2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
If you get McClain at his best days he is a beast. But I remember him looking like he wasn't even trying on the field last year. Like he just didn't give a shit. And maybe that was because our team sucked and he had just given up. Something that he wouldn't encounter this year. But at this point I don't know how you can trust McClain and not be concerned that it would mess with the chemistry this defense has built at this point.
This is the biggest issue. I brought it up in an earlier post, even though I was wrong about his salary counting against the cap- you still have to figure Jerry is keeping the guy in the Cowboys plans, even though he probably can't play himself back into shape in 4-5 games to be a factor. And that's only because of his reported laziness in working out and keeping himself in shape while he waits for his suspension to end.

I guess my point is...Jerry has a history of hanging his hat on players coming off injury, coming off suspensions, etc as reasons why they don't upgrade positions whether its thru FA or the draft.

So to hear Jerry even mention McClains name gives me the chronic shits.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is the biggest issue. I brought it up in an earlier post, even though I was wrong about his salary counting against the cap- you still have to figure Jerry is keeping the guy in the Cowboys plans, even though he probably can't play himself back into shape in 4-5 games to be a factor. And that's only because of his reported laziness in working out and keeping himself in shape while he waits for his suspension to end.

I guess my point is...Jerry has a history of hanging his hat on players coming off injury, coming off suspensions, etc as reasons why they don't upgrade positions whether its thru FA or the draft.

So to hear Jerry even mention McClains name gives me the chronic shits.
Oh my! Send out for more toilet paper.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

I get the FBs confused...but isn't he the one that's been in most of the games?

Cotton

Staff member
No, the one that has been in on the offense most is Keith, who used to play LBer for us.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No, the one that has been in on the offense most is Keith, who used to play LBer for us.
And Keith is the brother of the LB who still can't feel his knee, but is supposed to be the black Sean Lee...correct?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, this is the one who is Jaylon Smith's cousin. Played almost exclusively special teams and is more of a FB/RB hybrid then a pure blocking FB.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Maybe this will stimulate the nerves in that knee.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fisher is stating that Dallas is activating CB Leon McFadden off the practice squad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fisher is stating that Dallas is activating CB Leon McFadden off the practice squad.
Makes sense. You can't really go into a game with only 3 CBs on your roster. Hell if a team goes four wide you're screwed. Of course we could have moved Byron Jones to corner in those situations but the injury to Church sort of makes that impossible as well. Basically this move makes a lot of sense.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Makes sense. You can't really go into a game with only 3 CBs on your roster. Hell if a team goes four wide you're screwed. Of course we could have moved Byron Jones to corner in those situations but the injury to Church sort of makes that impossible as well. Basically this move makes a lot of sense.
We have Heath.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have Heath.
You know, he isn't nearly as god awful as he used to be. I still don't want to see him on the field but I can still remember what a massive liability he can be. Last year he got a good amount of playing time and really wasn't that bad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know, he isn't nearly as god awful as he used to be. I still don't want to see him on the field but I can still remember what a massive liability he can be. Last year he got a good amount of playing time and really wasn't that bad.
But yet they have been reluctant to get him on the field on defense. He made more headlines for being the kicker replacement.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But yet they have been reluctant to get him on the field on defense. He made more headlines for being the kicker replacement.
Well lets not confuse good with "not god awful." And listening to Marinelli it sounds like he really wants to use him more now. When you are already rotating 3 safeties, it's hard to really fit in a spot for a fourth. Well until now after an injury.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is getting really good as a zone runner. The first couple of games this season he was not seeing the cutbacks in our zone scheme. But man is he seeing them now and it's giving him some really nice runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom