Gameday Chatter Thread - Week 3 | Cowboys at Rams| 09/21/14

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I won't complain about that win.

Did the Rams give that away? Yes, just like we've given away double digit leads for inexplicable losses far too often too.

So I'll just be happy we were the team on the other end of a debacle for once.

So while the Rams gave us a hand, we still had to score on the other end to capitalize, and we did just that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not about the game that just ended, just observing that we'll have to do better to beat teams that aren't so bad.
Well yeah. You can't keep having a first quarter fumble from Murray costing us points and a pick 6 by Romo. Those are things that cost you games against top shelf team. Hell any time you go down by 21 the game is basically over against a top shelf team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I won't complain about that win.

Did the Rams give that away? Yes, just like we've given away double digit leads for inexplicable losses far too often too.

So I'll just be happy we were the team on the other end of a debacle for once.

So while the Rams gave us a hand, we still had to score on the other end to capitalize, and we did just that.
The Rams didn't give it away any more then the Cowboys attempted to give it away to the Rams. I think we were clearly the better team but we made some boneheaded mistakes early that made it look like more of a challenge then it should have.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The Rams stink but they had a big lead and all the momentum in the world in the first half so it was a good comeback, even against a bad team. Shoot, it's a win and I'll take it considering we're 25% of the way to my best case scenario for wins this season. Who knows, we may even improve. Not that I'll hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You play them one at a time. If you win that's great. If you win and still aren't satisfied, then nothing will ever be good enough. Enjoy the victory.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We did not make them pay in a loss. Meanwhile, we had an alltimer of a comeback, we still emphasized the run...which has been a criticism.
Seeing them stick with the run wad a huge surprise. Even though we weren't gashing them we kept them honest.

Maybe they really have turned the corner and are truly committed to running the ball.

D

Deuce

After all the slobbering over Seattle in week 1, a 1-2 start with an end to their home winning streak would be sweet.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well yeah. You can't keep having a first quarter fumble from Murray costing us points and a pick 6 by Romo. Those are things that cost you games against top shelf team. Hell any time you go down by 21 the game is basically over against a top shelf team.
Feel like there were more opportunities to burn them through the air because they basically had 8 in the box all day.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
ESPN - Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall told reporters that he tore his Achilles, will undergo MRI on Monday

Couldn't happen to a better fuckstick.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
After all the slobbering over Seattle in week 1, a 1-2 start with an end to their home winning streak would be sweet.
I would agree but I'd rather Seattle outpace the 49ers in the NFC West.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Lol 1big said run wad

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Rams didn't give it away any more then the Cowboys attempted to give it away to the Rams. I think we were clearly the better team but we made some boneheaded mistakes early that made it look like more of a challenge then it should have.
Maybe, but that's the kind of team we have.

This team isn't good so I don't expect them to impress much this season.

Top Bottom