Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wish we could determine what has gone wrong with this group. I don't think it can all be attributable to Callahan being gone. It's the same personnel, even though I see Smith struggling this year, and Free is back to his middling ways. It's baffling.
I think it is due to Callahan leaving. I think the replacement coach tried different techniques and they aren't working as well.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think it is due to Callahan leaving. I think the replacement coach tried different techniques and they aren't working as well.
I think Pollack is one of the deck chairs on this titanic that is getting re-arranged.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
the fall off has been dramatic. The coaching differential must be significant.
I wonder if the switch from Zone to Zone/Man combo was his doing. Garrett and Linehan come from the Coryell offense, which has never been correlated with zone blocking, that was always a facet of the WCO and Erhardt Perkins offenses. Did the HC and OC meddle in the working formula?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Sounds about right

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
the fall off has been dramatic. The coaching differential must be significant.
For it to work you need balance, and outside of the first drive of the year and a few other spots the Cowboys haven't had that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wait a minute, comp picks are now tradeable? When did that happen?

Cotton

Staff member
Compensatory draft picks likely to be tradable in 2016, sources say
11/19/2015 - NFL
Adam Schefter, NFL

For the first time, the NFL is expected to allow teams to begin trading compensatory draft picks this spring, according to league sources.

In previous years, teams have been prohibited from trading draft picks they were awarded for losing free agents.

But for teams like the Detroit Lions and Denver Broncos that are expected to have a surplus of compensatory picks in 2016, this will give them added flexibility. It should lead to more draft-day trades, in the opinion of some around the league.

The issue already has been discussed and approved, but the league wants owners to sign off on it at their next meeting in Dallas in December, though one source expected that to be "just a formality." Now, "it's going to happen" in the words of another NFL source.

Wow, I never thought they would do it. That's kinda cool.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Compensatory draft picks likely to be tradable in 2016, sources say
11/19/2015 - NFL
Adam Schefter, NFL

For the first time, the NFL is expected to allow teams to begin trading compensatory draft picks this spring, according to league sources.

In previous years, teams have been prohibited from trading draft picks they were awarded for losing free agents.

But for teams like the Detroit Lions and Denver Broncos that are expected to have a surplus of compensatory picks in 2016, this will give them added flexibility. It should lead to more draft-day trades, in the opinion of some around the league.

The issue already has been discussed and approved, but the league wants owners to sign off on it at their next meeting in Dallas in December, though one source expected that to be "just a formality." Now, "it's going to happen" in the words of another NFL source.

Wow, I never thought they would do it. That's kinda cool.
I thought that was one of those things that we wouldn't see changed until a new collective bargaining came up or something.

Cotton

Staff member
I thought that was one of those things that we wouldn't see changed until a new collective bargaining came up or something.
Even then I didn't think it would ever happen.

Cotton

Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
Why not start Moore? See what he can do in a live game and help our draft position. It wouldn't be too hard to sell with Cassel being winless.

Oh wait, forgot we are going to be 1 game out of first after next week

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hardly knew you.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:unsure
That is just Garrett being hopeful.

If Romo decided to hang them up tomorrow, Garrett would shit a purple turd and fucking die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom