Week 8 Gameday Chatter | Eagles vs. Cowboys | 10/30/2016

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Teams like Seattle and Minnesota are dangerous at home because of their defenses and their home crowd but on the road their offenses are just too bad to win consistently.

The team I'd fear most in the playoffs at this point would be Green Bay or Atlanta, just because of how good their passing games are. We'd likely be able to run on either though, especially Atlanta.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tonight just further confirms that we are the best team in the NFC.

We really need to take advantage of there not being any elite teams in the NFC and get to the damn SB already.

dallen

Senior Tech

:towel:towel:mj:parrot:happyhappy:headbang:cabbagepatch:rock:towel:towel
I like the little eye twitch when his decision algorithms finished processing and he reached a result.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Seahawks still look formidable too.
I respect their experience and pedigree, but they don't look formidable at all.

The defense is great, but the offense is really bad and their poor offensive line play isn't going to do anything to help change that.

Like Minnesota, their offense is going to be a hindrance to them and they're going to struggle to score points away from home.

They've played 7 games and have only won 4 of them. At the moment, they do not scare me at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I respect their experience and pedigree, but they don't look formidable at all.

The defense is great, but the offense is really bad and their poor offensive line play isn't going to do anything to help change that.

Like Minnesota, their offense is going to be a hindrance to them and they're going to struggle to score points away from home.

They've played 7 games and have only won 4 of them. At the moment, they do not scare me at all.
To me if you want to survive on a great defense you at least have to have a strong run game to compliment it on the other side. Certainly there are exceptions like Denver last year but for the most part you have to still be good at something on offense. Seattle's run game on offense is terrible. They rank 28th in the NFL in rushing yards per game. And yes that defense is still great (Second in the NFL in scoring) but it has proven to not be enough this season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Cotton

Staff member

:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member
Iambipodg.

I'm bored as hell at work right now, and really don't feel like doing anything. So, please pardon my meme outburst.

Cotton

Staff member
Martin can knock people down without even touching them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Martin can knock people down without even touching them.

Looks like he used the Force.

Top Bottom