Cowboys Sign Two OL

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nick Eatman@nickeatman 3m Cowboys roster moves: Signed G Jeff Olson (TCU) & OT James Nelson (UTEP)... Cut CB Devin Smith, DE Cameron Sheffield.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And, no Robert T. Griffin, so that was untrue.

Also.... love how Cameron Sheffield was tearing it up before and is now on the unemployment line.

junk

Not So New Member
Sorry my source was playing a trick on me

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am just happy we dumped a CB for an OL body. That's sad.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's so funny how this organization is so all over the place with it's beliefs. Now they're ok a youth kick and act like they can't sign anybody over the age of 25 or who has actually, you know, played some kind of meaningful snaps in the NFL before.

You can actually find established free agents out there right now who can come in and play an important role for this year. Jacoby Jones was signed by the Ravens last year around this time, Brian Waters by the Patriots the year before. The key is to just sign them to an inexpensive 1 year deal, it might cost a million or two more than these schlubs but you might actually get some value aside from just a camp body.

God this front office is retarded.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's so funny how this organization is so all over the place with it's beliefs. Now they're ok a youth kick and act like they can't sign anybody over the age of 25 or who has actually, you know, played some kind of meaningful snaps in the NFL before.

You can actually find established free agents out there right now who can come in and play an important role for this year. Jacoby Jones was signed by the Ravens last year around this time, Brian Waters by the Patriots the year before. The key is to just sign them to an inexpensive 1 year deal, it might cost a million or two more than these schlubs but you might actually get some value aside from just a camp body.

God this front office is retarded.
Money has a lot to do with it.

They are pinching pennies. They won't bring in any vested veteran until after week one just so they can avoid the guaranteed salary.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

They are pinching pennies. They won't bring in any vested veteran until after week one just so they can avoid the guaranteed salary.
Because we're going to do so much with this 8 million or whatever in cap space that we have.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I never understood that logic. If you are going to bring the guy in and you plan on having him on the roster all year, what difference does it make if the salary is guaranteed if you plan on keeping him and paying him the money anyway?

There might be a slight risk but these aren't exactly guys breaking the bank anyway.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I never understood that logic. If you are going to bring the guy in and you plan on having him on the roster all year, what difference does it make if the salary is guaranteed if you plan on keeping him and paying him the money anyway?

There might be a slight risk but these aren't exactly guys breaking the bank anyway.
The logic is if they are satisfied with what they have "when healthy" why bring in anyone you would have to pay.

In other words, they love this OL...it's just beat up and stuff.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Ok, I'm confused... the OP says G, in the clip above he looks to be playing RT, but in the clip below, he is the LT:

Lotuseater

Banned
Ok, I'm confused... the OP says G, in the clip above he looks to be playing RT, but in the clip below, he is the LT:

WGAS. He sucks.

Top Bottom