A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

townsend

Banned
I have no idea what the law is where this happened in the UK. But I also think a shopping center has the right to allow or refuse use of their restroom to customers. Since this was a security guard working for the shopping center where she was wanting to use the restroom, I have no problem with them determining who can use which restroom. As a person who supports businesses ability to decide I don't think the security officer did anything wrong. I also think the preop transgender is just seeking attention because the officer didn't really do anything that outlandish and the transgender person is making a massive deal out of it.
I would question whether or not it's appropriate to allow discrimination in that way, I know it's Scotland and they've never had to deal with Jim Crowe. But we've at least somewhat determined that giving private businesses free license to discriminate against minority groups is not in the best interests of society.

Also he wasn't enforcing the will of his employer when he did this
She said she fled in tears, but the guard then followed her through the St James Centre in Edinburgh and made other comments about her.
That was an unnecessary, malicious thing to do. Even if he were in the right before hand, that is way way over the line.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Groups like these and other liberal causes support a lack of standards. If there are no standards or rules then what is seen as right and wrong is fluid. Hence the ridiculous terms like "gender fluidity". Marriage is between a man and a woman, period. Now like in this article we have a man that wants to be a woman and a woman who wants to be a man engaged? Geez. If you were born a male with male parts you are a man and you should use the men's room until you have an operation and get your "parts" changed. How f'n difficult is that?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would question whether or not it's appropriate to allow discrimination in that way
I don't think that's discrimination. They are treating everyone exactly the same. If you have male genitalia you use one restroom and if you have female genitalia you use the other. It's actually treating everyone exactly the same.

townsend

Banned
I don't think that's discrimination. They are treating everyone exactly the same. If you have male genitalia you use one restroom and if you have female genitalia you use the other. It's actually treating everyone exactly the same.
Only if you think they'll harass everyone, not just the people who present as trans. What's your policy about letting businesses inquire about your genitals, doesn't that strike you as an egregious violation of privacy for some damn rent-a-cop to be allowed to instigate?

Besides, even if they had had an operation, I don't see why that's the dividing line. If you lose your dick to dick cancer, I don't expect you to use a different restroom.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only if you think they'll harass everyone, not just the people who present as trans. What's your policy about letting businesses inquire about your genitals, doesn't that strike you as an egregious violation of privacy for some damn rent-a-cop to be allowed to instigate?

Besides, even if they had had an operation, I don't see why that's the dividing line. If you lose your dick to dick cancer, I don't expect you to use a different restroom.
If you don't like the violation of privacy then don't go to the shopping center. And really they wouldn't have to harass everyone. Only people who attempt to enter a restroom for the wrong physical gender. Which I would expect to happen if I attempted to go in the woman's restroom somewhere.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think the presence of a dick as a decider is silly, if someone spilled acid in your lap, and melted your dick and balls off, you wouldn't be forced to go to the ladies room from then on. Genitals don't determine sex.
You're right, your DNA and chromosomes do.

2233boys

Not So New Member
What description?
Look I am not going to argue with you, but people in this thread said A mean dressing up like a women. No transition, not living as a women, just dressing up like one. That isn't someone that I would describe as Transgender. Unless I misinterpreted what they meant, that has been discussed
The overlying disagreement has been should a person go to the bathroom of the sex they were born, there has been very little in the way of descriptors.
The outlier has been people dressing as the other sex to get over, they would not be considered Transvestite.
Then maybe I misunderstood
But I am interested in what you describe the difference as being?
This is very condescending, just so you know.

Transgender is someone who identify as a gender their physical gender doesn't fit. That person will have the desire to live as a member of the gender they feel they identify with. Some will go as far as having surgery to make their bodies fit the anatomic structure gender, others will simply live as a member of that sex in every way. Always representing themselves of the gender the identify with.

Transvestite is someone who identify with their biological gender, but chooses to dress occasionally or regularly in clothing that is socially considered styles for the opposite gender.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Look I am not going to argue with you, but people in this thread said A mean dressing up like a women. No transition, not living as a women, just dressing up like one. That isn't someone that I would describe as Transgender. Unless I misinterpreted what they meant, that has been discussed
The overlying disagreement has been should a person go to the bathroom of the sex they were born, there has been very little in the way of descriptors.
Then maybe I misunderstood

This is very condescending, just so you know.

Transgender is someone who identify as a gender their physical gender doesn't fit. That person will have the desire to live as a member of the gender they feel they identify with. Some will go as far as having surgery to make their bodies fit the anatomic structure gender, others will simply live as a member of that sex in every way. Always representing themselves of the gender the identify with.

Transvestite is someone who identify with their biological gender, but chooses to dress occasionally or regularly in clothing that is socially considered styles for the opposite gender.
I was really not trying to be condescending I really wanted your take.

I agree mostly with your definition but a Transvestite would most likely not be trying to use a female restroom which is why I asked.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I was really not trying to be condescending I really wanted your take.

I agree mostly with your definition but a Transvestite would most likely not be trying to use a female restroom which is why I asked.
I agree, I don' think they would either. I just got the impression that some here were discussing it in terms of transvestites.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Let's agree that I think we all understand the difference between transgender and transvestite. That is not the issue. Both of them are abnormalities. All the fuss over this stuff is trying to cater to the emotional desires of a few people that are different because some people don't want to seem insensitive to others. They think that somehow the disdain which with they have been treated means the pendulum should swing way to the opposite side and that the majority of folk that are right in the head about this should be meant to suffer the awkwardness of circumstance so these people can feel accepted. I'm sorry, but that just isn't the case.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Let's agree that I think we all understand the difference between transgender and transvestite. That is not the issue. Both of them are abnormalities. All the fuss over this stuff is trying to cater to the emotional desires of a few people that are different because some people don't want to seem insensitive to others. They think that somehow the disdain which with they have been treated means the pendulum should swing way to the opposite side and that the majority of folk that are right in the head about this should be meant to suffer the awkwardness of circumstance so these people can feel accepted. I'm sorry, but that just isn't the case.
And does any of this affect you personally or will in the near future?

You have been wailing against this forever but where you live you will most likely never have to deal with any of this.

Why does this raise your ire so much?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree, I don' think they would either. I just got the impression that some here were discussing it in terms of transvestites.
No, we were discussing a person who isn't transgender going into a bathroom and claiming to be transgender since their is no actual test or discernible difference between the two necessarily. Certainly a transvestite could fall into that category but that doesn't really matter as anyone who isn't transgender could fall into that category.

townsend

Banned
No, we were discussing a person who isn't transgender going into a bathroom and claiming to be transgender since their is no actual test or discernible difference between the two necessarily. Certainly a transvestite could fall into that category but that doesn't really matter as anyone who isn't transgender could fall into that category.
If there was a simple way for someone to "declare their gender" and be identified as such, it should be as easy as checking a box on a drivers license.

Top Bottom