One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Wow.

Cotton

Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think that's stupid. We have basically been building the pieces for the 4-3 since we cut ties with the old 3-4 guys (Ware) and are finally on the verge of seeing some of those guys emerge (Demarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory and Anthony Hitchens) and now you want to swap back to the 3-4. It's dumb, pick a style of build it. Changing for the sake of changing is dumb.
Lawrence and especially Gregory are probably better 3-4 OLBs than 4-3 DEs. Crawford was drafted for the 3-4, Hitchens would be just as suited to ILB. The only real problem would be acquiring a NT.

Cotton

Staff member
Lions sign Lamar Holmes

Posted by Josh Alper on February 12, 2016, 1:10 PM EST

The Lions rushed for the fewest yards in the NFL last season and had issues protecting quarterback Matthew Stafford for a good part of the year, so the offensive line is expected to be an area they look to upgrade this offseason.

The bigger moves on that front will have to wait for a little bit, but the team made a move to bring another player into the mix on Friday. The Lions announced that they have signed former Falcons tackle Lamar Holmes.

Holmes was a third-round pick by Atlanta in 2012 and started 19 games during the 2013 and 2014 seasons before a broken foot sent him to injured reserve early in the latter campaign. He spent the first 12 weeks of the 2015 season on the PUP list because of further issues with the foot before being released with an injury settlement.

Holmes will likely fall into the mix at right tackle for Detroit. The Lions cycled through several of them last year with Michael Ola closing out the year. Ola is set to be a free agent and the team will likely be looking to add other options at the spot as the offseason progresses.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lawrence and especially Gregory are probably better 3-4 OLBs than 4-3 DEs. Crawford was drafted for the 3-4, Hitchens would be just as suited to ILB. The only real problem would be acquiring a NT.
All of that sounds great. Sounds just like the same shit that the Bills where saying when they switched to a 3-4. It stunts everyone's growth. You teach a guy how to put his hand on the ground and rush the passer and maintain his responsibilities. Then you pull the rug out and tell them we are going to teach you to do something totally different. We need players on defense regardless. The switch to a 3-4 does nothing to help that. Additionally we have had guys like Gregory and Lawrence bulking up as 4-3 ends. Right now we need a NT and a LBer. If we switch to a 3-4 we still need a NT and a DE. So what did you really just accomplish except to stunt the growth of players you already have.

Like I said, it's stupid.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Wow.

That only averages out to around 5 more snaps a game over that time.

Cotton

Staff member
That only averages out to around 5 more snaps a game over that time.
Yeah, but you add it up over 8 years and it's a lot more wear.

Cotton

Staff member
Dolphins cut Coples, McCain

Posted by Zac Jackson on February 12, 2016, 4:39 PM EST

The Dolphins released cornerback Brice McCain and defensive end Quinton Coples Friday.

McCain lasted one season in Miami after a big year with the Steelers in 2014 helped him land $3 million in guarantees from the Dolphins on the open market.

McCain, 29, was due to make $2.5 million in 2016. He finished 2015 with one interception, 10 pass breakups and 31 tackles in 11 starts.

Coples was claimed off waivers from the Jets last November. He played in six games for the Dolphins without recording any stats.

A first-round pick of the Jets in 2012, Coples has 16.5 career sacks but had none last season.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah, but you add it up over 8 years and it's a lot more wear.
Would also have to see who they used. I know Murray had a lot last year but not all 8 years naturally. It Just said 500 over that span. Well 500 over a guy like Murray who had half the years may not be that much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There are a shit ton of reclamation projects available right now.

And of course, our shitty pro personnel department headed by Judd GARRETT, will do jack and shit.

Rev

Staff member
There are a shit ton of reclamation projects available right now.

And of course, our shitty pro personnel department headed by Judd GARRETT, will do jack and shit.
He is hiding. Scared that Jerry will fire him, too.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Wow.

That plus his age is a bad combination.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Would also have to see who they used. I know Murray had a lot last year but not all 8 years naturally. It Just said 500 over that span. Well 500 over a guy like Murray who had half the years may not be that much.
Also we are talking snaps, not carries.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The rankings are a little odd. At least I'm very confused why Muhammad Wilkerson is ranked so low? Is it because he has some question marks off the field? On the field he is the most dominant D-lineman in free agency. 12 sacks is excellent for the position he plays.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The rankings are a little odd. At least I'm very confused why Muhammad Wilkerson is ranked so low? Is it because he has some question marks off the field? On the field he is the most dominant D-lineman in free agency. 12 sacks is excellent for the position he plays.
Well, he is recovering from a broken leg, so there's that.

I question why on earth a bust like Mark Barron is ranked like he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom