Week 4 Gameday Chatter | Saints vs. Cowboys | 09/28/2014

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Crawford was excellent last night and may end up having a trajectory like Hatcher did. We may even be able to get him on a cheap extension like we initially did with Hatcher. This in no way means we ignore the DL, but he is definitely a piece.
He played very well.

Anything we get from those no-name D-lineman would be icing on the cake.

Carp

DCC 4Life
One thing that puzzles me...not sure why Jack Crawford is getting so much PT. I'd rather see what Boatwright can do.

D

Deuce

One thing that puzzles me...not sure why Jack Crawford is getting so much PT. I'd rather see what Boatwright can do.
Marinelli has a fetish for dudes with no eyebrows. First Shazier, now this guy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Unlike our other LB's, Crawford is so un-athletic. He looked awful in pass coverage on that play immediately following the long run.

That play was more a result of Crawford being slow and stiff than it was the TE getting separation.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Unlike our other LB's, Crawford is so un-athletic. He looked awful in pass coverage on that play immediately following the long run.

That play was more a result of Crawford being slow and stiff than it was the TE getting separation.
He was playing DE though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Marinelli has a fetish for dudes with no eyebrows. First Shazier, now this guy.

He always looks surprised.

I'm happy with this joke...said it multiple times. Going to keep doing it until someone lols.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Just read that Brent's suspension has been modified and he's allowed to be at the facility working out as of today.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Alright 4 games are in the books and I'm finally ready to concede that the Cowboys are legitimately committed to running the football.

Leaning on Murray and the OL is the new norm.

The days of Romo throwing it excessively are finally behind us.

Right there with you. If they werent so slow in figuring this out we would have been in the playoffs last season.

OL domination and the running game is such an awesome thing to see.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Interior OL gets to face the toughest DT in the league, maybe of all time up next, and then it's the world champs in the NFLs loudest stadium.

Strangely, I think they're up to it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
OL domination and the running game is such an awesome thing to see.
It allows Romo to pick his moments, and that's huge because he's the best pure passer this team has ever had.

Overconfidence and getting cute and full of themselves is this teams biggest enemy. They will be in every game they don't turn the ball over

Newt

DCC 4Life
Just read that Brent's suspension has been modified and he's allowed to be at the facility working out as of today.
Its all coming together...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Right there with you. If they werent so slow in figuring this out we would have been in the playoffs last season.
Maybe, but I don't think last year's team was very good.....same for 2012. We still could have made the playoffs both years, mind you, but I thought the Cowboys of both 2012 and 2013 were both mediocre teams who didn't notch a single impressive win in those 2 seasons.

The 2011 team was solid, though. And while we may not have been very good at run blocking, we still had opportunities to run even back then as 1big pointed out, and that most certainly would have made the playoffs had we been committed to the run like we are now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Interior OL gets to face the toughest DT in the league, maybe of all time up next, and then it's the world champs in the NFLs loudest stadium.

Strangely, I think they're up to it.
We can't look past the Texans, but assuming we win that game, that Seattle game is gonna be huge for us.

Not only will it tell us just how good this team really is, but it's also our first real test to see just how physical we really are. There isn't a more physical team in football than Seattle, so that game will be a true indication of just how physical we've become.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The 2011 team was solid, though. And while we may not have been very good at run blocking, we still had opportunities to run even back then as 1big pointed out, and that most certainly would have made the playoffs had we been committed to the run like we are now.
Especially since the WRs were so inexperienced. Romo was a total pimp, but that was no excuse. Imagine DWare fresh for every series-- that's a matchup nightmare

Rev

Staff member
Maybe, but I don't think last year's team was very good.....same for 2012..
I didnt say that they were a good team but if we run the ball against Green Bay then we win and in the playoffs.

D

Deuce

He always looks surprised.

I'm happy with this joke...said it multiple times. Going to keep doing it until someone lols.
I've chuckled, but not enough to drop a lol.

I will prop you for persistence though.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I didnt say that they were a good team but if we run the ball against Green Bay then we win and in the playoffs.
Well, even if we win that game, we still had to beat Philly which we did not.

We would have needed 2 more wins last season to get into the playoffs.

Rev

Staff member
Well, even if we win that game, we still had to beat Philly which we did not.

We would have needed 2 more wins last season to get into the playoffs.
I thought we had to beat Philly because we lost that game. I thought that was our first chance. Oh well If Im wrong then find another game where we bat crazy and forgot to run.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I still can't believe it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

WTH is Murray doing here? :lol

Top Bottom