Week 15 Chatter Thread | Dallas Cowboys v. Buffalo Bills | 12/26/2015

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can't make myself pull for a loss for Dallas. It just doesn't feel right for me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I can't make myself pull for a loss for Dallas. It just doesn't feel right for me.
Embrace the dark side. Let the hate flow through you.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I'm still undecided who I prefer between Goff and Paxton Lynch. Both have nice ceilings but seem to be big bust potential. They need to learn behind Tony for a few years before being thrown in but both have a lot of traits to like in a QB.

If it's not QB - I agree I think a trade down is necessary

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
i want to hate Myles Jack too because hes a tweener between RB/LB, but he seems to be consistently making plays and is a high motor/all-in effort type of guy. Those are the types Dallas is desperate for

dallen

Senior Tech
At least my fantasy team is doing alright

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
This, to me, is the only scenario we should be entertaining on draft day.
Agreed, any QB drafted will have the opportunity to sit behind Romo, who's by all accounts a team player. The pressure would be off, likely have two years to learn the system, and eventually transition into the starting role. Just like last year, we really need a RB to protect both our QB and our D - a role Murray excelled in but one I dont think Mcfadden is all that great for. Any QB we have starting for us needs a strong run game since our O is so simple.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
not even the last game of 1988 when Troy Aikman was on the line?
Not even then. For me the game is about winning or go down trying. As some might have said. That's the way I was raised. :art

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
not even the last game of 1988 when Troy Aikman was on the line?
Seeing Michael Irvin destroy Washington on the road was amazing. In the moment, watching that game there was no way I could cheer against.

Of course had we lost I'd feel secure in the knowledge that the opportunity for Aikman was almost assured, but during the game each time Irvin celebrated I was right there with him.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Seeing Michael Irvin destroy Washington on the road was amazing. In the moment, watching that game there was no way I could cheer against.

Of course had we lost I'd feel secure in the knowledge that the opportunity for Aikman was almost assured, but during the game each time Irvin celebrated I was right there with him.
the final game was against Philly, not Washington. but yes, those three TDs were sweet.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
the final game was against Philly, not Washington. but yes, those three TDs were sweet.
Yeah, I remember it wasn't the final game, but I do recall Tom Landry facetiously saying afterwards that some might criticize the Cowboys for winning when Green Bay (who was neck and neck for the first pick) also won.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Quit living in the past.

We got this now.

:roboclap

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Not even then. For me the game is about winning or go down trying. As some might have said. That's the way I was raised. :art
Some see the big picture. The only other time I recall somewhat hoping we'd lose was the final game of the '88 season. Getting Aikman over Mandarich was a much bigger issue over winning a meaningless final game to finish 4-12 instead of 3-13. The entire '90's dynasty could've never happened if we won that one game.

This year it doesn't seem as critical since there doesn't appear to be an Aikman in this draft. But still, it could be critical between drafting 4th in every round as opposed to 8th.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
But still, it could be critical between drafting 4th in every round as opposed to 8th.
This is exactly the situation. 4th or 8th. In either case Bosa will be gone. Difference between Lynch/Goff or maybe Laquon Treadwell.

Big picture or no, I can't root for Dallas to lose to Washington.

The 4th pick is a nice consolation if they do lose, but the looks around here on all the idiot Washington fans faces would piss me the Hell off.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Some see the big picture. The only other time I recall somewhat hoping we'd lose was the final game of the '88 season. Getting Aikman over Mandarich was a much bigger issue over winning a meaningless final game to finish 4-12 instead of 3-13. The entire '90's dynasty could've never happened if we won that one game.

This year it doesn't seem as critical since there doesn't appear to be an Aikman in this draft. But still, it could be critical between drafting 4th in every round as opposed to 8th.
Any good vibes from defeating a Colt McCoy(?) led team would last maybe 48 hours, but the damage could last for years.

Top Bottom