2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane

DCC 4Life
It's going to be Hillary or Trump. None of the superdelegates are going to leave Hillary unless she is indicted while running for President, which I think is highly doubtful.

Jiggyfly

Banned
this race is going to be interesting. Sanders has a chance to make it into the White House. The GOP candidate is DOA. Especially it Trump Ends up going 3rd party, and Sanders is surging like crazy. If he takes NY I think Hillary may be sunk.
I could see it being neck and neck between Hillary and Sanders but I don't think he can overcome her delegate lead.

I think she squeaks it out in the end.

But I don't know if Sanders people unite behind Hillary that will be interesting to see.

townsend

Banned
I could see it being neck and neck between Hillary and Sanders but I don't think he can overcome her delegate lead.

But I don't know if Sanders people unite behind Hillary that will be interesting to see.
The question becomes whether the super delegates are comfortable deciding the election. I think the DNC will have to think long and hard if they want to dictate a candidate.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The question becomes whether the super delegates are comfortable deciding the election. I think the DNC will have to think long and hard if they want to dictate a candidate.
They thought about that way back in 2008 when Obama shocked Hillary the first time. The selection process is nearly rigged, she almost cannot lose, it would take a democratic voter revolt. They learned their lesson in 2008 and it's a lesson the Republicans are gonna learn this time. They will strengthen their system so that party leadership picks the nominee, not the voters.

Which is is kinda fine... A party isn't a government agency, it can set whatever rules it wants... It's just too bad the masses are so married to the two party system and can't punish the party for disregarding their wishes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which is is kinda fine... A party isn't a government agency, it can set whatever rules it wants... It's just too bad the masses are so married to the two party system and can't punish the party for disregarding their wishes.
I'd love to see people rise up and support a third party in masses as part of a revolt. I think at some point down the road it could happen. After all our two party system hasn't always had these 2 parties specifically. Unfortunately I don't think we are there yet. Certainly getting closer.

Carl

RIP Brother
Has anyone watched Outnumbered on Fox Noise. It's like watching an episode of Sabado Gigante. Those poor ladies.

2233boys

Not So New Member

Many are independents, so I doubt they will. Likely vote for Jill Stein or not vote.

She hasn't earned my vote, at this time as a democrat, I can't support her.

The Vote Blue no matter who line I keep hearing on TV and radio makes me want to barf.

Unless Trump does run as a third party/write-in, I don't see her winning in the general if she wins the primary.

Her unfavorable ratings, are almost as high as Trump.

Head to head she can't beat Kasich at all or Cruz regularly. On occasion, Trumps within the margin of error in polls.

Like Gore she is a bad candidate, that the Party Establishment is pushing. General election Results will likely be similar to 2000

dallen

Senior Tech
They thought about that way back in 2008 when Obama shocked Hillary the first time. The selection process is nearly rigged, she almost cannot lose, it would take a democratic voter revolt. They learned their lesson in 2008 and it's a lesson the Republicans are gonna learn this time. They will strengthen their system so that party leadership picks the nominee, not the voters.

This is what annoys me about people complaining about the Democratic Party being unfair to Bernie or the Republican Party being unfair to Trump. So what? They aren't under any obligation to follow democratic rules when determining who their nomination is. The only obligation they have is to do what is best for the party. It is basically the whole reason Washington warned against them in the first place, but people still haven't learned that lesson.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's not just the Super-delegates, even though he won yesterday he only got about 10 more delegates.

She leads him in pledged delegates by 200 that's not even counting the Super's.

Bernie is going to have to blow Hillary out in a few big states and I don't see that happening.

She is going to end up winning like Obama close at the end.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'd love to see people rise up and support a third party in masses as part of a revolt. I think at some point down the road it could happen. After all our two party system hasn't always had these 2 parties specifically. Unfortunately I don't think we are there yet. Certainly getting closer.
I'm pretty sure there will be a 3rd party next time around somebody is going to pick up the torch from Trump.

It seems that there has been a rumbling of a split in the Republican party for awhile now.

I can see those Red State people splitting off especially if Ryan or Kasich get the nod.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Many are independents, so I doubt they will. Likely vote for Jill Stein or not vote.

She hasn't earned my vote, at this time as a democrat, I can't support her.

The Vote Blue no matter who line I keep hearing on TV and radio makes me want to barf.

Unless Trump does run as a third party/write-in, I don't see her winning in the general if she wins the primary.

Her unfavorable ratings, are almost as high as Trump.

Head to head she can't beat Kasich at all or Cruz regularly. On occasion, Trumps within the margin of error in polls.

Like Gore she is a bad candidate, that the Party Establishment is pushing. General election Results will likely be similar to 2000
I don't know about all of that, I think she beats Cruz and Trump handily both are polarizing enough the most Dems will vote just to keep either out.

Bush was not as polarizing as either and was leaning more moderate and he had a higher percentage of the Hispanic vote something neither Trump or Cruz will get.

townsend

Banned
It's not just the Super-delegates, even though he won yesterday he only got about 10 more delegates.

She leads him in pledged delegates by 200 that's not even counting the Super's.

Bernie is going to have to blow Hillary out in a few big states and I don't see that happening.

She is going to end up winning like Obama close at the end.
Hillary's big wins came from the southern states, and those cards are all played. Now primaries are covering the coasts, where Bernie has faired much better. I think he takes NY handily. Native son, union darling, hipster Icon, Jew, seems like a lot of checked boxes for NY's key demos. After that the primary goes through New England where Bernie has not done poorly, and then to Cali, where I think his liberal progressivism will play a lot better than Hillary. I expect him to overtake those 200 delegates by the time the California primary ends.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The sad part is, a reasonable Republican candidate would beat Sanders convincingly I think. Maybe a brokered convention gets us Kasich.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Latest poll has Clinton up 6 in Pennsylvania. +22 in another. +6 was after Wisconsin results. Maybe people will start flocking to Bernie.

Clinton +14 in Cali

Clinton +10 in NY

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hillary's big wins came from the southern states, and those cards are all played. Now primaries are covering the coasts, where Bernie has faired much better. I think he takes NY handily. Native son, union darling, hipster Icon, Jew, seems like a lot of checked boxes for NY's key demos. After that the primary goes through New England where Bernie has not done poorly, and then to Cali, where I think his liberal progressivism will play a lot better than Hillary. I expect him to overtake those 200 delegates by the time the California primary ends.
Could be but I don't agree, I think most dems would rather go the safe route, like I said even after losing by double digits she still got about the same amount of delegates.

Unlike the Republicans there are no winner take all primaries for Bernie to take.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I don't know about all of that, I think she beats Cruz and Trump handily both are polarizing enough the most Dems will vote just to keep either out.

Bush was not as polarizing as either and was leaning more moderate and he had a higher percentage of the Hispanic vote something neither Trump or Cruz will get.
Maybe but She loses to Cruz in head to head polling a lot and is within the margin of error with Trump often. Cruz is a nut bug scares me more than Trump but I question if she can beat either of them. Kasich would kill her.

She needs independents (larger group then Registered Dems and Reps) to win. She can't get more that 20%.

She's a bad Candidate, and if she does win, she should face a primary opponent in 20.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Maybe but She loses to Cruz in head to head polling a lot and is within the margin of error with Trump often. Cruz is a nut bug scares me more than Trump but I question if she can beat either of them. Kasich would kill her.

She needs independents (larger group then Registered Dems and Reps) to win. She can't get more that 20%.

She's a bad Candidate, and if she does win, she should face a primary opponent in 20.
She might be a bad candidate but is she worse than Cruz and Trump is the question.

All of her bad deeds are pretty much on the table neither Cruz or Trump has had the full force of the opposition against them.

That is why the polls look like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom