College Basketball Chatter

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You're ignoring what's been said about the guy's history and the circumstances around the incident, and intentionally reducing it down to 'piece of crap ain't so bad' in order to claim that what we are saying about the guy being a turd who might not oughta be the school's official unofficial #1 fan is so ridiculous as to be unworthy of discussion.

But, whatever. Raider power.
You are ignoring that the article posted about him being a #1 fan was from 4 years ago.

Cotton

Staff member
And, outside of him flipping a bird to a player and calling someone a piece of crap (which only came to light because the player fell near his seat) what separates him from any other fan?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
You are ignoring that the article posted about him being a #1 fan was from 4 years ago.
Yes, I am sure the obnoxiousness started only recently. :lol

And he also gets his apology published by the school. And he's also a major donor who heckles kids so close to him that one finally reacted. Other than that, I guess he's not so different from any other fan.

I'm not exactly sure why you feel you must defend this person.

Cotton

Staff member
Yes, I am sure the obnoxiousness started only recently. :lol

And he also gets his apology published by the school. And he's also a major donor who heckles kids so close to him that one finally reacted. Other than that, I guess he's not so different from any other fan.

I'm not exactly sure why you feel you must defend this person.
I'm not defending him. I'm defending what a normal fan might do in a similar situation.

Just because he is a regular attendee makes him extra bad?

Cotton

Staff member
PIECE OF CRAP!

:permaban

Carp

DCC 4Life
John Lucas III said the guy said crazy stuff before and Desmond Mason said the n word was pretty regular in visits to Lubbock. It is not just this guy...fans in general say and do stupid things to players far too much. That lady flipping off Noah...damn, great restraint there. The guy liked it too...big grin on his face.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I'm not defending him. I'm defending what a normal fan might do in a similar situation.

Just because he is a regular attendee makes him extra bad?
If you are a 60 year old donor who has been recognized by the school in the past as a staple at the team's games and not a 20-year-old junior who is there to be a crazy college kid, then yes, extra bad and pretty pathetic to gesture and yell at the players.

Cotton

Staff member
John Lucas III said the guy said crazy stuff before and Desmond Mason said the n word was pretty regular in visits to Lubbock. It is not just this guy...fans in general say and do stupid things to players far too much. That lady flipping off Noah...damn, great restraint there. The guy liked it too...big grin on his face.
That was TTU?

Cotton

Staff member
If you are a 60 year old donor who has been recognized by the school in the past as a staple at the team's games and not a 20-year-old junior who is there to be a crazy college kid, then yes, extra bad and pretty pathetic to gesture and yell at the players.
I disagree. I don't care how old you are the same fan. I'm only 40. Does that put me in that category?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I disagree. I don't care how old you are the same fan. I'm only 40. Does that put me in that category?
The guy apologized and said he was wrong, so at this point you are defending a guy who admitted fault.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Yes. It does. You are an adult male with a family and you are connected to the university. You going to games and yelling insults at young amateur athletes would be extra bad and extremely pathetic, and if you brought attention to yourself when you got what you wanted and one reacted, you probably aren't the best person to be at every game.

D

Deuce

He's only defending the guy cause he's associated with his school and employer. This reflects poorly on TT and essentially on him so he's trying all he can.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He's only defending the guy cause he's associated with his school and employer. This reflects poorly on TT and essentially on him so he's trying all he can.
That's exactly the reason...he would not as adamant about this if it was another school.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think it reflects badly on other fans at TTU. Unless you can show me that it never happens at any other school. There are idiots everywhere and not going to stereotype any other fan because of one nut job.

Rev

Staff member
Well maybe if it happened at the university of Texas. :)

D

Deuce

I don't think it reflects badly on other fans at TTU. Unless you can show me that it never happens at any other school. There are idiots everywhere and not going to stereotype any other fan because of one nut job.
It absolutely happens everywhere. But all other schools aren't in the spotlight this morning.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not sure why TTU felt compelled to put his official statement on their website...that seems odd.

Rev

Staff member
It absolutely happens everywhere. But all other schools aren't in the spotlight this morning.
Only reason its in the spotlight is because he had court side seats. Go up in the stands and its a story everywhere. I'm not saying its not a blemish on Tech because it is. They chose to promote that individual. Just saying the fans shouldn't be lumped into it.

Top Bottom