NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would not say it was obvious from the start...Indy led after the first quarter. Miami just happened to get performances from Allen and Wade to push the game up in the 2nd quarter.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I would not say it was obvious from the start...Indy led after the first quarter. Miami just happened to get performances from Allen and Wade to push the game up in the 2nd quarter.
Indiana did lead, yes, but even in the 1st quarter, you could see Miami's energy was higher and that the double teams were causing both West and Hibbert problems.

They committed 9 turnovers in that quarter and you could tell that they were going to have trouble solving Miami's defense, which they never were able to do.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Indiana did lead, yes, but even in the 1st quarter, you could see Miami's energy was higher and that the double teams were causing both West and Hibbert problems.

They committed 9 turnovers in that quarter and you could tell that they were going to have trouble solving Miami's defense, which they never were able to do.
I kind of looked at it as they had the lead despite all those turnovers. I was not sure Miami was going to be able to maintain that intensity, but to their credit they did.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I kind of looked at it as they had the lead despite all those turnovers. I was not sure Miami was going to be able to maintain that intensity, but to their credit they did.
It certainly appeared as if the moment was too big for the young Pacers, but they'll be back.

They should be good for quite some time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So I like the Sam Hickie hire in Philly, but at some point we might want to think about hiring a coach. He is focusing on structuring the front office, which I respect, but you also want to give your coach a chance to have time to analyze the draft, Bynum, and other FA matters.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So I like the Sam Hickie hire in Philly, but at some point we might want to think about hiring a coach. He is focusing on structuring the front office, which I respect, but you also want to give your coach a chance to have time to analyze the draft, Bynum, and other FA matters.
Jeff Van Gundy is starting to come up as a name for coaching vacancies after being out of it for a while.

I was a big JVG fan and did not understand why he didn't get offers sooner. Is that a guy you would be ok with in Philly?

Carp

DCC 4Life
He won't go to Philly...I would love him in Philly, but there are better jobs out there. Memphis and the Clips are better jobs for sure.

I think we end up with an assistant...Sampson or Finch from Houston or possibly Shaw.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I keep seeing big men and small forwards being mocked to OKC...I think they have to draft another PG. Shane Larkin, Dennis Schroeder, Michael CW...I was not impressed at all with Jackson.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I keep seeing big men and small forwards being mocked to OKC...I think they have to draft another PG. Shane Larkin, Dennis Schroeder, Michael CW...I was not impressed at all with Jackson.
Reggie Jackson is a solid back up. He really grew this year. This was only his 2nd year in the league.

A functional big man is more of a need and will help them a lot more than a 3rd PG.

Perkins offers us nothing. He's an average rebounder; he doesn't block shots; he's a horrid passer; and his offensive game is laughable.

Sadly his best asset is the ability to set screens for shooters. That's literally all he offers. Oh and dozen or so scowls per game. Other than that we might as well be playing 5 on 4 when he's in the game.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They can do better than Jackson...I thought he did a poor job filling in. That team needs a guy who can get in the lane and quicks similiar to Westbrook...Larkin would be excellent. As muh as Fisher player they use their 3rd PG a shitload. They can get a big man through FA or with their 2nd 1st rounder.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If I am a Heat fan...which I am not, but kinda...I would not feel good going into this one. With a diminished Wade right now you could make the case that of the teams starting 5 the Spurs have the advantage or are tied at every spot but SF. Not only that, but their depth is much better.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Back to the Jordan/Lebron thing.

This right here is another reason why Jordan would beat Lebron in a one on one regardless of Lebron's superior physical ability:

The announcers gush about LeBron, mentioning him in the same sentence with Jordan, who hears every word. Those words have an effect on him. He stares at the TV and points out a flaw in LeBron's game.

"I study him," he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."

For the rest of the game, when LeBron gets the ball and starts his move, Jordan will call out some variation of "drive" or "shoot." It's not just LeBron. He sees fouls the officials miss, and the replays prove him right. When someone shoots, he knows immediately whether it's going in. He calls out what guys are going to do before they do it, more plugged into the flow of the game than some of the players on the court. He's answering texts, buried in his phone, when the play-by-play guy announces a LeBron jump shot. Without looking up, Jordan says, "Left?"

Great read, btw : http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/Michael-Jordan/michael-jordan-not-left-building

D

Deuce

Lebron is no dummy. If Jordan forced him left, Lebron would just back is ass down to the block and then turnaround fade on him from 5 feet. If the game were make it-take it and Lebron got the ball first, it would be a shut out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Lebron is no dummy. If Jordan forced him left, Lebron would just back is ass down to the block and then turnaround fade on him from 5 feet. If the game were make it-take it and Lebron got the ball first, it would be a shut out.
No way.

You really think Jordan's killer instinct and ridiculous will to win would get shutout? And after Jordan attacked him with no mercy, you counting on Lebron to answer to that call?

Lebron is more assertive now, but he's not this killer. He's not this monster with a refuse-to-lose mentality like Jordan was.

Jordan is winning that matchup, no doubt about it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Who gives a shit about 1 on 1 anyway?

It has next to nothing to do with real team basketball.

Carp

DCC 4Life
What does Lebron have to do to be that killer that you seem to think he isn't? Furrow his brow or what? I know some think he passes on shots at the end of games to get the ball to open teamates, but Jordan passed to Kerr...so it is not uncommon. Not saying James would beat Jordan, but it would be a pick 'em IMO.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Who gives a shit about 1 on 1 anyway?

It has next to nothing to do with real team basketball.
Says the guy who consantly made projections based on Rose being healthy this year...even if he wasn't...stick with reality!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Says the guy who consantly made projections based on Rose being healthy this year...even if he wasn't...stick with reality!
I've barely mentioned Rose in months but thanks for the thought.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What does Lebron have to do to be that killer that you seem to think he isn't? Furrow his brow or what? I know some think he passes on shots at the end of games to get the ball to open teamates, but Jordan passed to Kerr...so it is not uncommon. Not saying James would beat Jordan, but it would be a pick 'em IMO.
His entire body of work.

You know better, you saw Jordan play in the era that he played in, just like you saw Lebron quit vs Boston in 09, and watched him bow out like a bitch vs the Mavs for games 4,5, and 6. Are you really going to tell me that you think Lebron is out for blood when he's on the court?

I can see it in Kobe, but Lebron? You can't tell me that he displays the same characteristics as MJ. Again, he's become more aggressive ever since game 6 vs Boston last year, but he hasn't completely transformed.

It has nothing to do with mean faces or any such nonsense because Jordan never did that, it's about the attitude and I know that you know exactly what I'm talking about. Lebron isn't anywhere close to Jordan in that regard and not really close to Kobe in that aspect either.

Top Bottom