2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Browns just acquired 27 year old Pro Bowl LB Jamie Collins from the Pats for a third round pick.

That is the kind of move I might have made if I was Dallas. Though to beat Clevelands third I'd have to give up a second and I'm not going that high.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Browns just acquired 27 year old Pro Bowl LB Jamie Collins from the Pats for a third round pick.

That is the kind of move I might have made if I was Dallas. Though to beat Clevelands third I'd have to give up a second and I'm not going that high.
He is a free agent also right?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He is a free agent also right?
Most likely if he and the Browns can't come to a contract agreement, they will put the tag on him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most likely if he and the Browns can't come to a contract agreement, they will put the tag on him.
Jamie Collins is a nice player and all but what makes him think he is worth Von Miller money? I wouldn't even offer the guy franchise tag money.

At least a trade would have made sense for a team like the Cowboys this season. We are one of the top teams in the NFL and a guy like Collins might push us over the top. The Browns just make zero sense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jamie Collins is a nice player and all but what makes him think he is worth Von Miller money? I wouldn't even offer the guy franchise tag money.

At least a trade would have made sense for a team like the Cowboys this season. We are one of the top teams in the NFL and a guy like Collins might push us over the top. The Browns just make zero sense.
Yea, I was about to post the same thing.

The Browns are awful and have no chance of going anywhere this season. Why on earth make this trade?

I understand Collins is a good young player and if you're the Browns, you probably want to build your team around good young players, but did they really want or need him that bad to send a 3rd rounder for him in the middle of an awful season?

I can't recall another bad team like this acquiring a player via trade in the middle of a season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yea, I was about to post the same thing.

The Browns are awful and have no chance of going anywhere this season. Why on earth make this trade?

I understand Collins is a good young player and if you're the Browns, you probably want to build your team around good young players, but did they really want or need him that bad to send a 3rd rounder for him in the middle of an awful season?

I can't recall another bad team like this acquiring a player via trade in the middle of a season.
They must feel pretty confident they can sign Collins long term.

Lookit, they need all the good players that they can get. I don't think it was a bad trade for them.

That said, I don't see how any team feels comfortable trading for someone Belichick doesn't want.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Browns have over 40 million in cap space now and next year this guy is young enough and good enough that you look to make him a core guy.

I have no problem with this trade for that team especially only a 3rd.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Patriots could've just let Collins walk after this year and probably gotten a similar compensatory pick for him, on top of having him for the rest of the year.

I mean, unless I'm missing something is this guy not the best LB on the team, perhaps their best front 7 player?

Him and Chandler Jones were considered their top two building blocks on the front 7 and now they're gone, I get that Jones had some issues with injuries and laying out in front of a cop station naked or whatever, but what is going on with Collins?

I feel like the Patriots get overconfident at times in their ability to replace players and then kind of leave themselves with fatal flaws, this may be one of those times.

I mean yea, I get that Brady is back and you're running trains on shit teams like the Browns and Bills, but I don't think trading your most talented front 7 player is going to be such a great idea when you're playing a team like the Steelers, unless something was going on behind closed doors of course.

Cotton

Staff member
Speaking of the Collins situation, did you all know that you can trade comp picks now? Supposedly, they changed that rule. I had no idea.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Patriots could've just let Collins walk after this year and probably gotten a similar compensatory pick for him, on top of having him for the rest of the year.

I mean, unless I'm missing something is this guy not the best LB on the team, perhaps their best front 7 player?

Him and Chandler Jones were considered their top two building blocks on the front 7 and now they're gone, I get that Jones had some issues with injuries and laying out in front of a cop station naked or whatever, but what is going on with Collins?

I feel like the Patriots get overconfident at times in their ability to replace players and then kind of leave themselves with fatal flaws, this may be one of those times.

I mean yea, I get that Brady is back and you're running trains on shit teams like the Browns and Bills, but I don't think trading your most talented front 7 player is going to be such a great idea when you're playing a team like the Steelers, unless something was going on behind closed doors of course.
I have been hearing (On NFL Radio) Belichick was pissed that he was free lancing and it was causing them to give up big plays. Basically the Patriots were already starting to limit the guys snaps and it seems like once you get in Belichick's dog house you're gone. Instead of you know, like trying to fix things with a talented player.

I honestly think this was a stupid trade for both teams.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Guy told Belichick he wanted more than 11 mil per year.

Bill got mad and traded his ass to the worst team in the league. :lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

It's the Patriots so they get the benefit of the doubt, but the Pats aren't perfect and they've made mistakes in the past by undervaluing guys and letting them go.

I hope it happens again to them this year.

Cotton

Staff member

~Berman headswing~

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Wow.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

Asked whether the Cowboys would keep Dak Prescott would remain the starter once Tony Romo is fully healthy on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, Jerry Jones acknowledged the possibility of riding the hot hand but said, "I don't want to speculate on what we'll do when the time comes." Jones said he did not know whether Romo would be available Nov. 13 at Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom