Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Mayfield and the Sooners showed a lot of heart tonight. Went into SEC territory and pulled off a great comeback.

I thought the game was over because the offense looked pathetic the first 3 qtrs of the game. But as soon as the 4th qtr rolled around they flipped the switch and it was like watching Sam Bradford's Sooners.

I don't know if Tennessee's offense is any good but the Oklahoma's defense looked legit. Been a long time since I've uttered those words. Hopefully this wasn't just a case of them looking great against a marginal offense.

As for the offense, they've got a long way to go. This is the 2nd week in a row that they've gotten off to slow starts. Last week they'd didn't get it going until the late 2nd qtr and tonight it took them 3 qtrs to finally pull their head out of their ass.

I'm beginning to think that the it's the result of the weekly game plan sucking out and as a result it's taking them several drives to figure things out.

1bigfan13

Staff member
haha Baker still throws picks.
He had a Tim Tebow feel to him tonight. :lol

I thought about that during the TD drive that sent the game into OT.

I was like, Mayfield has been shaky for 3 qtrs but when you need him most he came through.

90% suck 10% clutch, like Tebow

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Mayfield and the Sooners showed a lot of heart tonight. Went into SEC territory and pulled off a great comeback.

I thought the game was over because the offense looked pathetic the first 3 qtrs of the game. But as soon as the 4th qtr rolled around they flipped the switch and it was like watching Sam Bradford's Sooners.

I don't know if Tennessee's offense is any good but the Oklahoma's defense looked legit. Been a long time since I've uttered those words. Hopefully this wasn't just a case of them looking great against a marginal offense.

As for the offense, they've got a long way to go. This is the 2nd week in a row that they've gotten off to slow starts. Last week they'd didn't get it going until the late 2nd qtr and tonight it took them 3 qtrs to finally pull their head out of their ass.

I'm beginning to think that the it's the result of the weekly game plan sucking out and as a result it's taking them several drives to figure things out.

Putting in the air raid takes a while. I'm guessing yall will be formidable. Baker has grown up a bunch. He didn't melt down and go spastic.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He had a Tim Tebow feel to him tonight. :lol

I thought about that during the TD drive that sent the game into OT.

I was like, Mayfield has been shaky for 3 qtrs been when you need him most he came through.

90% suck 10% clutch, like Tebow
Pretty much.

1bigfan13

Staff member

What a lovely day it's been so far
Auburn shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10 after today. They were largely saved by a shanked punt that set them up with great field position with less than 2 minutes to play.

Jeremy Johnson is pure garbage.

Laughable that that scrub was getting preseason Heisman hype. And he was the primary reason that the pundits were jumping on the Auburn bandwagon.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Auburn shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10 after today. They were largely saved by a shanked punt that set them up with great field position with less than 2 minutes to play.

Jeremy Johnson is pure garbage.

Laughable that that scrub was getting preseason Heisman hype. And he was the primary reason that the pundits were jumping on the Auburn bandwagon.
Indeed. His play was actually more embarrassing than the typical LSU QB. And that's saying something.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Oh look. Just like I said.

Oklahoma went on the road and beat Tennessee and they only moved up two spots in the polls.....going from 19 to 17.

But last week the SEC teams were moving up more than just because they beat up on FCS/DII schools.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Oklahoma went on the road and beat Tennessee and they only moved up two spots in the polls.....going from 19 to 17.

But last week the SEC teams were moving up more than just because they beat up on FCS/DII schools.
By the way, it's been a rough start for the SEC. Other then Alabama most of their ranked teams have looked like shit.

1bigfan13

Staff member
By the way, it's been a rough start for the SEC. Other then Alabama most of their ranked teams have looked like shit.
No worries. Once they get rolling deep into conference play they'll load up on victories vs. "ranked" teams. Just like Bielema pointed out.

For instance, even though Auburn has played poorly the first 2 weeks, if LSU beats them next weekend LSU will get a nice bump in the polls for beating the #15 team in the country. Even though that #15 team can barely beat an FCS school.

D

Deuce

:cry

Maybe they only moved up a little cause they struggled mightily with an inferior team.

1bigfan13

Staff member
:cry

Maybe they only moved up a little cause they struggled mightily with an inferior team.
Haven't you heard? No team in the SEC is inferior.

Oklahoma's victory over Tennessee goes right up there with App State's victory over Michigan.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm figuring TTU will have about 5 wins by the end of the season. (We should beat ISU, Kansas and Texas) We might even sneak out a win at home vs. KSU. Whether we get to 6-6 or falter and end up with 3 or 4 I think we probably need to go the Jason Garrett route with Kingsbury. Just let him play out his entire deal into 2020. The team's had so much upheaval since he who shall not be named, anyone else we got would just add more disruption.

Almost as important, we need to keep Gibbs around and hope the defense can approach adequacy in the future. We can't have a new DC every year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm figuring TTU will have about 5 wins by the end of the season. (We should beat ISU, Kansas and Texas) We might even sneak out a win at home vs. KSU. Whether we get to 6-6 or falter and end up with 3 or 4 I think we probably need to go the Jason Garrett route with Kingsbury. Just let him play out his entire deal into 2020. The team's had so much upheaval since he who shall not be named, anyone else we got would just add more disruption.

Almost as important, we need to keep Gibbs around and hope the defense can approach adequacy in the future. We can't have a new DC every year.
We dont beat Texas.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
[MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION] how are you feeling about this week? Your team had a real dud this week and my team seemed to finally click in a few areas.

On paper you expect Arky to roll Tech up with our terrible run D. Befor this week I wouldn't have given us a fighting chance but there's a tiny part of me that wants to hope.

What is your thoughts?

I skered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom