Romo says this year’s Cowboys are “most complete team” he’s played on

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tony Romo says this year’s Cowboys are “most complete team” he’s played on

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on July 25, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT

The Dallas Cowboys are just four days into training camp practices and quarterback Tony Romo already likes what he’s seeing.

In a SiriusXM NFL Radio interview with FOXSports1′s Alex Marvez and co-host Gil Brandt, Romo says this year’s Cowboys team is the “most complete team” he’s been on in his 11 seasons in Dallas. If Romo’s assessment is correct, that would mean this year’s Cowboys team is more talented than the group that posted an NFC best 13-3 record in 2007. Romo’s belief stems from what he’s seen from the players and coaching staff this offseason and is confident in their ability to take a step forward this season.

“We went through a phase where we kind of had to reshuffle some things,” Romo said. “Some of the older guys were going out and newer guys were coming in. Now, we’re kind of getting to where these guys have played and been in the system a little bit.

“I’m excited where this team is at right now. I think this team can compete at a very high level for the next three to five years for sure.”

The Cowboys are looking to return to the postseason for the first time in four years. Romo will have more of a say in the direction of the offense this year and will be the key piece for Dallas if they are able to live up to Romo’s own expectations this season.

-------------

Three to five years, eh? I guess we are looking at Romo's own personal timetable as well.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
With the o-line and d-line we have? I call bullshit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
With the o-line and d-line we have? I call bullshit.
If Romo truly believes this, he's not all that smart. Fat Wade's first team that Parcells left behind was clearly the best and most well rounded.

Chances are he's just parroting the organizational sunshine quote of the day.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He's being way too optimistic. The 2007 team was much better and more complete.

This team lacks an OL or depth on the DL in any capacity.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's just one of their canned responses that they use every year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:words

Top Bottom