2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallen

Senior Tech
It's looking like we will re-sign Durant. It's being reported that he "could sign soon".
I like that idea. Hopefully means we are about to cut McClain

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It's not funny.

It is pathetic that we thought this fucking retard could be our starting tailback at this time last year.

Cotton

Staff member
It's not funny.

It is pathetic that we thought this fucking retard could be our starting tailback at this time last year.
It's to the point of laughable now.

Cotton

Staff member
Your next owner, gents.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your next owner, gents.

He makes a good point. At this point in the offseason who gives a shit if we have cut him yet? He is basically saying we can make that decision later.

Cotton

Staff member
He makes a good point. At this point in the offseason who gives a shit if we have cut him yet? He is basically saying we can make that decision later.
Yeah, that sends a fantastic message to the rest of the locker room.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Your next owner, gents.

I don't see the problem. He's right. It's not hurting us financially to have him on the team right now. And that's the only statement made here. It's not like he said we're planning on him being a big part of our future, or whatever.

Besides, if we were to cut him now, what reason could we give? The players union would rip us a new one for cutting a player for failing a urine test. His contract doesn't count against us until he's active. When he's about to come off the suspension list, we can give him a physical and he can ~wink wink~ fail it, and be cut then.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, that sends a fantastic message to the rest of the locker room.
What message does that say? We won't cut you during a period of time when you're not making any money from the team and are basically away from all the other players? :lol I'll worry about it when we actually have to start paying the guy or make tough roster decisions.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What message does that say? We won't cut you during a period of time when you're not making any money from the team and are basically away from all the other players? :lol I'll worry about it when we actually have to start paying the guy or make tough roster decisions.
The real message is it undermines Garretts philosophy and at the same time puts him straight in the crosshairs if he doesn't stand up to this craziness. Garrett has to be burning over this and if not he deserves to take the fall for any spillover.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

[MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]

Packers to honor Brett Favre at the Green Bay/Cowboy game.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Your next owner, gents.

From Star Telegram report a couple days ago....

===========
McClain has forfeited his signing bonus, per the collective bargaining agreement, but his release would prevent the Cowboys from recouping the money.

“The main thing is strategically, [financially], it’s not good for us,” Jones said of the potential of releasing McClain, “and he doesn’t take up an active spot on the roster [during the season].”

=====================

So it sounds like they want to make sure they can get their $750k back.

Cotton

Staff member

Gotta imagine this probably gets broken this year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Gotta imagine this probably gets broken this year.
Probably, though I think people are underestimating how well Alfred Morris and even McFadden will play this season. Dallas definitely has a three-headed monster, making it tougher for Zeke to get enough carries to break Dorsett's record. Tony did it in 14 games averaging 4.8 a carry on 208 carries. Say a split of 220-ish carries from other backs and 250 for Zeke guarantees the record.

For that to happen, Dallas will need the 472 RB carries they had in 2014, not the 367 from 2015.

To get that, they'll need the defense to force the turnovers they got in 2014 and no meltdown games from Romo (for back, collarbone, or whatever reason).

2233boys

Not So New Member
Probably, though I think people are underestimating how well Alfred Morris and even McFadden will play this season. Dallas definitely has a three-headed monster, making it tougher for Zeke to get enough carries to break Dorsett's record. Tony did it in 14 games averaging 4.8 a carry on 208 carries. Say a split of 220-ish carries from other backs and 250 for Zeke guarantees the record.

For that to happen, Dallas will need the 472 RB carries they had in 2014, not the 367 from 2015.

To get that, they'll need the defense to force the turnovers they got in 2014 and no meltdown games from Romo (for back, collarbone, or whatever reason).
If he doesn't get 1000 yrds I'll be pissed. I made a bet with my staff that I'd eat meat for lunch if he doesn't.

They are talking chicken wings, burgers, lamb chops, all kinds of crazy stuff.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If he doesn't get 1000 yrds I'll be pissed. I made a bet with my staff that I'd eat meat for lunch if he doesn't.

They are talking chicken wings, burgers, lamb chops, all kinds of crazy stuff.
I so hope he doesnt get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom