Must See Movies

D

Deuce

I would like to see Captain Marvel.
Why? I know he's an old school character, but isn't he just a Superman knockoff? I don't know too much about him.

What I would like to see is how the Captain America series plays out since they are bringing the Winter Soldier in now.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
The ultimate superhero movie would be an adaptation of Kingdom Come, which involves pretty much every DC hero ever, from Captain Marvel (as a bad guy) on down to Martian Manhunter. I doubt it would ever happen though.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would like to see Captain Marvel.
Maybe somewhat but there was an element of metaphysical and supernatural surrounding him. The difference in him and Superman is that he was human and an earthling that derived his powers from external forces.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The thing with superheroes is that you have to have a villain that is interesting. Iron Man lacked that IMO. He just does not have that iconic bad guy to go against...The Mandarin? Feh. That is what puts Batman, Superman, and Spiderman ahead of the rest. You can make an argument for Captain America and Red Skull, Thor and Loki, but they are still behind the big 3.

D

Deuce

The Mandarin is was actually kindof cool in the comics. They completely changed him for the movie which was disappointing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Damn, that looks like it is going to be really good.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The Mandarin is was actually kindof cool in the comics. They completely changed him for the movie which was disappointing.
There's a mini film on the new Thor Blu Ray that shows Ben Kingsley in jail and kind of a hero. He's doing an interview with some reporter dude that asks if he's ever heard of the 10 rings or some such. Turns out they are the legion of folk dedicated to the Manderin. The reporter dude has their 10 rings logo on his arm and kidnaps Kingsley's fake Manderin to take him to the real one. THere's the Iron Man 4 set up for you.

D

Deuce

Marvel is rebooting the Fantastic 4 with a bunch of late teen/young adult B actors.

What could go wrong?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Marvel is rebooting the Fantastic 4 with a bunch of late teen/young adult B actors.

What could go wrong?
Rebooted by Fox who made the horrid first two movies. Unfortunately Marvel has no control over one of its flagship books.

And hey, Sue Storm is a pastey Irish chick and Johnny Storm is black. :lol

D

Deuce

Rebooted by Fox who made the horrid first two movies. Unfortunately Marvel has no control over one of its flagship books.

And hey, Sue Storm is a pastey Irish chick and Johnny Storm is black. :lol
I actually think the casting of the original F4 movies was solid, just bad stories.

But this new crew looks horrid. Though I rarely pass up a chance to look at Kate Mara.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I liked Chronicle quite a bit...Trank directed that and now this.

Top Bottom