Woman beheaded in Oklahoma by co-worker.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Devil's Advocate. Who in the US ever met a German who was a Nazi prior to WWII?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Known a few Muslims, never met a crazy one, except for the whole not eating bacon thing.

Normally when we all get together and slur others on ther Internet people have actually met one. All you who liked that post, have you ever met a radical Muslim?
Yes

jeebs

Brand New Member
I'm not getting what are saying here. Are you thinking that we need to meet one in order to see the problem?
Just because the number of news stories go up I am not ready to say there is a problem. Muslims are far better assimilated here than Europe, and I think that is partially because we don't carry open prejuidice towards them. You seem to be arguing against this, all because of some hypotheticall fear.

I mean cops kill 600 innocents a year, but no one wants to change shit. One guy cuts off one head and now we are supposed to treat Muslims differently?

If you get your information from the news you have to question it's perspective. Murders, rape, and robbery are at 60 year lows but that is not the impression the news gives you. I wonder if the media hasn't skewed your perspective on this, given you appear to have no personal expierence at all to justify your opinion.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Just because the number of news stories go up I am not ready to say there is a problem. Muslims are far better assimilated here than Europe, and I think that is partially because we don't carry open prejuidice towards them. You seem to be arguing against this, all because of some hypotheticall fear.

I mean cops kill 600 innocents a year, but no one wants to change shit. One guy cuts off one head and now we are supposed to treat Muslims differently?

If you get your information from the news you have to question it's perspective. Murders, rape, and robbery are at 60 year lows but that is not the impression the news gives you. I wonder if the media hasn't skewed your perspective on this, given you appear to have no personal expierence at all to justify your opinion.
Murder and robbery are at historic lows, sexual crimes are disturbingly stable, from the statistics I've read.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
There were more nazi's before ww2 than after.
But most Americans hadn't met them because they were mostly in Germany. If they met a German it was probably a well traveled businessman with more liberal world views or one of the many ethnic, German-speaking Germans that were born in the US who had nothing to do with political movements back home.

jeebs

Brand New Member
But most Americans hadn't met them because they were mostly in Germany. If they met a German it was probably a well traveled businessman with more liberal world views or one of the many ethnic, German-speaking Germans that were born in the US who had nothing to do with political movements back home.
Their was actually a very robust American nazi party pre ww2. People were worried Germans would form a fifth column, but every bodies fears were unfounded because they had been so well assimilated.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Their was actually a very robust American nazi party pre ww2. People were worried Germans would form a fifth column, but every bodies fears were unfounded because they had been so well assimilated.
That is true, but it didn't make the ones in Germany any less dangerous.

jeebs

Brand New Member
That is true, but it didn't make the ones in Germany any less dangerous.
It is hard to hit a moving target. I was responding to the assertion that Muslims in America were a danger to us and needed to be treated differently than they are currently.

No body denies that the crazies overseas are a threat.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It is hard to hit a moving target. I was responding to the assertion that Muslims in America were a danger to us and needed to be treated differently than they are currently.

No body denies that the crazies overseas are a threat.
Ah, well, I thought you were.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
This is a perfect example of how someone carrying a gun was able to prevent someone from getting killed.
I'm waiting for the idiots in California to say something like, "But the assailant survived being shot. Therefore, he deserves the chance to sue his "attacker" and society should clearly blame the gun for failing to live up to its reputation of being able to kill people. Ban them!!"

Top Bottom