The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Kaepernick has every right to not stand for the anthem. I still am trying to figure out who or what he is protesting. He is seeing things happen to people who don't have a voice or platform to be heard on. Way to be vague. Oh...Clinton and Trump are racists too, based on comments they made recently and years ago.

This is the same Kaepernick who was fined for using a racial slur to Lamar Houston and so eloquently compared the destruction he would do in Houston to the flooding they had in 2015. Yeah...he is a really good voice of the common man.

~kisses bicep and points to a tree~

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Wow that quote probably encapsulates how I feel pretty precisely.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Kaepernick has every right to not stand for the anthem. I still am trying to figure out who or what he is protesting. He is seeing things happen to people who don't have a voice or platform to be heard on. Way to be vague. Oh...Clinton and Trump are racists too, based on comments they made recently and years ago.

This is the same Kaepernick who was fined for using a racial slur to Lamar Houston and so eloquently compared the destruction he would do in Houston to the flooding they had in 2015. Yeah...he is a really good voice of the common man.

I'm all for him doing it just to piss people off.

Better than being a nation of head nodders.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

It's called biting the hand that feeds you. It's not the country that creates the inequities.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Post more, seriously.

Genghis Khan

While that may be true theoretically, I don't think we've been in danger of being a nation of head nodders in a long long time.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
While that may be true theoretically, I don't think we've been in danger of being a nation of head nodders in a long long time.
Yet all dems consider those voting for Drumpf a bunch of mouthbreathing head nodders and these consider all those voting for HRC soul less head nodders...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is a QB whose career is on the verge of ending. This whole thing reeks more of attention grabbing desperation move than actually trying to make a point or improve anything.

Carp

DCC 4Life

That is fine if you have a clearly defined agenda...which Kaepernick does not seem to have. Give specific examples of just exactly what he is railing against. That would have far more impact.

I look at black sports figures/leaders from years past. Ali, Abdul-Jabbar, Russell, Brown...all these men had a clear message about the issues they were railing against. Kaepernick is referencing bodies in the street, people getting paid leave, and people getting away with murder. His message would carry much more merit if he pointed out specific incidents.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Rodney Harrison has come out and said Kaep is not black enough to comment on this. :unsure

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That is fine if you have a clearly defined agenda...which Kaepernick does not seem to have. Give specific examples of just exactly what he is railing against. That would have far more impact.

I look at black sports figures/leaders from years past. Ali, Abdul-Jabbar, Russell, Brown...all these men had a clear message about the issues they were railing against. Kaepernick is referencing bodies in the street, people getting paid leave, and people getting away with murder. His message would carry much more merit if he pointed out specific incidents.
Have you read his statement after he converted to Islam? The blue eyed whites are the problem and should be eliminated. There is more.

https://www.ncscooper.com/colin-kaepernick-converts-to-islam/

Don't know how legit this is.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

I agree. If someone wants to make a statement in this way I have no problem with it, but Kaepernick's reasoning seems pretty general and vague. Jackie Robinson pretty much had the same mindset where he would not stand for/sing the national anthem. This was basically because racism/segregation was so blatant, rampant, and even legal at that time. Certainly a different time now and Kaepernick has never had to endure anything remotely similar to what Robinson did though so it seems kind of lame when he does it.

All in all though if someone chooses not to participate I don't get all worked up. But I am not of the 'no matter what' mindset when it comes to showing outward support to the country. The whole flag waving, 'Merica!, "love it or leave it" mindset is not me. At all. I am glad to have been born and raised in the USA but I get it that there is another side to it and I do not begrudge those people for taking that stance.

But it does come off as kind of a lame attention grab from a guy whose NFL career is slipping away and who seems to be desperately struggling with his identity.

Genghis Khan

Have you read his statement after he converted to Islam? The blue eyed whites are the problem and should be eliminated. There is more.

:lol

Here is the about section for that "news" site:

About the Nevada County Scooper

The Nevada County Scooper was founded in 1914 by Fred Bloomfield III, esq. and his wife Vinalla A. Bloomfield. Throughout its 92 year history the Scooper, as it is affectionately called by locals, has striven to provide its citizens with the most up to date and hard-hitting journalism ever witnessed by mankind. As the recipient of many awards, the Scooper recently ran out of wall space in its Penn Valley office after receiving a Gold Record from long time supporter and Nevada County Scooper reader, fan and supporter Alice Cooper.

Early History
In its early days the Nevada County Scooper was published from downtown Grass Valley and was the chief competitor to another, to be unnamed, local newspaper. During this time, the Scooper did not own a printing press, nor did they have the courage to borrow one. And frankly they didn’t have the funds either. So the Scooper relied solely on shouting at people on the street to circulate the news. Later in the 1930s, the Scooper expanded its shouting service to Nevada City, often paying vagrants to assault citizens with news. Mr. Bloomfield was a firm believer in enlightened self-interest and believed that he was serving both the community and the paper’s interests. Also, he really liked to yell.

Middle History

In 1949, after 17 long years of World War II, the Scooper finally purchased a printing press. However due to the untimely death of Mr. Bloomfield’s wife in a bizarre gardening accident, he decided to sell his holdings in the newspaper to the Hearst Corporation for an undisclosed sum. The monies from this transaction were used for various failed housing developments around Nevada County including the infamous “retirement homes over Wolf Creek” project. The few homes that were built, fell into the creek after the record snow melt of 1951.

Following the abrupt departure of Scooper Publisher Charles Foster Kane in 1952, “the Great Savior” who is also known as David Covino took the Scooper’s helm and turned the struggling paper around into a profitable enterprise. Mr. Covino stayed in charge until 1989 when a trust fund alcoholic named Harold F. Buck took over and nearly destroyed the Scooper with reckless spending, all-night parties and lots of company-purchased booze. He managed to stay the publisher until 2011, when he was found blacked-out at Greenhorn creek.

Fresh History

After over 94 years in the news business, the a holding company sold the Scooper and its assets to former Fresno State math genius Randall “Fink” Finkelstein. Fink immediately set out to build a world-class local newspaper, as he put it, “for the rest of us in Nevada County…and maybe Sierra County if I can ever get up there.” His goal of bringing worldly worldliness and his insightful blog commentary to Nevada County is first and foremost. Unless there’s money to be made in Sierra City. Then he will include them as well.

Louis “Lou” LaPlante brings Louisiana Swamp Smarts to the Scooper’s Management team. His direct and strict style provides editorial leadership in uncertain times. Lou provides editorial veto power, and is a guiding force in the Scooper’s success. He was instrumental in assembling the modern Scooper team and keeping us from spending all the profits on booze.

The Future

Fink hopes one day to put everyone in a flying car. Louis “Lou” LaPlante, the Scooper’s editor at large and President, will to retire to Cedar Ridge once he gets his paperwork in order.

:picard

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

You don't know how legit this is?

“I want to lead America to become my very own Caliphate,” answered Kaepernick to some very sour faces. “I will lead the Islamic Jihad here in America. This has been coming for some time, well, ever since I found out that Osama Bin Laden was my biological father.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Here is the about section for that "news" site:

About the Nevada County Scooper

The Nevada County Scooper was founded in 1914 by Fred Bloomfield III, esq. and his wife Vinalla A. Bloomfield. Throughout its 92 year history the Scooper, as it is affectionately called by locals, has striven to provide its citizens with the most up to date and hard-hitting journalism ever witnessed by mankind. As the recipient of many awards, the Scooper recently ran out of wall space in its Penn Valley office after receiving a Gold Record from long time supporter and Nevada County Scooper reader, fan and supporter Alice Cooper.

Early History
In its early days the Nevada County Scooper was published from downtown Grass Valley and was the chief competitor to another, to be unnamed, local newspaper. During this time, the Scooper did not own a printing press, nor did they have the courage to borrow one. And frankly they didn’t have the funds either. So the Scooper relied solely on shouting at people on the street to circulate the news. Later in the 1930s, the Scooper expanded its shouting service to Nevada City, often paying vagrants to assault citizens with news. Mr. Bloomfield was a firm believer in enlightened self-interest and believed that he was serving both the community and the paper’s interests. Also, he really liked to yell.

Middle History

In 1949, after 17 long years of World War II, the Scooper finally purchased a printing press. However due to the untimely death of Mr. Bloomfield’s wife in a bizarre gardening accident, he decided to sell his holdings in the newspaper to the Hearst Corporation for an undisclosed sum. The monies from this transaction were used for various failed housing developments around Nevada County including the infamous “retirement homes over Wolf Creek” project. The few homes that were built, fell into the creek after the record snow melt of 1951.

Following the abrupt departure of Scooper Publisher Charles Foster Kane in 1952, “the Great Savior” who is also known as David Covino took the Scooper’s helm and turned the struggling paper around into a profitable enterprise. Mr. Covino stayed in charge until 1989 when a trust fund alcoholic named Harold F. Buck took over and nearly destroyed the Scooper with reckless spending, all-night parties and lots of company-purchased booze. He managed to stay the publisher until 2011, when he was found blacked-out at Greenhorn creek.

Fresh History

After over 94 years in the news business, the a holding company sold the Scooper and its assets to former Fresno State math genius Randall “Fink” Finkelstein. Fink immediately set out to build a world-class local newspaper, as he put it, “for the rest of us in Nevada County…and maybe Sierra County if I can ever get up there.” His goal of bringing worldly worldliness and his insightful blog commentary to Nevada County is first and foremost. Unless there’s money to be made in Sierra City. Then he will include them as well.

Louis “Lou” LaPlante brings Louisiana Swamp Smarts to the Scooper’s Management team. His direct and strict style provides editorial leadership in uncertain times. Lou provides editorial veto power, and is a guiding force in the Scooper’s success. He was instrumental in assembling the modern Scooper team and keeping us from spending all the profits on booze.

The Future

Fink hopes one day to put everyone in a flying car. Louis “Lou” LaPlante, the Scooper’s editor at large and President, will to retire to Cedar Ridge once he gets his paperwork in order.

:picard
So is the article on Kapernick legit or bogus?

Top Bottom