Week 12 Thanksgiving Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Panthers | 11/26/2015

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yes. Garrett won't be fired, and he shouldn't be. You can like what he's done without Romo or not, but he will get another chance.

If he bombs again next year he'll be gone.
And even after that, you will never EVER admit he's a fucktard.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. Garrett won't be fired, and he shouldn't be. You can like what he's done without Romo or not, but he will get another chance.

If he bombs again next year he'll be gone.
Does someone out there actually like what Garrett did without Romo?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I hope you aren't this stubborn with your wife
You guys aren't thinking rationally about it. No coach who is coming off a 12-4 division win season is going to be fired when he loses his starting QB for all but 3 games. It's not happening, and it shouldn't happen.

That being said, don't take that to mean I'm happy with the coaching performance. This team came into the season with contender expectations and it's clear that they just aren't on that level at all. Even with Romo, they'd be winning this division by default cause it sucks so bad, but they aren't on the same level as the truly good teams.

The OL has regressed, the defensive line has completely underperformed, they completely blew their RB evaluation and they have no WR to take pressure off Dez.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Quit sucking him off, he led them to one Fing touchdown.

Free again. Get that debris off the team tomorrow.l

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys aren't thinking rationally about it. No coach who is coming off a 12-4 division win season is going to be fired when he loses his starting QB for all but 3 games.
Um didn't the Colts do something similar when Manning got hurt?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't even see the point of firing Garrett. You can replace the lawnmower and it'd have the same affect.

Jerruh gon' keep on Jerruh'ng.
This is such a cop out. Like no reason to try, Jerry is here.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well you suggested that you can like what he did without Romo or not. It implies that there is some possibility to like what he did.
I said "You can like it or not" implying it was irrelevant what one thinks, because when you lose your QB for the whole season and the GM admits he didn't have a backup plan in place, you're gonna get at least one more shot.

I would be very surprised if he was fired and you all feel the same because you know the "built in excuse" is built in because it's generally legitimate.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
There is a world of difference between saying Garrett won't be fired and saying he shouldn't be.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is going to cause a 30 page Smittied thread and I'm going to be forced to ban that motherfucker.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I said "You can like it or not" implying it was irrelevant what one thinks.
Well lets call a spade a spade then. Garrett fucked up the entire stretch with Romo out but he will be given a free pass. That's really what you're saying.

vtcowboy

I wonder if Garrett will have the nerve to say "we did some good things" at his post-game press conference today like he usually does when we lose thanks to him not giving us the coaching edge.

Top Bottom