NFL Draft Early Entries

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
He'll just be another name to add to the already long list of NFL busts who came from a gimmick offense and thought they could play with the big boys.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
He'll just be another name to add to the already long list of NFL busts who came from a gimmick offense and thought they could play with the big boys.
If he dropped to 27th I'd pick him, unless someone offered a kings ransom for him...

Carp

DCC 4Life

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't blame Cardale. JT will likely take over as the starter for OSU and Cardale's stock will never be higher than it is now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't blame Cardale. JT will likely take over as the starter for OSU and Cardale's stock will never be higher than it is now.
Absolutely...it is also a weak QB class...he'd be the 3rd rated QB in my book.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Why exactly did he need to hold a press conference at his old high school for this?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I was hoping he'd come out. Love to see the wonderlic battle between him and Jameis.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So Jones is heading back to Ohio State. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that where a kid with only 3 games under his belt was suddenly being talked about as a potential 1st round pick. A little over a month ago C. Jones was a complete unknown.

Kind of crazy to think about how fast all of that played out.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So Jones is heading back to Ohio State. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that where a kid with only 3 games under his belt was suddenly being talking about as a potential 1st round pick. A little over a month ago, C. Jones was a complete unknown.

I don't think anyone was talking about him in the first round. Third-fourth and then developing, yes.

Honestly the kid made the right decision. Coming out now would have been a disaster for him.

As a player, he reminds me of LaMarcus Russell, except maybe not retarded. Amazing tools but doesn't know shit about playing QB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why exactly did he need to hold a press conference at his old high school for this?
I think he was receiving some kind of award or something at the school, so maybe he just had the PC while he was there?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think anyone was talking about him in the first round. Third-fourth and then developing, yes.

Honestly the kid made the right decision. Coming out now would have been a disaster for him.

As a player, he reminds me of LaMarcus Russell, except maybe not retarded. Amazing tools but doesn't know shit about playing QB.
JaMarcus but I agree. That's what I see as well. A guy with all the physical tools but is basically as raw as they come as a passer. Staying an extra year is a very good idea for him and I think Cardale has a shot at starting next year. I think he is the superior player to JT Barrett.

D

Deuce

So Jones is heading back to Ohio State. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that where a kid with only 3 games under his belt was suddenly being talking about as a potential 1st round pick. A little over a month ago, C. Jones was a complete unknown.

I'm not saying he would be a great prospect, but I'm much more impressed with his 3 games against elite teams than I am with the body of work by someone like Petty.

Thorn

Brand New Member
So Jones is heading back to Ohio State. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that where a kid with only 3 games under his belt was suddenly being talked about as a potential 1st round pick. A little over a month ago C. Jones was a complete unknown.

It was a very weird situation. Logistically, you would think that only having three starts would damage someone's chances of being drafted. But just as it limits your ability to show good things to make you worth a pick, it also masks your potential long-term deficiencies and/or allows you to pin them on inexperience instead of a lack of long-term talent.

I'd like to think the decision to come back was based on confidence that he can come back, win the job (I think he should start the spring #1 on the depth chart) and build upon his NFL hype, instead of coming back and mucking it up to the point of not being drafted.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was a very weird situation. Logistically, you would think that only having three starts would damage someone's chances of being drafted. But just as it limits your ability to show good things to make you worth a pick, it also masks your potential long-term deficiencies and/or allows you to pin them on inexperience instead of a lack of long-term talent.

I'd like to think the decision to come back was based on confidence that he can come back, win the job (I think he should start the spring #1 on the depth chart) and build upon his NFL hype, instead of coming back and mucking it up to the point of not being drafted.
I think since he was the guy hoisting the trophy, I would hope Meyer has him as the one and makes it an open competition. Although I did hear the AD talk about how you make a three QB system work. To me, that's crazy talk. There needs to be the guy.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I still think Braxton Miller will transfer. Then JT can start and Cardale can come off the bench for the Big 10 championship and playoffs.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The kid did a yoeman's task filling in and accomplishing what he did but he isn't close to being ready for the professional ranks. OSU won on sheer brute strength and and defense. He was stronge enough to pull off those victories and i will give him that but he does need to stay in school and learn more finess.

Top Bottom