MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What, is there not a "Mark Appel May Be the Best All-Around Pitcher in the AL" article out there somewhere? :shrug

Too soon? :unsure

Astros---> :laff <---Cubs
:lol

Was wondering what the Astros angle was but now I know. I love it even more.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I hope he's the Ken Griffey Jr of his generation. Great talent, top player in the game, 0 rings.
I really hope in a few months to be able to post a pic of Joe Maddon showing off his championship ring. Even better if if Ben Zobrist is in the shot flashing his ring. Both of those guys deserve it after playing in such a WGAS baseball city as Tampa for so long.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I really hope in a few months to be able to post a pic of Joe Maddon showing off his championship ring. Even better if if Ben Zobrist is in the shot flashing his ring. Both of those guys deserve it after playing in such a WGAS baseball city as Tampa for so long.
Gloves are off. Stand back, boys.

D

Deuce

Zobrist deserved a ring and got his last year. Joe can fuck off.

D

Deuce

Deuce's bitterness over Joe Maddon leaving the Rays for the Cubs will not subside despite the fact that Maddon led that team to a lot of success.
That's my problem with him. He was the perfect guy for the teams we had and then walked on them. Now we're stuck with a shit stain manager who can't fill out a lineup card correctly, much less get more out of his players than one expects.

Rev

Staff member
Rangers to sign Carlos Gomez. Did not expect any interest but I guess they leave no stone unturned.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What, is there not a "Mark Appel May Be the Best All-Around Pitcher in the AL" article out there somewhere? :shrug

Too soon? :unsure

Astros---> :laff <---Cubs
Bryant would make us instant contenders and would fit in seamlessly with this young infield.:sad

Rev

Staff member
And he will immediately return to form.:picard

How much play do you think he will get?
Its a minor league deal so wouldnt expect him until September or if another injury occurs. Banister will play him, though. Unlike Washington he will play all of his players. He will probably have to go to a corner outfield if he wants playing time. He isnt going to take over for Desmond.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well at least Bregman is looking like the real deal after starting 0-30+.

Hitting over 300 in his last 10 games and slugging over 500.

AJ Reed has looked better as well was starting to think all of our prospects were going to disappoint which would have made this season a real downer.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Its a minor league deal so wouldnt expect him until September or if another injury occurs. Banister will play him, though. Unlike Washington he will play all of his players. He will probably have to go to a corner outfield if he wants playing time. He isnt going to take over for Desmond.
I see.

Rev

Staff member
Banister said he will be the everyday LFer when he comes up. I would think with him being that confident about it that they think its just something mental with him and can turn him around.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Bryant would make us instant contenders and would fit in seamlessly with this young infield.:sad
It looks like a terrible decision now but Appel was supposed to be a can't miss top of the rotation guy. Seemed like a fine pick at the time. I didn't know anything about Bryant when the Cubs picked him and was hoping for an arm since they lacked high end pitching prospects, but quickly became excited when I read about him and saw what he did to college pitching. He is a strong contender for NL MVP right now. If he wins the award his accolades over the past 4 years will be College Player of the Year, Minor League Player of the Year, NL Rookie of the Year, and NL MVP. That is flat out getting it done.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
BOOM! Dinger from YUUUUUUUUUUUUU last night.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Red Sox in the WC lead, Yu hitting CF bombs.

Baseball life is good right now.

Cotton

Staff member
This made me chuckle:

Rev

Staff member
[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION] Gomez first at bat as a ranger: 3 run HR.

Top Bottom