts of what actuallt happened instead of saying what you bet will happen.

And really what changes when he is actually president than now?

This is especially comical coming from you who has been whining the most about Obama and continue to do so.

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/alt-right-salutes-donald-trump.html?smtyp=cur

WASHINGTON — By the time Richard B. Spencer, the leading ideologue of the alt-right movement and the final speaker of the night, rose to address a gathering of his followers on Saturday, the crowd was restless.

In 11 hours of speeches and panel discussions in a federal building named after Ronald Reagan a few blocks from the White House, a succession of speakers had laid out a harsh vision for the future, but had denounced violence and said that Hispanic citizens and black Americans had nothing to fear. Earlier in the day, Mr. Spencer himself had urged the group to start acting less like an underground organization and more like the establishment.

But now his tone changed as he began to tell the audience of more than 200 people, mostly young men, what they had been waiting to hear. He railed against Jews and, with a smile, quoted Nazi propaganda in the original German. America, he said, belonged to white people, whom he called the “children of the sun,” a race of conquerors and creators who had been marginalized but now, in the era of President-elect Donald J. Trump, were “awakening to their own identity.”

As he finished, several audience members had their arms outstretched in a Nazi salute. When Mr. Spencer, or perhaps another person standing near him at the front of the room — it was not clear who — shouted, “Heil the people! Heil victory,” the room shouted it back.
Imagine if this was the Black Panthers and they were praising Obama as winning for them.

We already see the freak out about BLM.

2233boys

Not So New Member
That was actually me.

Your'e reaching because you don't agree with his position on those issues. Those examples don't explain how he didn't take the high road?
Let me get this straight.
1) Suggesting that a president shouldn't speak on topics of both Police being killed unjustly or citizens being killed unjustly is ridiculous. Specifically since both police shootings are under investigation by the DOJ and the officer in one of the cases has been charged.
2) He suggested bias still remains in every institution, including police departments? You disagree?
3) This is just stupid

Coincidental that they all happen to be issues of race & you got your list from an article in the Conservative Daily Wire lambasting the President.

Jiggyfly

Banned
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/donald-trump-business-conflict-questions-231719

Trump plagued by business conflict questions

The president-elect hasn't made clear how he will avoid conflicts between his vast empire and his official duties.
By KENNETH P. VOGEL 11/21/16 04:43 PM EST Updated 11/21/16 05:41 PM EST

It remains unclear when the leadership transition at the Trump Organization will occur between Donald Trump and his adult children, or how the children will wall off their father from the business. | Getty

Donald Trump is struggling to tamp down mounting questions about potential conflicts of interest between his vast business fortune and his incoming presidential administration, as the president-elect refuses to specify any dramatic steps to wall off his real estate and branding empire.

The concerns were exacerbated in recent days by media reports revealing that after his stunning win in this month’s presidential election, Trump continued to meet with foreign business partners, while his new Washington hotel was soliciting business from foreign diplomats.

The reports represent an early test to a key piece of Trump’s campaign agenda — his promises to “drain the swamp” of Washington and usher in a government that works for regular people.

The president-elect’s team has insisted that steps were being taken to adhere to ethics rules — and to avoid even the perception that he was cashing in on the highest office in the land.

Asked Monday on Fox News about whether the president-elect’s team would “have to work out where the business starts and the presidency starts,” Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said there are “experts behind the scenes doing that. The adult children, who already help him run his business and obviously will be the stewards of that business in their father's absence, are on top of that.”

But it remains unclear when the leadership transition at the Trump Organization will occur between Trump and his adult children, or how the children will wall off their father from the business, given that they and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner also are expected to be close advisers to Trump in the White House

For foreign diplomats, Trump hotel is place to be

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/2016/11/18/9da9c572-ad18-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why Trump Trained His Eye On A New Building Project In Buenos Aires

Koichi Nakamura
ByALLEGRA KIRKLANDPublishedNOVEMBER 21, 2016, 5:21 PM EDT

Donald Trump has long dreamed of expanding his real estate empire in South America, but the business climate in one of the continent's wealthiest countries only became favorable for the mogul-turned-President-elect in the past year.

Just a few months after the November 2015 election of Argentina’s president Mauricio Macri, the Trump family entered discussions with YY Development Group, an Argentine developer, to license its name for “Trump Office Buenos Aires,” a luxury office building in the heart of the nation’s capital. Macri, a neoliberal former civil engineer and mayor of Buenos Aires, came to office with the promise of revitalizing Argentina’s foundering economy, and he immediately moved to roll back the strict import and currency controls enforced by his predecessor, Cristina Kirchner.

As TPM reported, the President-elect allegedly asked for help with the Trump Office project when Macri called to offer his congratulations after the election. Jorge Lanata, one of Argentina’s most prominent journalists, said that Trump asked Macri to ensure that the city government of Buenos Aires approves plans for the $150 million office tower so that construction can get underway.

Both a spokesman for Macri’s office and Trump transition spokesman Jason Miller said Monday that reports the two discussed the project during their call were untrue.

The alleged use of his platform as President-elect to push a foreign government to move forward with a private building project that would bear his name is just one thread in a web of potential conflicts of interest Trump's portfolio presents. Already, the Trump family has raised questions by hosting foreign executives at Trump Tower to discuss ongoing construction projects abroad while the President-elect goes about choosing cabinet appointees and ironing out policy proposals.

Juan José Cugliandolo, CEO of YY Development Group, unwittingly laid bare the difficulty of separating Trump the politician from Trump the developer in a recent interview with El País, one of Argentina’s largest dailies.

“The Trump brand should be associated with a free market, beyond the political symbol,” Cugliandolo said in Spanish.

In a separate interview with Uruguayan newspaper El Observador, Cuagliandolo insisted that there was a firm separation between Trump’s business and political interests. But he acknowledged that the campaign had made the Trump brand even more high-profile than it was before he launched a presidential bid.

“Everyone is talking about it,” he said in Spanish.

Cuagliandolo’s YY Development Group has played a key, proud role in helping the Trump Organization gain a foothold in South America. The company’s website devotes an entire subsection to Trump Tower Punta del Este, Trump’s first venture on the continent.

Eric and Ivanka Trump were the force behind the 129-apartment luxury condo building in the upscale seaside town in Uruguay. Forbes reported that discussions for the project began in November 2012, and that it will be completed in 2018.

This existing relationship made YY Development Group a natural choice for the Trumps to work with when Macri’s election lifted currency controls and rendered Argentina’s business climate newly favorable to development.

YY executives told La Nación, an Argentine newspaper, that Trump had long hoped to expand his business empire there but the previous currency controls and Kirchner’s stringent restrictions on imported building materials like fittings, electrical elements and paint pigments kept him from making any moves.

“To be Trump, it has to be the very best,” YY Director Felipe Yaryura told the newspaper.

Cuagliandolo told El País that he first met with Trump executives in February to discuss the project and “satisfy the unmet demand” for the Trump brand in Buenos Aires. YY hopes that city officials approve final plans by the end of this year, and that the luxury office tower will be completed by 2020.

According to Argentine reporter Romina Manguel, who appeared Sunday night on Lanata's TV program "Periodismo Para Todos," Trump’s phone call with Macri allegedly touched on building permits overseen by the city government. She explained that while YY maintains that the permits are in order, some members of the city government want to ensure that they are up to date before granting approval for the project.

The President-elect has maintained that he will have no hand in the Trump Organization’s business dealings going forward, instead entrusting them to his three adult children. Yet Ivanka, Eric and Donald Jr. are serving on his transition team while carrying out the company’s day-to-day operations. Ivanka Trump sat in on her father’s meeting last week with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, and Trump took a break from staffing his new administration last week to meet with Indian business partners working on a Trump-branded apartment building in Mumbai.

YY’s Yaryura even traveled to Manhattan for Trump’s election night party, where he snapped a photo with Eric Trump. He said that Trump’s election, coming so soon after Macri’s, boded well for Argentina’s business climate.

“The planets aligned,” he told La Nación.

Jiggyfly

Banned

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

townsend

Banned
So if Hillary really gets 2 million more votes, it means the national polls were spot on.

It's just a really weird deviation of swing states from national polling.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Hilary up by 1.7 million votes so far.

Something needs changed.
It's our system, I am never going to complain about losing the electoral college. What we need to do is increase participation.

National Holiday for election day, Early Voting, more polling places, every citizen is automatically registered when they turn 18, and ranked ballots effectively ending two party duopoly (so we don't only have our only viable options being a shit sandwich and Giant Douche like this year)

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
This is the bullshit I am talking about.

How does many on the left equate to the senate minority leader?

Both Warren and Bernie have said they are willing to work with Trump talk about the facts of what actuallt happened instead of saying what you bet will happen.
And really what changes when he is actually president than now?
This is especially comical coming from you who has been whining the most about Obama and continue to do so.
Of course they said that now, as if they have a choice. But she sure as heck was about as insulting him and talking trash beforehand. And yes, I know he called her Pocahontas.
But as usual, you step around the other point. Trump has been called names and insulted (racist, bigot, Nazi, Hitler) just like the former president. Yes, you have idiots that made it about race, but others (like me) just didn't like his politics. It is what current politics has devolved into. Your side has no merit therefore should be completely shut out and denigrated (regardless which side you're on). None of them act as if they want what's best for the betterment of the nation. Just their individual party's platform. All of them suck.
And I have disagreed with you in the past regarding Obama and his policies because I believed he was a pompous ass but mostly because his policies hurt the country (ie. Obamacare, foreign policy, divisiveness, energy). Trump is a pompous ass too but I think there are things he wants to do that will be better for the country as a whole than anything Hillary would have done.

As a caveat, I look forward to vigorous discussion with you the next four to eight years as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom