Now That The Cowboys Are Out Of It....

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If you get an empty stadium, how will you have massive booing?
Maybe they can pipe in the crowd noise from Lincoln Financial.

Cotton

Staff member
Man, it's just so hard to give a shit right now. I keep seeing fans talking about who they want in the draft, and I just can't seem to give a damn. Will it really even matter? I mean, Garrett and Co. are still going to be coaching the team, so I'm in deep WGAS mode right now and it sucks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
NoDak said:
If you get an empty stadium, how will you have massive booing?
Empty relatively speaking...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Man, it's just so hard to give a shit right now. I keep seeing fans talking about who they want in the draft, and I just can't seem to give a damn. Will it really even matter? I mean, Garrett and Co. are still going to be coaching the team, so I'm in deep WGAS mode right now and it sucks.
What will a good draft do if Jones and Garrett are still around to tun things.?

Cotton

Staff member
That's a very valid point, and one that reflects how I feel right now.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That's all fine but with the mindset that as long as Jones is in control things aren't going to get any better, what's the point of wishing for losses to get a better draft position or trying to upgrade positions or coaching staff, etc. It's a contradiction to want to try to get better situated if you think Jones will just screw it up or the staff is inadequate to apply upgrades to the team?
the alternative is apathy, and believe me, Im really close to that point.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That's a very valid point, and one that reflects how I feel right now.
I'm there too, I haven't been this apathetic since Campo

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It all goes back to the Lightning in a bottle. Every 4 or 5 years we have that one year that things click and it still takes good drafts to get that. Thats all we have to hope for.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm there too, I haven't been this apathetic since Campo
Told my dad this same thing after the game on Thanksgiving. This has an eerily similar feeling to the Campo days. If we had a decent coach it wouldn't feel so bad, but knowing now that Garrett can't even pull off 1 fucking win in 7 god damn tries missing only his QB is telling and depressing all at the same time.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Argue with Smitty. It will liven you up.
If he even once had something new to offer in his doglike devotion to Garrett it might, but it's always the same old song and dance.

Cotton

Staff member
If he even once had something new to offer in his doglike devotion to Garrett it might, but it's always the same old song and dance.
It's completely nonsensical, too. You can't argue against 7 straight losses. That lays right at the feet of the coaches, and he is the HC, so it's mostly on him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Told my dad this same thing after the game on Thanksgiving. This has an eerily similar feeling to the Campo days. If we had a decent coach it wouldn't feel so bad, but knowing now that Garrett can't even pull off 1 fucking win in 7 god damn tries missing only his QB is telling and depressing all at the same time.
I was at the inlaws for Thanksgiving and left for home at halftime. That's the first time in many years I didn't care about seeing the rest of the game.

Cotton

Staff member
I have never once in the 10+ years on this board had a signature. I will keep this one until the day that motherfucker is no longer coaching my team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have never once in the 10+ years on this board had a signature. I will keep this one until the day that motherfucker is no longer coaching my team.
What are you babbling about? Get a QB in the draft and we are set up pretty decently.

Cotton

Staff member
I was at the inlaws for Thanksgiving and left for home at halftime. That's the first time in many years I didn't care about seeing the rest of the game.
I haven't rooted for a loss except for one year (Wade's last year) but I think I just might for the rest of this season. Not necessarily for the draft pick as much as just to see Jerry and his band of retards embarrassed as much as possible.

Top Bottom