Archer: Like Pats, Cowboys have to do more with less

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I hold no illusions about Garrett, but I don't believe that it would be hard for the next coach to do worse.

This team is spit and bailing wire at this point. Yes a football Jesus gets them to 11-5 somehow, but I don't think many of them are lying around, or the 4 other teams that have been looking would have picked one up. Jerry much more likely makes a Switzer, Campo, Phillips hire, and we sit around talking fondly of lasting to week 17 to be eliminated.
:golfclap

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
and we sit around talking fondly of lasting to week 17 to be eliminated.
Somehow I doubt this, considering people were hoping we'd lose out by Thanksgiving. Some sooner than that. It's pretty much a majority thought that we need to bottom out before real change and improvement can be made. Pining away for the glorious days of 8-8 just doesn't seem plausible.

data

Forbes #1
Don't you guys have jobs? I missed all the good stuff.

Here's what I can contribute...prior to Seattle, Would Pete Carroll have been worthy enough of a Garrett firing?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Okay everyone let's pause for a moment to reflect on the matter of Schmitty' s recent accomplishment of winning a precident setting case. I feel he should include us at DCC in the footnotes as being major contributors. After all we have certainly been instrumental in honing his debate skills over the past few years. Come to think of it may be that we are possibly one of the prime reasons he graduated on time. What do you think?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Okay everyone let's pause for a moment to reflect on the matter of Schmitty' s recent accomplishment of winning a precident setting case. I feel he should include us at DCC in the footnotes as being major contributors. After all we have certainly been instrumental in honing his debate skills over the past few years. Come to think of it may be that we are possibly one of the prime reasons he graduated on time. What do you think?
Best post in the thread. :towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If this were a legal case, Schmitty would have lost it because frankly everything he brings up is circumstantial evidence.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Schmitty: Your honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, based on the evidence I have so eloquently provided, I move that Jason Garrett is actually an acceptable head coach.

Judge: ~stern look~

Jury: ~blinking~

Schmitty: ~under breath~ Well, I just do not agree.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hold no illusions about Garrett, but I don't believe that it would be hard for the next coach to do worse.

This team is spit and bailing wire at this point. Yes a football Jesus gets them to 11-5 somehow, but I don't think many of them are lying around, or the 4 other teams that have been looking would have picked one up. Jerry much more likely makes a Switzer, Campo, Phillips hire, and we sit around talking fondly of lasting to week 17 to be eliminated.
Sure. But if you look at Garrett's body of work, there have been a handful of games, each and every year, where you can look directly at some in-game sloppiness that led to a loss.

If anything, he's underachieved. If he learned the run is actually okay, and learned how to coach situational football better, he'd be exactly what his defenders imagine he is.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Schmitty: Your honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, based on the evidence I have so eloquently provided, I move that Jason Garrett is actually an acceptable head coach.

Judge: ~stern look~

Jury: ~blinking~

Schmitty: ~under breath~ Well, I just do not agree.
:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And before we continue the Schmattiness, the real question isn't whether another coach could succeed in Jones effed up structure.

I just don't think he's a victim of it.

In fact, he's more equipped to deal with Jerry than most because of the mutual comfort level.

Another Parcells ain't coming in that door. So the only alternative is the likes of this guy.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

wait, smitty won a precedent setting case?

That's awesome. Congrats Smitty.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
wait, smitty won a precedent setting case?

That's awesome. Congrats Smitty.
I may have oversold it. It's just a local tax case that actually placed a limitation on what the local Property Tax Assessment Office can classify as a taxable part of the real estate. Normally the upper courts back the lower courts in those matters so I was expecting a loss, but hey, sometimes they surprise you. Score one for anti-tax forces.

And its gonna be a reported opinion, so yeah, it'll be precedential on like Lexis Nexus and Westlaw and stuff, I guess. :towel

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I may have oversold it. It's just a local tax case that actually placed a limitation on what the local Property Tax Assessment Office can classify as a taxable part of the real estate. Normally the upper courts back the lower courts in those matters so I was expecting a loss, but hey, sometimes they surprise you. Score one for anti-tax forces.

And its gonna be a reported opinion, so yeah, it'll be precedential on like Lexis Nexus and Westlaw and stuff, I guess. :towel

No, that's definitely very cool. Cheers.

Top Bottom