Golf Thread

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't know. That Ernie Els 1st hole was pretty outrageous too

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ah, OK. I don't follow golf and that is the first time I have ever seen it. The odds of that shot happening that way must be astronomical.
Yeah, I remember seeing it shortly after it happend. A really cool shot. Did you read the article? During the practice round, after teeing off, the players drop a ball at the end of the tee box and try to skip one across. Most of them end up drowned. Occasionally, one makes it across, even to the green. A hole in one the regular way is super long odds. Making one like this must be some astronomical odds. Awesome.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Did anyone see the video of that dude hitting the ball out of that tree?

Carl

RIP Brother
Why is there a woman commentating on the Masters? Mute button time. It's bad enough having to listen to Gym Pantz.

Carl

RIP Brother
Ah, OK. I don't follow golf and that is the first time I have ever seen it. The odds of that shot happening that way must be astronomical.
Most, if not all of the pros can do that. I wish I could.

Carl

RIP Brother
That was a great day of golf today. Love the Masters.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That was a great day of golf today. Love the Masters.
One of my 3 favorite sporting weekends of the year.

Thursday and Friday usually have a good part of the field do very well and it's Saturday that brings them back to earth. Let's see if that remains true this time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Spieth is great...hard to believe he is only 22. He hit one crazy right on 17 and hits a low cut shot just on the fringe...awesome.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well...I jinxed the shit out of him.
What a collapse.

I like the guy so I feel bad for him, but man did he just fall apart.

You could see how sick he was at the end of it as he was asking the camera to back off as he made his way into the club house.

He's not gonna sleep well for a day or two, I bet.

Carl

RIP Brother
Old Gym Pantz is so bored on CBS right now. After gushing about the Masters for 4 days, he has this assignment. He just wants to go home and shag his young lady. Lovely.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
As a casual golf fan, watching the top 5 players of today go through so many highs and lows provides me a greater appreciation of what Tiger Woods was able to accomplish. For about a 10 year stretch Tiger was pretty much a lock to at least make the cut and be worth a follow over the week. But with this current group of top players, Spieth, McIlroy, Day, etc., it seems as if every couple of weeks or so they’re missing the cut or going several tournaments in a row without shooting a single round under par.

It seems like every time we anoint one of the new guys as “the next Tiger” their performance tapers off and they hit a rough patch.

I don’t mean this to be a knock on those guys, because golf is an incredibly difficult sport, but it’s just a reminder of just how special Woods was. To be that good for that long was an incredible feat.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Tiger is indeed a rare talent, and was fun to watch. But I think I'd still place Nicholas and Palmer ahead of him. Today's golfers have a huge advantage in equipment. Both in the clubs and the golf balls they use. But if you look at their avg scores, they're pretty comparable. I wonder what a guy like Nicholas could have done with today's titanium clubs with their oversize sweet spots and the more reactive balls.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Tiger is indeed a rare talent, and was fun to watch. But I think I'd still place Nicholas and Palmer ahead of him. Today's golfers have a huge advantage in equipment. Both in the clubs and the golf balls they use. But if you look at their avg scores, they're pretty comparable. I wonder what a guy like Nicholas could have done with today's titanium clubs with their oversize sweet spots and the more reactive balls.
I just want the stats, okay. Just the stats, and that's all.

Top Bottom