2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree that they suck now but I wouldn't kid yourself about the national prestige.
Maybe, of course I'm sure living in Texas, it still feels like there is a great amount of prestige. I'm just not sure that outside of Texas it's the same way. Of course maybe that doesn't matter, after all if you recruit the state of Texas correctly you can be an elite program with those players alone.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Maybe, of course I'm sure living in Texas, it still feels like there is a great amount of prestige. I'm just not sure that outside of Texas it's the same way. Of course maybe that doesn't matter, after all if you recruit the state of Texas correctly you can be an elite program with those players alone.
A quick Google search will show how they are viewed nationally. They are getting a few points deducted for recent results but are often still the wealthiest program in the country from year to year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Out of curiosity, I wonder how much of that is connected to the Long Horn Network though?

I don't know if I really correlate revenues in college football with prestige but I guess to an extent it could be a strong indicator.
They've been up there for years as far as revenue goes. The LHN has been a busy but those evil bastards figured out a way to screw ESPN out of money.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

I don't have the twitters but if you can find the tweet from WSUs receiver talking about the ucla players it is hilarious.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

"Can I like say that?"

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I remember correctly, they had one of the top recruiting classes last year. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that.
Last two seasons, actually.

We've got some talent out there now, but the defense needs help.

We're already putting up yards and points on offense with the current staff, so I can only imagine what Herman will do.

But like I said, it's the defense that needs to improve if Texas is to return to being a top program again.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

That's great.

D

Deuce

UCF's one handed Lb has a PBU, an INt and 2 sacks so far today. This kid is amazing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It would be typical of Strong to win a game like this when he's considered a dead man walking.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Like clockwork.

I'm happy, but I'm not excited because these wins are always followed by more losses to average teams.

Let's see how they do from here on out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Like clockwork.

I'm happy, but I'm not excited because these wins are always followed by more losses to average teams.

Let's see how they do from here on out.
That really fucks up the chance there is a Big-12 team in the playoffs.

And that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom