Helman - Jones: Colombo Is "Leader In The Clubhouse" For Final Coaching Vacancy

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Romo was productive well before Wilson got re-employed.
Thats right but he hasn't been tarnished by bad coaching since he took the job again. So the current job holder may not be doing great but he isnt hurting either. Production continues.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Thats right but he hasn't been tarnished by bad coaching since he took the job again. So the current job holder may not be doing great but he isnt hurting either. Production continues.
Would you say Romo had his best year ever this last season?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just not getting in the way is pretty much what he is doing. To me, he's a worthless figurehead.

On most NFL teams, the QB coach is a pretty significant assistant.

Linehan steps in and in one year accomplishes more with Romo than Wilson ever has and he does not even carry the title.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Statistaccly no. Did Dallas as a team have a better record yes.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he had the best QBR of his career.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just not getting in the way is pretty much what he is doing. To me, he's a worthless figurehead.

On most NFL teams, the QB coach is a pretty significant assistant.

Linehan steps in and in one year accomplishes more with Romo than Wilson ever has and he does not even carry the title.
You dont attribute the style of play and the mix as having part of the success. That extends past the QB.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Basically what you are saying is that Romo could be just as productive with or without him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he had the best QBR of his career.
Probably true but statistically he threw less and overall passing production was probably less than in the past. The game results were obviously better.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
You know another hint he may not be much of a coach...

Seven years he's been at the same spot, we've changed OC's never even considered him, never has he been on interviews with other teams...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You know another hint he may not be much of a coach...

Seven years he's been at the same spot, we've changed OC's never even considered him, never has he been on interviews with other teams...
Dick LeBeau comes to mind. :shrug
Seriously though does that make him bad? Or just average.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I dunno. Ask Angry guy. He referenced longivity.
Right...but he asked why Wilson was not elevated to coordinator, either in Dallas or elsewhere, while Lebeau was the coordinator in Pitt.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Right...but he asked why Wilson was not elevated to coordinator, either in Dallas or elsewhere, while Lebeau was the coordinator in Pitt.
Thats right he did. Wilson at same job long time, LeBeau at same job long time. What does it mean? I dunno.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thats right he did. Wilson at same job long time, LeBeau at same job long time. What does it mean? I dunno.
If you are on your Kindle, press the off button. Lap top, slowly close it.

Back away when finished.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Big difference between a position coach and a coordinator.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Big difference between a position coach and a coordinator.
That wasnt the point. Being on a job for a long time doesn't define a persons abilities good or bad. LeBeau is an example of a person that stayed on a job for years without being promoted but he was apparently well regarded. Angry guy used Wilson longivity as a position caoch for a long time as a bad connotation. I used LeBeu as not necessarly so.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That wasnt the point. Being on a job for a long time doesn't define a persons abilities good or bad. LeBeau is an example of a person that stayed on a job for years without being promoted but he was apparently well regarded. Angry guy used Wilson longivity as a position caoch for a long time as a bad connotation. I used LeBeu as not necessarly so.
Again, huge difference between a coordinator and a position coach. Only thing Lebeau could be elevated to is HC...which he actually was before. So it was a poor comparison.

Top Bottom