Week 4 Gameday Chatter | Saints vs. Cowboys | 09/28/2014

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Blessing in disguise, or maybe not in disguise.

Might be his last game in a Cowboy uniform.
Good. Fuck that miserable, whiny, entitled twat. Our defense is better when he isn't on the field anyway.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Blessing in disguise, or maybe not in disguise.

Might be his last game in a Cowboy uniform.
I hope so.

Now we can stop giving him into the lineup just because of his draft pedigree. You saw what happened last night when Claiborne went down and we had to play the better but lesser known CBs.

Plays were being made that Claiborne rarely makes.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And that's how you do it. The Texans will put up a harder battle but in the meantime open another bag of chips and enjoy this win.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And that's how you do it. The Texans will put up a harder battle but in the meantime open another bag of chips and enjoy this win.
On paper, they should not lose this game.

They have Fitzpatrick starting at QB who has sucked out loud this year.

Their offense is struggling to put up points, and their run defense is one of the worst in the league.

It's been almost 2 years since I went into a game REALLY hoping for the Cowboys to win, but that's how I feel going in to this one. Living in this city, I absolutely cannot afford to lose this game.

Please, Cowboys.....keep up the good work.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd like to know how many snaps Spencer got last night. Feel like I saw him quite a bit.

Also Crawford is a much better fit at DT than DE. Though if a Warren Sapp fell to me I'd still make Crawford just part of the rotation.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Interesting note. They said during the week in the team podcasts and during pregames that the roof would be open.

All the signs were there that it would be.

Then it still wasn't. We never open that thing.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I'd like to know how many snaps Spencer got last night. Feel like I saw him quite a bit.

Also Crawford is a much better fit at DT than DE. Though if a Warren Sapp fell to me I'd still make Crawford just part of the rotation.
You were wrong about Crawford. Just admit it. How many times are you going to give him a backhanded compliment with a "but..."? Of course he'll just be part of a "rotation" if we take a Warren Sapp or not. We seem to be rotating a ton of guys on D Line. That seems like the plan.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Terrance Williams is basically Alvin Harper.
I think he's better. Harper was overrated. Deep threat. That's it. He wouldn't have caught that first TD that Williams had last night. He wasn't physical at all.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Interesting note. They said during the week in the team podcasts and during pregames that the roof would be open.

All the signs were there that it would be.

Then it still wasn't. We never open that thing.
Jerry Jones mind fucked the saints.

Newt

DCC 4Life
We are all quick to bash Romo when he makes mistakes, but he played a hell of a game last night too. Mistake free football in the passing game is something we rarely get to see and it happened last night. His 21 yard run for a first down was perfect, his throws were accurate, and he wasn't checking out of plays all night.

But that offensive line, WOW. The saints brought pressure all night and I think they only got to Romo once. Fred and Martin are crazy good working inside together, some of the zone blocks they were pulling off were a thing of beauty. The O-line deserves the game ball for sure.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The gaps between the CBs/LBs and the Ss were not as big last night. Against SF there were huge soft spots...part of that is playing man vs zone, but the S play is definitely better.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You were wrong about Crawford. Just admit it. How many times are you going to give him a backhanded compliment with a "but..."? Of course he'll just be part of a "rotation" if we take a Warren Sapp or not. We seem to be rotating a ton of guys on D Line. That seems like the plan.
I can't be "wrong" since I didn't say he played bad. I said he had to prove more before I'd pencil him in which is an opinion that can't be "wrong" since it's just my preference; and frankly to any non delusional homer it's still the most rational position since he still doesn't even have a single sack in his career.

It's only "backhanded" if you're a homer with hurt feelings about your favorite player. If you stopped and thought about it, it's actually incredibly encouraging that he's found a role. You can do that without penciling him in as the starter for the next decade however, and that's all I'm doing.

This is a guy no one had any expectations for after showing nothing for most of his career. I'm not giving him any contract extension yet.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Crawford was excellent last night and may end up having a trajectory like Hatcher did. We may even be able to get him on a cheap extension like we initially did with Hatcher. This in no way means we ignore the DL, but he is definitely a piece.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We are all quick to bash Romo when he makes mistakes, but he played a hell of a game last night too. Mistake free football in the passing game is something we rarely get to see and it happened last night. His 21 yard run for a first down was perfect, his throws were accurate, and he wasn't checking out of plays all night.

But that offensive line, WOW. The saints brought pressure all night and I think they only got to Romo once. Fred and Martin are crazy good working inside together, some of the zone blocks they were pulling off were a thing of beauty. The O-line deserves the game ball for sure.
Romo has had a great last 6 quarters of football.

The movement in the pocket, the escability, and the willingness to run are all excellent signs that suggest he's going to be healthier than many of us expected him to be. And I haven't even mentioned how accurate he's been in that time either.

These guys are playing far better than I could have ever imagined coming into the season, but we have to temper our expectations because of what we've seen in the past. The next 2 weeks will tell us if this team is the real deal or not.

If they're for real, they don't lose to the Texans at home. If they're for real, they follow up a Texans victory with a solid showing at Seattle. They don't have to win that game to prove their for real, but they have to have a solid showing, IMO.

This stretch right here reminds me of the stretch in 2009 when they proved they were to be taken seriously, and where they set the tone for the season. After coming off an OT win to get to 3-2 against the Chiefs, they had an impressive home win against Atlanta where they controlled the game from the beginning (similar to last night's game). Then they followed it up with another home game vs Seattle who were nothing special at the time (same scenario with the Texans coming up), where they were able to win yet again in impressive fashion.

That setup a showdown with Philly the next week where the Cowboys went on the road and won a big game and got to 6-2 and proved they were for real, and we all know how the rest of that season went.

This stretch right here is eerily similar, and I'm hoping they come away with the same positive outcome as they did 5 years ago.

Top Bottom