Week 4 Gameday Chatter | Saints vs. Cowboys | 09/28/2014

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Wow, I completely missed this last night. Very cool.

p1_

DCC 4Life
OL domination and the running game is such an awesome thing to see.
What we're seeing now I haven't seen since Emmitt's prime. Think on that for a moment.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Wow, I completely missed this last night. Very cool.
I caught that last night. When the line walked up and just put their hands on their knees, I was thinking 'WTF...?'

Pretty cool. I used to love when our Oline did that. It was unique. Something only the Cowboys did.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

WTH is Murray doing here? :lol
I was too busy reading posts to comment about that last night, but I'm thinking he was happy.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I still can't believe it.
The way we played last night is what alot of us have been calling for for years and seeing it actually happen is very surreal.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The way we played last night is what alot of us have been calling for for years and seeing it actually happen is very surreal.
I mean, something has to bring us back down to earth, right? This just can't be real life.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The undercurrent is watching a fine coaching staff develop under our noses. DC, OC, and ST coaching was all on point. I only wish there the coaching staff could have found a way to get the refs' attention that Jones' punt hit the video screen.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

WTH is Murray doing here? :lol
Little strange seeing Wilcox in the offensive huddle. I never noticed before that he's the deep guy for the victory formation.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So thats why he was listed on the offensive snaps for last weeks game. I never realized that. I always just thought it was offensive players.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So thats why he was listed on the offensive snaps for last weeks game. I never realized that. I always just thought it was offensive players.
Yeah, I guess it makes sense that they'd put a defensive guy back there that can tackle. He's the safety valve in case a catastrophe happens with a fumbled snap picked up by a defender.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Something crazy to think about...either Dallas or Houston is going to be 4-1 after this weeks game.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Wow, what a great game.

Romo is back to himself and the defense was respectable, and punt team handled the fake like pros.

The biggest change and most surprising to me is the commitment to the running game.

Keep eating that clock and the receivers and TEs will get their catches.

I like the attitude that they're going to run what they want and not let a defense dictate what they do. With that OL, there should be no other way.

Linehan has done a great job so far.

I was entertained in a good way for the first time in years!

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Damn this team to hell for giving me some hope for this season.

I wonder when and what will happen to snatch it all away?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think that short 6 yard catch Escotron had set the tone.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The biggest change and most surprising to me is the commitment to the running game.
The other big pleasant surprise is how smart we've been this season.

Smart play and smart coaching have eluded this team for years, but our players have made heady plays and the coaches seem to be making all the right calls. Basically, what we do is almost always the logical thing to do, and that has not been the case at all under Garrett.

Couple that with a great reduction in penalties, and you have, through 4 weeks at least, the smartest and most disciplined Cowboys team we've seen in a long time.

Top Bottom