Eagles’ Riley Cooper apologizes for using racial slur at Kenny Chesney concert

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
BY JAIME URIBARRI / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

'I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself,' Cooper wrote on Twitter in a statement that was also released by the Eagles. Cooper, who is white, is expected to be the Eagles' No. 2 wide receiver this season.

It's safe to say that Riley Cooper isn't the most popular player in the Philadelphia Eagles locker room right now.

The 25-year-old wide receiver is in serious damage-control mode after being caught on camera using a racial slur during a Kenny Chesney concert in June.

"I will jump that fence and fight every n----- here," Cooper is heard saying in the newly-surfaced YouTube clip that was picked up by Philadelphia sports blog CrossingBroad.com.

The shocking footage spread like wildfire online, forcing Cooper, who is white, to issue a public apology within hours.

"I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself," Cooper wrote on Twitter in a statement that was also released by the Eagles.

"I want to apologize. I have been offensive. I have apologized to my coach, to Jeffrey Lurie, to Howie Roseman and to my teammates. I owe an apology to the fans and to this community. I am so ashamed, but there are no excuses. What I did was wrong and I will accept the consequences."

The Eagles quickly condemned Cooper, who is expected to replace the injured Jeremy Maclin as the Eagles' No. 2 receiver, for his language and fined him an undisclosed amount.

“We are shocked and appalled by Riley Cooper’s words. This sort of behavior or attitude from anyone has no role in a civil society," Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. "He has accepted responsibility for his words and his actions. He has been fined for this incident.“

Cooper told NFL.com he almost cried when Maclin tore his ACL in practice over the weekend, but that compassionate side was nowhere to be seen earlier this summer at the Kenny Chesney concert. In addition to his racist outburst, the receiver was filmed getting into a physical altercation in the Lincoln Financial Field parking lot before the show.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lurie has come out and bitched at him and the league is threatening sanctions.

It is just unreal how people are overreacting. He's a redneck, they kinda get drunk say that kinda stuff. It's a word. Get over it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

At a Kenny Chesney concert, you can't make this stuff up.
I can't believe there were even black people at a Chesney concert.

In fact, the idea he was even at a Chesney concert excuses his behavior. He's obviously an idiot and should not be judged like other mentally competent people.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Marcus Vick just tweeted out a $1000 bounty for any safety that takes out Cooper.

:picard

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Marcus Vick just tweeted out a $1000 bounty for any safety that takes out Cooper.

:picard
Marcus Vick offers Twitter bounty on Cooper

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 31, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT

While Marcus Vick has proven himself to be a clod long ago, he’s still the brother of Eagles quarterback Michael Vick.

So when Eagles wide receiver Riley Cooper embarrassed himself with a racist remark that was caught on video, Marcus Vick began another stream of consciousness (?) on Twitter.

In a string of messages, Marcus Vick said among other things that he wanted to put a bounty on Cooper, offering $1,000 to a player to “light his a– up.”

He also referred to his brother’s teammate as a “Peace of s—.“

The Vick brother who is good at football has told the one who isn’t to pipe down before. If he wanted to try to keep a team together, which is part of a quarterback’s job, telling Marcus to put a sock in it might help.

But with Cooper set to talk to teammates tonight to try to mend fences, Marcus is, yet again, not helping his brother’s efforts.
---------------

AHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Cotton

Staff member
I didn't even know that he was still in the league.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is amazing to me how big it is getting. The Eagles themselves overreacted. Cooper is overreacting by calling a "team meeting".

Wow.

Just hilarious.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Folks,

I know that Riley Cooper of the Eagles has recently made some racial comments that are less then flattering towards African Americans. I know this story is picking up steam and I completely understand why but please, please, please, do not post video of his comments. If you want to post links that are about the story or other video that pertains to the story but does not contain the actual video of Cooper, that is fine.

I just don't want repeated threads containing the footage of Cooper acting like an idiot. This is not the kind of board we ever want to be.

Thank you!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What's incredible to me is that everyone is pretending that word has (read in overcompensating Chris Berman voice) never ever, ever been uttered on a football field, or in a locker room, by anyone, black or white.

I am pretty sure his teammates know what kind of guy he is. If he's a racist dick, I am sure they know. If he's not, they know too.

It will be real interesting to see how this shakes out.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Folks,

I know that Riley Cooper of the Eagles has recently made some racial comments that are less then flattering towards African Americans. I know this story is picking up steam and I completely understand why but please, please, please, do not post video of his comments. If you want to post links that are about the story or other video that pertains to the story but does not contain the actual video of Cooper, that is fine.

I just don't want repeated threads containing the footage of Cooper acting like an idiot. This is not the kind of board we ever want to be.

Thank you!
:lol

I can take one guess who wrote that. The Zone Dad

Cotton

Staff member
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m
RT @Jeff_McLane Vick on his brother Marcus' Twitter comments: "I don't agree with what my brother is saying."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m
RT @Jeff_McLane Vick on his brother Marcus' Twitter comments: "I don't agree with what my brother is saying."
I am sure he has to apologize a lot for that little thugtard.

Cotton

Staff member
I am sure he has to apologize a lot for that little thugtard.
And, that's saying a lot knowing it's Mike Vick having to apologize.

Think about that for a second.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

Whoever the girl was that was with him knew he made a major faux pas as soon as the word came out of his mouth. She played the "if I scream loud enough I will distract everyone from noticing" gambit.

The irony was that the concert was that the Link. "No, nobody will recognize me here."

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
This is amazing to me how big it is getting. The Eagles themselves overreacted. Cooper is overreacting by calling a "team meeting".
Cooper: "I would like to take this time to apologize to all the Coons on the team. Whoops! I mean, "Coon-Americans" on the team..."

Top Bottom