Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2014

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I usually just use the site from my ipad app and you can only cut/paste from there. Now I'm on a laptop and I don't know where you get the numbers from.

Either way, GFY.
:lol

Yeah, I can't from my iPhone either. But, on a computer just click where it says how long ago the tweet was posted which will bring up the individual tweet and the numbers are at the very end of the URL that comes up.

D

Deuce

:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:towel
You are becoming insufferable.

Cotton

Staff member
Well done, Deuce. Now, if you could just teach Booze to post youtube clips.

:tippytoe

D

Deuce

You are becoming insufferable.
Feh. He's got game breaking quality and our current back is both injury prone and stuck with shit behind him. I think adding another good back is a must and Storm fits the bill.

Cotton

Staff member
Feh. He's got game breaking quality and our current back is both injury prone and stuck with shit behind him. I think adding another good back is a must and Storm fits the bill.
If we draft a RB high I will be livid. Where is he projected to go? If we can nab him in the 4th or so, I would be good with it.

D

Deuce

If we draft a RB high I will be livid. Where is he projected to go? If we can nab him in the 4th or so, I would be good with it.
Prior to this weekend I read 3rd or 4th at the highest. But I think he's going to surprise some people with his 40 and shuttle times. If they are real high he'll shoot up the board.

I'm like you though. I'm not trying to use a premium pick on a guy unless it's an absolute steal. I just know that if we would get him in the same range we got Randle that's a nice deal. He's twice the back Randle is.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just know that if we would get him in the same range we got Randle that's a nice deal. He's twice the back Randle is.
Well, it is not that difficult to be better than Randle. He is about as ordinary of a back as you can get.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no problem taking one in the fourth as long as it means we aren't dumb and give Murray a big time extension. Murray is an excellent back but he is injury prone and rbs rarely are worth the second contract.

Cotton

Staff member
I have no problem taking one in the fourth as long as it means we aren't dumb and give Murray a big time extension. Murray is an excellent back but he is injury prone and rbs rarely are worth the second contract.
I agree.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys met with QBs Garoppolo, Fales
February, 28, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- There is no question Johnny Manziel will be the most-talked about player of this year’s NFL draft, and there has been some connecting of the dots of the Texas A&M quarterback and the Dallas Cowboys.

The Cowboys talked with Manziel at the NFL scouting combine as a way of doing their homework, but owner and general manager Jerry Jones squashed any dream for those wanting the Cowboys to select Manziel.

“We’ll never see him,” Jerry Jones said Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan. “We couldn't get there if we traded three drafts to get him. But he's an outstanding player. The area I feel the best about our chances in is at our quarterback. And I feel that way for the next several years. The only exception to that being injury.”

But who could really be in play for the Cowboys in the May draft?

According to a source, the Cowboys also met with Eastern Illinois’ Jimmy Garoppolo and San Jose State’s David Fales at the combine.

While Garoppolo’s status is rising -- Bill Polian sees him as a first rounder -- he could be on the Cowboys’ radar in the second or third rounds. The Eastern Illinois tie with Tony Romo is intriguing. Both players won the Walter Payton Award as seniors. Garoppolo threw for more than 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns in 2013.

Fales was a two-year starter at San Jose State, playing for former Cowboys assistant Mike MacIntyre in 2012. He had 66 touchdown passes in his two seasons and had a strong showing at the Senior Bowl. He could be a possibility in the middle rounds.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like Garoppolo, although he sometimes gets too jittery in the pocket. Fales is more of a project...has a weak arm too from the looks of things.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys have interest in TCU corner
March, 6, 2014

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Dallas Cowboys' officials were one of several teams attending TCU's pro day on Thursday morning.

The biggest name to watch from the pro day was cornerback Jason Verrett, a potential late first-round or second-round pick.

The Cowboys have an interest in bringing Verrett in for a private workout, but will be cautious because of his health. Verrett will need surgery to repair a torn labrum.

"[The doctors] feel like it’s gonna be a very short process," TCU coach Gary Patterson told TCU 360. "Everybody that’s done it has been able to be back before camp. On the high road, I think that’s what he’s anticipating. That he’ll be back before camp."

Verrett, the co-Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, missed just one game last season because of the injury.

As for the workout, Verrett did 19 reps of 225 pounds, impressive considering he needs surgery. Verrett didn't run the 40, however he posted a 4.38 40 at the combine. Verrett had a 39.5 vertical jump at the pro day.

Quarterback Casey Pachall, safety Elisha Olabode, tackle James Dunbar, guard John Woolridge, cornerback Keivon Gamble, running back Waymon James and center Eric Tausch participated in the pro day as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
2014 NFL Draft: Carl Bradford brings versatility to pro level

By Adam Stites  @AdamBCC on Mar 10 2014, 12:00p

TEMPE, Ariz. - The term "tweener" has typically been used to describe a player that doesn't quite fit as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 and isn't quite big enough to play defensive end in a 4-3. For Arizona State's Carl Bradford, it's hard to guess where he'll play in the NFL, but that's something he's embracing with open arms.

At the Sun Devils Pro Day on Friday, Bradford worked out with the linebackers, running positional drills that included simulated drops into coverage. Then, after the linebackers were finished and sitting in the shade with water bottles, Bradford joined the defensive lineman to run through some pass rushing drills.

"I wanted to show them that I could do everything," Bradford said. "The more I can do, the better I can be."

Unlike most "tweeners," Bradford isn't just between two potential pass rushing positions. Some aren't even sure that his best fit is as a pass rusher.

"He was an edge player in college, but I don't think that's what his future is in the NFL. I think he's a middle linebacker," said Eric Stoner of Draft Mecca. "The reason why I think he transitions well to middle linebacker is that his skills as a pass rusher translates well to a flowing, downhill-type of linebacker."

At 6'1, 250 pounds, Bradford is much closer in size to most of the NFL's starting inside linebackers than the pass rushers that populate the sack leaderboards. Teams have evidently taken notice of Bradford's versatility as well and told him that there are a variety of spots on the field he could be used in the NFL.

"I've got positions across the board," Bradford said. "From rush end, to SAM linebacker, WILL, inside linebacker. I even got 3-tech[nique] on a passing down and I got fullback."

Bradford hasn't played in the backfield since he was moved to the defensive side of the ball early in his career at ASU after originally joining the team as a highly-touted fullback recruit. According to Bradford, the Dallas Cowboys have expressed an interest in possibly moving him back to offense.

"Honestly. They were serious and they were still asking me today about it," Bradford said. "I think they wanted me to do some fullback drills."

While it would be a bizarre decision to move a player with 20 sacks over the last two seasons to fullback, the statement is a testament to the multi-faceted abilities of Bradford. The focus at the ASU Pro Day for the two-time All-Pac-12 defender is firmly on preparing to play linebacker in the NFL, though.

"I wanted to show that I can pass drop as a linebacker more fluently," Bradford said. "I had my hand in the dirt in a rush-style defense, so I kinda wanted to show them that I can drop and play linebacker."

On Friday, he sat out many of the timing drills, choosing not to attempt to best his scores in the bench press or vertical jump from the NFL Combine. However, he took another attempt at the 40-yard dash, slashing more than a tenth of a second off his previous time.

"That's another thing I wanted to prove, that I'm not a 4.75 guy," Bradford said.

Bradford finished the NFL Combine with a 37.5" vertical, 10'2" broad jump and 23 bench press reps. He recorded times of 4.30 and 7.25 seconds in the 20-yard shuttle and 3-cone drill, respectively.

He is scheduled to visit the Arizona Cardinals and meet with other teams in Arizona where he will be training until May; however, no other visits have been scheduled yet.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

Underrated linebacker Xavius Boyd, whom many thought was a combine snub, posted forty times in the high 4.6/low 4.7 range and touched 32 inches on the vertical jump at 240 pounds. I'm told the New England Patriots will be working Boyd out next week while the San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears have all expressed interest in the linebacker.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/dallas_cowboys_have_private_workout_scheduled_with_big_physical_db_walt_aikens/16079057?linksrc=story_social_yardbar_twitter_16079057

Dallas Cowboys have private workout scheduled with big physical DB Walt Aikens

Liberty defensive back Walt Aikens with have private workouts with the Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots, per source. Aikens is a big, strong, physical corner standing at 6'0 and 205 pounds. At his Pro Day he recorded a 4.42 forty time. Since the season has ended, Aikens has built his draft stock up, performing well in at the Senior Bowl, where the South teams Head Coach Jacksonville Jaguars Gus Bradley said, "I like big Walt." Aikens will have visits with the Kansas City Chiefs, Arizona Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills, according the source.

Top Bottom