Watkins: Dez Bryant shouts, 'We Dat!' after win

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dez Bryant shouts, 'We Dat!' after win

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas – As he ran into the Cowboys’ locker room after a convincing 38-17 victory over the New Orleans Saints on Sunday night, wide receiver Dez Bryant yelled, “We Dat!”

It was the direct opposite of the chant by Saints fans: “Who Dat?!”

Bryant finished with three catches for 44 yards and an 18-yard touchdown, his only catch in the second half.

The Saints played an aggressive defense against him. During one play inside the 20, two defenders manned Bryant. On a key third-down play in the fourth quarter, a linebacker dropped back in coverage underneath Bryant.

When Bryant saw one-on-one coverage in the fourth quarter, quarterback Tony Romo found him for a back-shoulder fade for the final margin of victory.

“I wanted a piece of the cake,” Bryant said. “You got to stay in the game. I did get a little frustrated, a little bit, but I want to make plays. They were cheating the safety up a little bit, but when I got the opportunity to score I did.”

Bryant’s Sunday night was unlike the past season’s 49-17 loss to the Saints, in which he didn't get any passes directed to him in the first half and finished with just one catch for 44 yards.

Bryant said he moved on from that game and focused on what defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was trying to do against him Sunday.

“I don’t think it was anything personal,” he said. “I think the approach we took a long time ago during OTAs is, we know how good we can be and all we had to do was believe.”

Bryant's getting double coverage allowed second-year receiver Terrance Williams to make big plays. He had two touchdown receptions to go with his six catches for 77 yards. He was targeted seven times.

Romo completed passes to eight receivers. On the first scoring drive, which lasted 12 plays, five players caught a pass.

“I honestly feel, when you double me, you disrespect my wideouts,” Bryant said. “And [Williams] knew he was expecting the one-on-one coverage, and all week he knew he was going to get the one-on-one, and he had to take advantage of it, and that’s exactly what he did. He killed them.”

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Williams is one hell of a second receiver. He catches the ball, runs great routes and is tough. Not an elite WR, not a #1 - but darn close. He and Bryant make the best 1,2 WR tandem since Irvin/Harper. They might be better...we'll see...

townsend

Banned
Williams is one hell of a second receiver. He catches the ball, runs great routes and is tough. Not an elite WR, not a #1 - but darn close. He and Bryant make the best 1,2 WR tandem since Irvin/Harper. They might be better...we'll see...
Glenn/Owens was pretty special in 2006.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Glenn/Owens was pretty special in 2006.
Pretty productive (both went over 1,000) though they were only together for that year (and the disappointing playoff game the following season). Bryant and Williams should be together for at least 4 years. Both drafted by the Cowboys. Both young. A bit better comparison to Harper/Irvin.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
you're thinking of 2005.
Yep. That year was when we went out with a whimper against the Rams to close the season. Complete with that loser Petitti saying he "needed help" on the sideline.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Yep. That year was when we went out with a whimper against the Rams to close the season. Complete with that loser Petitti saying he "needed help" on the sideline.
Didn't someone here claim to have met him or something? I seem to remember that. It was some scrub tackle.

That's one for the bucket list: "Met Rob Petitti"

You could feel like you lived a full life after that I would think.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Didn't someone here claim to have met him or something? I seem to remember that. It was some scrub tackle.

That's one for the bucket list: "Met Rob Petitti"

You could feel like you lived a full life after that I would think.
Hey, some people thought they were special chatting with "Pitt Dawg" on a message board.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Hey, some people thought they were special chatting with "Pitt Dawg" on a message board.
Man, I forgot about old Pitt Dawg.

I'm going to create a username over at the zone after next year's draft pretending to be some late round pick's Dad.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I would be so happy if someone could find a "I need help out there" gif....

Carp

DCC 4Life
When I deployed in 2011 they had a small knock off sports shop on base...in that shop they had a James Marten jersey for sale. I wish I had bought that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
you're thinking of 2005.
You're right, I can't recall exactly how but the 2006/2007 OL was seriously depleted (again) in the home stretch which is why they reigned in the passing game despite the Seahawks secondary being so thin they were starting Pete Hunter of all people.

Cotton

Staff member
I would be so happy if someone could find a "I need help out there" gif....
I know this isn't what you're looking for, but I ran a quick google search and this was on the first page. :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I know this isn't what you're looking for, but I ran a quick google search and this was on the first page. :lol

I like this one better

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

He looks like such a spoiled little shit when he's losing.

Top Bottom